Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Just bought unity 5 have only 1 problem!

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Ziron999, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Ziron999

Ziron999

For some reason my Physics.OverlapSphere's are no longer working i am using filter masks everything is setup just like it was in 4.6

2. N1warhead

N1warhead

Check the built in Scripting Reference Help > Scripting Reference.

A few things have changed with how things are done, that may be one of theme.

There's a search bar at the top of it.

3. Ziron999

Ziron999

The scripting reference was worthless for me but it looks like the problem is the new "Physics.overlapsphere" with some testing no longer works with "is trigger" colliders! this is a serious problem that i hope get's changed...

4. Ziron999

Ziron999

does anyone know why or how to fix this? I would be unable to make my game in this current state....

5. Ziron999

Ziron999

well looks like the only solution until this is fixed somehow is to have 2 colliders doubling the collider memory :( so i can still have an istrigger with a non istrigger just for the sphere overlap...

6. SpiriTx

SpiriTx

Graphics QA

Could you please report a bug with your scene attached and post case # here? I'd take a look.

7. Ziron999

Ziron999

I've already changed my code but the problem with this way is i now have to have 2 physics.overlapspheres and 2 colliders for things to work right...can't use any in trigger events or physics.overlapsphere will not work with it. I sure have a lot less lines of code due to the layer masks though so that's nice.

Units:
    1 overlap - detects enemy bullets
    1 overlap - detects enemy units
    they keep using targets[0] until there is no targets.
    i cannot create one for planets because planets must have 2 collision because of mouse clicking them... the bigger one being the only one that is an istrigger for soloy this reason. smaller one for ai sensor and click events and not istrigger

Global Sensors (3 max):
    have expanding overlaps for detecting nearby planets(enemy AI)

also anytime i want to do more checks i have to keep creating overlaps for each one causing a serious issue...the only real solution is to get rid of ALL overlaps but that's not a fix either for performance reasons...