Search Unity

Jump Armadillo [WebGL]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by CarreraSilvio, Aug 6, 2016.

1. CarreraSilvio

CarreraSilvio

Hey guys and gals! How are you all? I've been working on this jumping game for my girlfriend for a short time and wanted to get your guys feedback. The main thing I wanted to check is the feel of the game. What do you think of the responsiveness when playing? Does it feel good? Also, what would you guys like to see in order to make the game more dynamic?

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22813242/2016/JumpArmadillo/v.0.0.2/index.html

PS: All assets are placeholder (art and sound).

Thanks for your time!

GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

I like it. I made it to 2100 points but as nothing new ever happened I jumped off to my death to end the game.

Very solid start. Excellent control and "feel" of the game. Just need to add some obstacles and it should be a challenging & fun game.

3. Voltarrens

Voltarrens

Nice work. It responds pretty quickly to get from one platform to the next, was a bit too easy to quickly get a score over 40,000 in under a minute.

It would be nice if there were obstacles where you'd have to find a way around, make it so you have to go down to platforms to go around and up past the obstacle. Have some platforms that are timed: if you stay too long it drops out from under the character, these could be a different color to indicate.

Collecting items is always good, players like to collect things, they could be power-ups to jump further and skip a platform, break obstacles perhaps or extra points. They could be positioned on platforms or between them, or make it more dynamic by putting some on the other side of an obstacle.

An end goal would be good :) something like a colored flag or banner on the last platform, an end of level.