Search Unity

Other Just can't build for android playstore anymore (.aab)

Discussion in 'Android' started by TEKNOJIHAD, Mar 19, 2023.

1. TEKNOJIHAD

TEKNOJIHAD

Hello,

I've been working on my project for 3 years now, it is an android game which is gonna be released on the playstore, the game is almost fully finished, it is fully polished, playable and complete, I only need to finish the ads and a button to remove ads.

At first I would get alot of errors because of Admob package and the In App Purchase package so I did all kinds of workarounds to build the .aab file, (changed gradle settings files and versions and alot more stuff).

At the time when I started this project, I had no idea the playstore had a limit of 150mb per app, My .aab file was almost 600mb so the upload of the .aab file would always give me an error, I figured out this limit could be "ignored" if I used the "Play Asset Delivery".

I added the package and now I can't build the .aab file even on backup projects, I get 243 errors when building.

I already tried:

- Opening and updating the project to 2020.1.3f1 (I am currently attempting to build on 2019.4.1f1).
    - Going back to a project backup of 2019.4.1f1 (when the .aab file was buildable, and the project did not have "Play Asset Delivery" Package).
    - Deleting the library folder of the project.
    - Restoring/Adding back various older projects (1 hour of loading everytime).

I have been trying to fix these errors for hours now and no success, I am not finding anything on google related to these errors,

At this point if I could revert back to when I could build the .aab file I would be happy (btw building an .aab file on an empty android project works).

I will attempt to resize all the texture and diminish all audio files qualities to get below the 150mb limit,

Here is the start of the list of errors I get when building: (there are over 200).

Code (CSharp):
    1. An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.8.0-adoptopenjdk). Please file a bug against the Java compiler via the Java bug reporting page (http://bugreport.java.com) after checking the Bug Database (http://bugs.java.com) for duplicates. Include your program and the following diagnostic in your report. Thank you.
    3. java.lang.AssertionError: annotationType(): unrecognized Attribute name MODULE (class com.sun.tools.javac.util.UnsharedNameTable$NameImpl)
    5.     at com.sun.tools.javac.util.Assert.error(Assert.java:133)
    7.     at com.sun.tools.javac.code.TypeAnnotations.annotationType(TypeAnnotations.java:231)
    9.     at com.sun.tools.javac.code.TypeAnnotations$TypeAnnotationPositions.separateAnnotationsKinds(TypeAnnotations.java:294)
    11.     at com.sun.tools.javac.code.TypeAnnotations$TypeAnnotationPositions.visitVarDef(TypeAnnotations.java:1164)
    13.     at com.sun.tools.javac.tree.JCTree$JCVariableDecl.accept(JCTree.java:852)
    15.     at com.sun.tools.javac.tree.TreeScanner.scan(TreeScanner.java:49)
    17.     at com.sun.tools.javac.code.TypeAnnotations$TypeAnnotationPositions.scan(TypeAnnotations.java:275)
    19.     at com.sun.tools.javac.tree.TreeScanner.scan(TreeScanner.java:57)
    Does anyone know what I should do?

Edit: Fixed by adding a backup project again in Unity Hub and running it with unity 2019, unticking all special templates in Player Settings->Publishing settings, and using default/recommended SDK/NDK/Gradle in Edit->Preferences->External tools, after that I downloaded installed unity 2021.3.15f1 and android modules and opened the backup project on that version, no build errors (I'm not sure using a backup and opening in 2019 was necessary).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023