Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games (PC) Jurassic Extinction (Released)

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by warthos3399, Jul 29, 2019.

1. warthos3399

warthos3399

@Darrkbeast I could use a layer, have many times before. I used black, because in between the planks its blackish, and has shadow, so it fits nicely. Its just another way to do it. I used that same trick in a few other games, same type rope bridge, same problem. As you cant bake navmesh in between the seperate planks, so AI just stops. I wish we had a system where you could paint navmesh then bake it :)

Dont know if you do this already, but i have what i call my Unity Bible. Its a file of all my unity fixes/tricks/solutions, code info, and general important info.

2. warthos3399

warthos3399

I took a break from cinema director and did more work on level 3. We also have another new resident: the Dimorphodon. They will be placed on the ground level of area 3, below the pteranodons. Some info on them (facts): is a pterosaur species, had 2 razor sharp types of teeth, and its head is bigger than its body. Heres a SS of the stock (just bought) asset, take a good look, cause it wont look anything like that once im done, lol.

Will take a few hours of texture/model/material/AI work, but he will fit in nicely. Heres what i do to optimize/set up any model/asset i use:
    • Set up materials (GPU instance, shut off reflection and specular highlights, add in any extra maps (normal, height, metallic, etc.) and adjust.
    • Set up textures (resolution, Mip Maps, Ansio Level).
    • Import and adjust/customize texture (custom work, then hue/saturation, and sharpen).
    • Add asset to scene, test.
    • Poly/tri reduction, (reduce until you dont see any noticable distorts from too low poly/tris).
    • Add/set up EmeraldAI/animations.
    Ill post a video soon as theyre ready :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  3. Antypodish

Antypodish

Just short one note. The straight bridges don't feel naturally, in comparison to other hanging bridges.

warthos3399 likes this.
  4. warthos3399

warthos3399

Couldnt wait to show you the transformation, this is my re-texture of dimorphodon:
    • The color/hue matches the environment.
    • The texture, i was able to bring out the detail so it "pops" out.
    • Dimorphadon had round eyes like a human, added.
    • All mouth textures heavily modified, teeth, roof, etc.
    This was fun, and is night and day compared to stock asset. I use and love JP Assets, but...the texture/materials are way off, and are "washed out". Look up any JP dino asset on the store, and watch the demo scene video, and youll see what i mean. And the mouth colors are way off, etc. JP Assets are great for the models/animations, textures/materials not so much, lol. I was also able to drop poly/tri count with these guys pretty well:

So please, make sure your AI/Characters fit the environment, all else will fall into place :)
    Breakdown:
    • Little bits of yellow like the base of the grass.
    • Green color/hue like the top of the grass.
    • Grey, like the rocks, etc.
    • And blue shade, like the river water.
    We have all the hues and color of the surrounding environment, in the dino texture. In evolutionary terms, this would be correct.

Antypodish likes this.
  5. warthos3399

warthos3399

Yes im aware, so heres the low down: the straight ones are ridged bridges (to be able to use navmesh), the curved ones are physics enabled (effected by weight, etc.), but the ptera's cant use them, as they are moving (physics), and planks are seperate objects with a space in between them, no navmesh will work. So i have 2 choices, make all bridges ridged (linear), or leave it the way it is for variety. But your answer kind of hints at the "all bridges the same" theory.

Per storyline, this is the Devils Triangle/Time Anomaly area. Why in level 1 is the plane wrecked, but the old wooden ship in level 2 is in pristine shape?, why is the cargo ship in level 3 look brand new? Why is the skeleton of Omar Khoury there, after a crash that happened an hour ago? Its up to you John Paul Dupree, to figure it out.

6. Antypodish

Antypodish

Unless you really want to, I wouldn't be bother too much with physical objects. At least not yet.
    Either making game all physics based, or better stay to "simplicity". It will be a bit weird, some stuff are physics like interacting, other not.

I would just made them normal fixed hanging brides. At least, you remove some complexity at this stage.
    This is something, you could implement it in future, if you find it feasible and time for play with.

warthos3399 likes this.
  7. warthos3399

warthos3399

I agree, i figured while i set up ground level, ill set all bridges the same, and we can take it from there :)

Antypodish likes this.
  8. warthos3399

warthos3399

Tonights update isnt really big, as ive been working on ground level foliage in area 3. Its looking good, i can already see it finished, cant wait:
    • All bridges are same type, fixed.
    • Started adding foliage to ground level.
    • Added a way out of the river/water, near the bridges leading to ground/top level.
    • As you may have guessed, ammo for this area is shotgun.
    • Added new hidden weapons into UFPS, they will appear soon.
    I started prototyping the 4th/final area last night, have a few ideas.The area will be volcanic/lava/rock based environment. Good place for a boss fight, of course after you use grenades to blow down the blocking rock wall. This weekend will be wrapping up area 3, as once foliage is done, then i just need to set up the dimorphodon's AI/animation in EmeraldAI:

Antypodish likes this.
  9. warthos3399

warthos3399

Put yourself in my position: Last night i did some work on the pteranodons, after setting up the bridges, etc. Came home tonight, fired everything up, started a playtest, looked at the stats window, and i almost had a heart attack, lol. It was running at 22 FPS!!, what the hell!! JE always runs 74+ FPS no matter the level or scene.

So i started to shut things off things to narrow down whos the culprit... it was the bridges. Hate to admit this... but it was my stupid fault, lol. The bridges i use also have physics capability, and that requires rigidbodys, and every seperate piece of the bridge model had a rigidbody on it... I forgot to delete them all, as i decided to no longer use the physics. That many rigidbodys in the scene wrecked havok, lol.

So, the weekend begins, and area 3 should be done by weekends end, and onto final area 4/boss fight. Also note: Ill be setting up the dimorphodons AI tonight and tomorrow, ive decided that unlike the pteranodons, dimo is alot smaller, and will be a "hider", you wont see them, only hear them, before they jump out and attack. Heres a editor SS to show the actual scale of dimo compared to human:

BonneCW and Antypodish like this.
  10. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

I've been using pro builder for this. Make a plane, add edge loops, extrude the edges, and build out a mesh to cover your intend walkable area. Set its layer to be culled or use a transparent material so it's invisible (bonus this could also be used for map from orthographic camera). Have it be the only object in the scene that has static walkable. This way you only have 1 nice clean piece of geometry instead of having it be based on the scene model details.

warthos3399 likes this.
  11. khos

khos

Why not create a script that enables physics on the bridges only when you are close by, cold that help with performance, it has helped me with these kind of situations before, anyway maybe too late as you already deleted them :)

warthos3399 likes this.
  12. warthos3399

warthos3399

Pro Builder is ok, i use a plane to create a surface (colored black for visual sight) for navmesh to be baked on, bake, then i shut off those planes. A temporary surface to bake navmesh, then instead of making them invis, i just shut them off.

13. warthos3399

warthos3399

I didnt delete them, just shut them off. The AI didnt like the physics on the bridges, plus i wasnt planning on physics support for this game. But your idea is a good one :)

14. warthos3399

warthos3399

Area 3 is looking great with foliage!. I really like how its coming out!. Check it out:

15. warthos3399

warthos3399

Been working on Dimorphodons animations/AI tonight. I had to scale him up (40% of the size of pteranodon), as the real small scale created negative results, for instance, 1 shot would kill a "crow sized" creature. Now thats no fun to the player, lol.

Once again ive made a hybrid to compensate, bigger scale, tends to stay lower to the ground, heres why...

He is classified as a Herbavore, Insectivore, and Carnivore. Which means he eats plants, insects, and small animals (gound level food). So far the animations work great, though animation events for audio and dmg need to be added. Check out the 1st pass of dimorphodon, oh BTW the palms have been added, foliage is done:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  16. warthos3399

warthos3399

Level 3 area 3 is now finished. This area came out awesome, was worth the extra work and time. Deving this area was a bit of a challenge, considering the set up. Its like deving 2 levels, top and ground. Also note where you are, your at the bottom of a canyon, so if it looks a little dark, its expected, due to where you are, your down in a hole, lol.

Now onto the the next/final area, going to be exciting, the level is lava/rock/volcanic area and the boss is....T-Rex!. Going to be fun, there will be two of them, i have alot of plans for this boss fight, and if you have them, grenades might come in handy, lol. More info/SS/Video to come. If anyone has any questions/comments, feel free :)
    Heres the video of the ground level:

17. Antypodish

Antypodish

Nice one.

But they shouldn't be all walking on ground. They should attack from the air in my opinion. Is just doesn't feel right for flying creatures to only walk/ ground altitude.

Regarding river, it would be nice to see tall grass, or other flora on river banks.
    It is just lookong to empty atm.

18. warthos3399

warthos3399

Adding more foliage around the river is no prob. The Dimorpodons on the ground level are good the way they are, they acting/flying, etc. as intended.

Now...the Pteranodons on the top level should be flying, fly attacking, etc. Totally agree with you, only 1 prob, i can make them fly, fly attack and all, easy, but if you kill them, they die in the air and stay there, and wont drop to the ground. What im going to do is set one up for flight, and ill record a short video to show what i mean, ill be back in a bit :)

19. warthos3399

warthos3399

Ok, heres the best way to explain:
    • AI needs a navmesh to move on.
    • Now for flying AI you need to offset them from the navmesh (which makes their position higher up in the air/sky).
    • Everything looks good, theyre flying in the air, etc.
    • BUT when you shoot and kill them, they only fall down to the offset level (not the terrain/navmesh level), so they die in the air, and that looks like crap.
    Ive tried for hours and hours with this prob in JE1. Watch this video, youll see what i mean:

So if you or anyone else has a solution, please do tell, lol.

20. warthos3399

warthos3399

This is what i did/set up last night, its as close as i can get, just cant add height/offset. The only other thing i can do is, create planes and make bigger walkable navmesh areas, BUT, they would still fly at that same height, and if killed off the bridges, they will die in the air.

Without the height issue, i got them working pretty good (still need to add a few more animations), but at least theyre flying and staying in the air:

21. warthos3399

warthos3399

Actually guys, ive expanded their range (they go out on both rocks on ends of bridges), and with some animation adjustment, it actually looks damn good! :)

I just played 10 rounds, and its really good, they are in the air above your height, so you have to look/aim up. They are fast, once you shoot them, or your detected, they fly fast. Thnx to Antypodish for the motivation, and ill get the extra foliage in, before i continue on the next area :)

Also wanted to take a minute to say....thnx guys, i mean everyone. If your reading this post...i want to thank you, so much. Why?, because after working a FT job, and come home to see 100+ people have viewed my thread, motivates me like a freight train. And to those few that do comment, BIG thnx!, as it only helps the dev process. :) Heres the updated pteranodon footage:

Antypodish and Vharz like this.
  22. warthos3399

warthos3399

Sorry for the late update, had to finish some work on a server emulator, but had enough time to start ptototyping area 4, this is the base foundation. Ill be adding in lava later tonight. Heres a SS of me hangin out with my rex :):

You can see the entrance (where the breakable rock wall will be), top center. The cave like exit is to the lower right of the entrance. This areas ammo is assault rifle. There will be many item crates with ammo and health pickups. t-rex is a major boss, there will be 2, this will be the 2nd longest boss fight in game, the #1 is end game boss. Youll have t-rex and lava to contend with, and both will do good dmg.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  23. Antypodish

Antypodish

You welcome, You are doing great progress. Keep it up^.^.

I think that major problem is, you are focusing with your pteranodon too much on nav mesh-bridge, in my opinion.
    You should allow it to "go down", off the bridge, but with height offset, at level of bridge. So if pteranodon move off the cliff, or off the bride, it don't fall down, on ground level navmesh, but appears to be flying. But in fact is walking on the ground level. You really want make it be able attacking you from sides, when on the bridge.

See my duddling :p
    upload_2020-3-19_17-54-40.png

Chances are, there is different solution to that. Specifically to pteranodon.

BonneCW likes this.
  24. warthos3399

warthos3399

Heya guys, well i finally got area 4 looking how i wanted/imagined it. Heres the list of updates:
    • Added rock floor formations.
    • Added in lava, complete with bubbling lava and smoke particle effects.
    • Added in t-rex's to help with scale/set up.
    • Reduced scale of rock bridges.
    As dev progresses, the more scale of all objects falls into place. This area should be done this weekend, and im going to celebrate, as that means the game is 50% deved. I plan to have 6, maybe 7 levels. Ill have video this weekend :)

Antypodish likes this.
  25. warthos3399

warthos3399

@Antypodish i havent forgotten about your post, love what you said, but in order to answer correctly, id have to make a vid, and ill take care of that tomorrow night bro :)

26. Antypodish

Antypodish

No probs. Take your time :)

27. warthos3399

warthos3399

@Antypodish I set this guy up to fly all over the place, and he does. And is set on the ground level with a height offset of 78 (bridge level).

He flys all over, etc. but if you kill him (not over a bridge), he will die at the offset height, NOT the ground level, so he dies in the air, no good, doesnt fall to the ground, looks like crap:

28. Antypodish

Antypodish

Ok, lets take matter in different way.
    You as character can jump of the cliffs down right? Then you just fall down.
    That at least what I expect.
    Same for the bridge, assuming there are no barriers.

Now, think, how would you make jetpack for your character.
    Once you got that part, apply similar mechanics to ptero.

I hope that makes sense?

Or is there some technical limitation you are facing at?
    I just not sure, why there is an issue, of making flying something?

29. warthos3399

warthos3399

It does make sense, like you, i know theres a work around for this prob, might be technical, or might be as simple as modding the code/scripts, not sure yet. The dino will only die at navmesh level, or offset level, so im currently looking at EmeraldAI's API, and code.

Another idea came to mind...when they die, add weight/mass. One thing is for sure, i need to stop, look at code/API, and do some testing. I might talk to BHS, those guys are great, and might have run into this before.

30. warthos3399

warthos3399

Did alot of work on area 4 last night and today, and its begining to shape up:
    • T-rex animations and AI set up.
    • Added in the destroyable wall at entrance.
    • Added grenade support (UFPS).
    • Added item crates, assault rifle ammo, and grenades.
    Dmg/health adjustment will be next, and set up of more item crates. Also need to correct the "ghost grenade" effect i see when throwing a grenade. If you watch close, as your throwing a grenade, youll see a ghost copy fly off to the left:

31. warthos3399

warthos3399

Level 3 is done accept a few tweaks, so i started prototyping level 4 last night. Ive also been working on/creating some new dinos, i have at least 4 so far. Between what i make and what i buy, there will be no shortage of dinos, lol.

Wanted to introduce our newest member of JE....the Troodon. He will fit in nice, and heres a SS of him, he wont look like that once im done, currently looking at different colors of feathers and etc. Hes 12 foot long, and a omnivore (eats small animals, etc.), and likes to snack on humans:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Antypodish likes this.
  32. warthos3399

warthos3399

Ya know the whole time ive been at Unity ive never really introduced myself:

Hello, im Paul Langlois AKA: Warthos (Duncan in earlier years) im from New Hampshire (USA).
    I started out playing early console games, then got into hacking them (by hex editor
    interface, action replay/exploder, etc.), then started game deving with early engines like
    RPG Creator (8-16 bit). Got my 1st computer at 18 (386dx) and i was hooked, learned how to
    code and more, and i got into the Emulation scene. Worked on such emulators as 1964 (n64
    emu), had a emu news site called WWEmu.com and was in the emu scene for many years.

As the years rolled by i started to get into pc based game dev, but there werent alot of
    game engines out in those days (early 80's). As time went on i used a few engines like FPS
    Creator, FPSC x10, etc. Lots of fun and made alot of games. Also have done my share of game
    modding, for many games, love Left For Dead series (Valve/Steam).

In recent years ive worked on such games as Phantasy Star Online (PSO, Dreamcast, SOA) as a
    anti-hex hacker, Shadowbane (a mmorpg PvP based game from ubisoft/wolfpack studios), that
    was shutdown, but we in the community got into server emulation, and now 2 SB emulators
    exist: MagicBane, and SBEmu (by way of reverse-enginering/packet sniffing, etc.).

I recently decided to hit the big game development engines that we now have (Unity3d,
    UnrealEngine), as ive always worked for someone else (in-house custom engines), time to do dev for myself. I was deving some assets for another game engine: Game Guru, (which used to be FPS Creator), when i thought about unity/unreal.

Unity hands down best choice, and i havent looked back since. C#, good particle/PPE
    systems, flexibility is great, support for models/textures/audio, is good, can produce same
    visual results as unreal, IF your looking to dev a AAA title like that. Unity has a larger
    asset, community, and knowledge base (yes ive used UE, but dont like it).

Stephen_O, Antypodish and Canseko_boy like this.
  33. warthos3399

warthos3399

Just wanted to stop in with some info. Still working on level 4 area 1, mostly prototyped, but when the actual game levels are complete ill need to get on cinematics (for cut scenes). Tried Cinemachine (for 3 nights), didnt like it at all. Way to overdone, complicated, going to take too long to do what i need.

Currently using Cinema Director. I have a JE test server set up with the latest version of JE. CD is a great system, but not one you can learn in a few hours. So by the time the levels are completed, ill be all set. Another is UI/main menu, have to start getting on that while levels are being built, so im really busy and work every night till 1-2 a.m.

This is where im at now with CD: Im using a FPS controller/camera. So ive tried disabling the FPS camera when the cutscene starts, so i can use other cameras for different shots, but thats not working. When i disable the FPS camera, so goes my PPE. So, where theres so far no PPE support, im going to add it on any other cameras, but theyre "virtual cameras", we will see how that works out. Next is animation, again i use a FPS controller that is the player, not a NPC, so i have to be careful adding animation support to a player controller to be compat with CD.

The Troodon is starting to look damn cool, alot of custom texture work, different feather colors, body colors. Promise before or by the weekend ill have video of progress. NOTE: in all my research for this game, one thing i keep seeing everywhere (official JP games, fan games, etc.)....ALOT of people want to see a striped raptor...So ive decided to create a killer one, but it will be my ProtoRaptor model that ill use. Dont you worry, Warthos has got you... :)

34. warthos3399

warthos3399

35. warthos3399

warthos3399

Finished the re-texture of the Troodon, had to re-texture all of the mouth (it was horrible looking), as well as the body/feathers. You probably wont see him in action until its time to add him into level 4, but he has a ton of animations, so he will fit in nice. Heres a SS, came out pretty good, couldnt add too much sharpness, as it effects the feathers:

36. warthos3399

warthos3399

Heya guys, well im considered an "Essential Need" during the pandemic, so i dont get to stay home and do extra work on JE :( But normal work continues, the Troodon is finished, working on striped raptor, and working on level 4 area 1. Weekend will be here soon, and i can tell you the 1st dino in the new area will be Dimetrodon.

One thing thats been on my mind is the Brachyosaurs, theyre herbavores, and dont have any attack animations, but i NEED them in game. They were the 1st dino i ever added to the game, and i love them, call them "my girls". I will figure out a way to add them in. Might take some modifications, but they will be there.

No matter where you live, no matter the situation, be safe, protect yourself and your friends and family, god bless you all.

Warthos :)

jamespaterson and Antypodish like this.
  37. warthos3399

warthos3399

Sorry for the late update, been working on level 4 area 1, which is a forest area like the carnotaurs area (trees and ferns). Got wall rocks, trees, small rocks and ground textures done, plants and dead trees are next. Todays the only day ive had time to dev, RL got in the way :(

38. warthos3399

warthos3399

Heya guys, hope everyone is safe, healthy, and happy :) Im taking a few days off from JE for a good reason. Im in shopping mode, buying assets, downloading free ones, that are actually useful in this, and future projects, and organizing my projects and assets (cleaning house).

As a game dev, ive decided that my next step, to further my experience and knowledge, as well as quality of my work, i bought Terrain Composer 2. I might switch to Gaia later on. I feel i need to get more into terrain generators, and better terrain methods/results. I need to learn and progress like a game does, and ive done that so far. Time to get to work.

Im pre-setting up/optimizing all assets (new project) before i even begin using TC2, once done, im ready to rock and roll. I know ill be turning out some killer terrains, but not sure ill use it on JE, as i like how i have things set up (close quartered/more blocked off), but then ya never know :) Ill be posting a video this weekend of my TC2 journey. Opinions?

39. Antypodish

Antypodish

Regarding Trodon and raptor, I found something, which may be of potential (distance) future interest. Sure it is pricey, but I think is worth to leave it here for a reference.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/animals/raptor-dinosaur-animated-61372

Specially keep an aye on the author Jakub Kisiel (
    Kubold) of the asset.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/5491

khos likes this.
  40. warthos3399

warthos3399

@Antypodish Yea, ive seen that model before, like it, as it has a ton of animations, and as you said, its something to keep in mind, wish he would do more dino models :)

41. Antypodish

Antypodish

Indeed. Maybe he is open for collaborations.
    Possibly is worth give a shot, to drop him a contact, just to test grounds?

42. warthos3399

warthos3399

@Antypodish Thought the same thing, will have to wait just a bit, i just spent alot of money on my shopping spree, lol. Oh, also, if you look on the asset store, theres quite a few other dino models that have 150+ animations made by others that look great. So in a few weeks ill be grabbing them all.

Antypodish likes this.
  43. warthos3399

warthos3399

I have a test server of JE set up for testing assets and experimentation with models, and look what i found (SS). I was deving him for the orig JE, hes rigged and textured, no animations yet, so i played around with him for a bit.

I may mod him to be a different hybrid, as i dont want to copy Jurrasic Park in any way, even the name cant be used (IndoRaptor). If i decide to mod and use him in JE his name will be VRex, as the indoraptor was created from a velociraptor and a trex. I have alot of dino models im creating/modding, hes just another, lol. Just thought he was cool to see:

44. Antypodish

Antypodish

It definitely looks like older iteration, mainly because of textures.:)
    Or VeloRex / VelRex / VeRex (faster pronunciation) Just thoughts.

45. warthos3399

warthos3399

@Antypodish damn you, lol. I LOVE that idea bro! VeRex fits awesome. Yes, old iteration, checked him out (model, textures, geometry), and at this point id rather buy a game ready model and mod it to my taste. Ive animated many models, but this one is out of my league. Have you seen in the movie the animations, and the body position/movement?, its insane, lol.

Im actually looking at them now, im going to buy a good rigged/animated model and go from there. I have some great ideas for him in JE, but remember, he will NOT look like the JP version, need to test them :) Big thnx for the name idea, works out nice :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  46. warthos3399

warthos3399

Sup guys, sorry for the real late update, but do to the pandemic everything is really screwed up, i actually have less time at home, not more.

Had a chance to work on level 4 area 1, got it looking good, will be setting up the dimetrodons in EmeraldAI tomorrow and adding in carcass bones and nest. On a side note, i bought Gaia, its addicting like crack, lol. Best terrain generator out there, had to delete it, as i need to concentrate on JE:

47. warthos3399

warthos3399

Heya guys, as you know ive been playing around with Gaia, to me the best part is the terrain creation. I did a test tonight with Gaia and T-Rex, with full PPE, high texture res, etc.,

I set up a decent size scene (500 x 500), added PPE, and created a terrain with Gaia (love the stamping), then manualy built the scene elements (rocks, plants, trees, etc.), and the current build looks damn good, look at the detail of the textures, the reflections and specular highlights, and still at 70+ FPS. This is with dino textures at 4098, and all terrain details at 2048 res. Ive changed the main texture of the t-rex, to add detail (the neck area mostly), opinions welcome, but with those specs, the outcome is really damn good, SS speaks for itself:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  48. khos

khos

Colour of the grass is a bit too green/bright, but the overall scene looks much better IMO, why did not do this from the start? :)

warthos3399 likes this.
  49. warthos3399

warthos3399

@khos Wait till i add Aura 2 in the scene (your advice). Yea, thats not my grass, id add mine in, but its only a test scene. But, i will be using Gaia in all of my projects from now on.

Oh, reason i didnt use it from the start, is i didnt have the money to buy Gaia back then, i now bought a ton of top assets last week, Gaia, Aura2, a few more controllers (1st and 3rd Opsive), the new Aquas, etc. Spent like $500 in 2 days, lol.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  50. warthos3399

warthos3399

As you can see in the above test SS, the t-rex texture/material has improved drasticly (you should see him live in game, lol). I will be upgrading all the dinos the same way. Its easy and doesnt take long to do at all, and they will look jaw dropping.

I love Gaia and should have used it from the start, dont how i deved without it, lol. If i was to use it in JE now, id only have 2 choices: add Gaia in, and mod the current 3 levels. Or bite the bullet and re-do the 3 levels to get the awesome terrain. I calculated the time loss last night, and its not too bad, it would take me about 4-5 weeks or less. As with Gaia and the other assets i use, i can save alot of time.

So, part of me likes the workflow i currently have, and part of me wants the killer looking terrains, which would drasticly improve the game. My mind is melting, lol. Anyway, im working on the 1st area, getting the dimetrodons AI and waypoints set up. I will keep working until i can make some sort of decision. Maybe i have to stop trying to make it better looking, and just finish it, lol.