Search Unity

Just bought the Humble Unity Bundle

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Pixative, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Pixative

Pixative

And you're demanding my FULL PERSONAL INFORMATION to redeem the things I already bought? Name, address, phone number, everything? That's disgusting. Imagine if a grocery store demanded your social security number before letting you leave with your groceries you already paid for? If the project I plan to help with wasn't already committed to Unity I'd be not walking but *running* away to Godot, Gamemaker etc.

Gromisiak likes this.
  2. LaneFox

LaneFox

You need a Unity account to redeem the Asset Store Vouchers. That's all.

3. soleron

soleron

How is this disgusting? That's actually pretty normal for any professional license. Makes sense.

And that was an awesome Bundle too! Great value! Many thanks to Unity for promoting the games AND the great tools who accepted to participate.

4. Pixative

Pixative

False. An account isn't good enough. You cannot redeem them at all without telling Unity where you live as well.

No, it's not normal to be asked to turn over your most private personal information to a third party in order receive a product you already paid for. It's well beyond merely making an account.

Your "totally organic" comment at the end is creepy. Do they ban you if you don't praise everything they do? Are they watching? Are they in the room with you right now? Just blink twice for yes ;)

Gromisiak likes this.
  5. halley

halley

You need nothing to buy the Humble Bundle. It's like buying a coupon for a Britney Spears album off the street corner, as far as we're concerned.

However, it's not for a Britney Spears album, it's for a specific commercial license for game design assets which are only usable in the Unity system. To develop games in the Unity system, you need the Unity system. And to GET the Unity system, you need to establish the commercial license for Unity. Unity expects folks will use those commercial licenses for game design assets in a commercial manner, and for that, they are entering into a commercial contract with you.

If you find the game development assets useless, that's fine. Go enjoy the other finished-game aspects of your bundle. But to come to the forums and just whine about the terms and conditions without having done your own research ahead of time, it's just pathetic.