Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Just getting started. Everything is rendering black instead of a color.

Discussion in 'HDRP Ray Tracing' started by Caliber-Mengsk, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Caliber-Mengsk

Caliber-Mengsk

So I'm just getting started with this, trying it out and all, but nothing renders with a texture or a color. It does reflections, but not a glass/transparency/refraction effect. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong at the moment.

Info:
    unity 2020.1.0.b3.3385 (newest in hub)
    RTX 2080 Super
    HDRP 8.0.1
    Project was updated from 2019.3.0f6 but was practically a new project. Had this same problem in it, which is why I upgraded the project.

I've attached an image of what I'm having a problem with and the inspector view for the camera, the directional light, and the 3 materials in the scene. Any clue what's going on here?

Attached Files:

2. Lex4art

Lex4art

Materials are black because of option "Rendering pass" in their properties was set to "Raytracing". Switch it back to default and ray tracing will work fine, this option used only for one special type of ray traced materials (refractive glass, it requires that option + "Recursive rendering" override enabled in volume settings)...