Search Unity

Games Jungle Runner - The Randomly Generated 2D Jungle and Obstacles

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by prduquesne, Jul 21, 2018.

1. prduquesne

prduquesne

LOOKING for Alpha testers! If you would like to be part of our Alpha testing team, please contact me via message.

Introduction

Welcome Unity Community. Jungle Runner is a game that focuses around randomly generating a level and randomly generating obstacles along the way, with each level getting progressively harder.

Mechanics
    Once the game starts, Jones (The main character) will automatically start running to the right. There are only two actions you can perform (For Now): Jump, and Halt. These are your main means of avoiding obstacles. The Hazards (Obstacles) will kill you. The game ends when you lose all your lives. Completing a level will grant an extra life.

The main objective each level is to pick the required amount of Rupees. Once you do, the level generation will end and a Blue Portal will be created at the end of the level generation. This portal will transport you to the next (bit harder) level. Rupees (And some other stuff to be added in the future) will also give you score. The game will slowly subtract score from you as long as you are alive. Keep playing until it is seemingly impossible to survive a level. There are infinite levels. The game continues until your lives run out. You will have a high score.

The game will also have power ups to help you along the way ( You WILL need these). For now, there is only the protective Shield that will shatter any obstacle that touches you for a limited time.

Future Work
    I will plan on adding more power ups and more obstacles. Maby more types of terrain.

Please enjoy the video! I will keep adding more content to this thread soon! And a playable Demo!

Everything you will see in the video is randomly generated and placed by my engine!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  2. prduquesne

prduquesne

Update:

- Jump pads has been replaced with barrel cannons. New video comming soon!
    - New obstacles

3. prduquesne

prduquesne

Update:

LOOKING for Alpha testers! If you would like to be part of our Alpha testing team, please contact me via message.