Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Just did the exam

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by MrQaz, Feb 26, 2020.

1. MrQaz

MrQaz

...and I failed.
    Specifically the Unity Certified Programmer exam.
    I bought the practice exam, studied the subjects for the questions that I got wrong and studied for a solid week, only to end up getting 482 points. It was 500 to pass, 700 max.
    I didn't go down the courseware route because I was told that it wasn't very effective and I don't think I missed out on much.
    Be warned, the practice exam's question are shorter, easier and seem a bit dated compared to the live exam.
    I calculated and I was less than 2 correct questions or 3% away from passing.
    I'm absolutely distraught as I was hoping to present this at this dream job interview I have coming up and they say that they require it.

Given my story, is it worth me getting the certified associate certification so that I at least have something to show on the day? If so, given that I got so close to passing the UCP exam, do I even need to study for it?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  2. JohnnyGinard

JohnnyGinard

Hey man, I also failed with a 490 points score (1 question to pass)... For a couple of minutes I went to cry to a corner and after wiping out my tears I studied deeply the questions that I hesitated to answer and I retook the test. And this last time, I can not only say I passed the test, but I passed it with a high grade! :D

It's a pretty difficult test as the questions expect you to have experience making games in that specific topic. So, to answer all correctly you would have to know the entire Unity's API and have made a game of all genres xD BUT, in the end, if you improve yourself and persevere you will also make it! :D

So, keep working at it and you will pass! And this goes for anyone watching this thread :)

PS: I also had the same situation of wanting to have it to show it at an interview and couldn't xD Now I can show it! :)

Attached Files:

3. AlessioGrancini

AlessioGrancini

Hey guys I had a similar experience and I would like to share it in order to understand if there is anyone that can help. I failed for 3 points! very sad.. Generally I believe that the official courseware and the official practice test are not even remotely close to how the real test is structured and the fact that they do not allow you to see your test after the exam for me it's unbelievable!
    How can someone can get ready properly!?
    Honestly, I am very frustrated. Cause I passed the last month going through the courseware, learning a lot of things, but also not directly related to the my very first goal ; passing the exam and get certified ! I really would like to know if there is any reliable source that prepares you for this exam. So far it felt like a lottery.

4. bearnavy4

bearnavy4

The only thing I can say here, is that soon I will have my exams and I don't know how I will overcome them. That's not going to be a great experience.

5. muerbingsha

muerbingsha

is UCP exam free? Thank you for clarification.

unityunity