Search Unity

Jump Animation

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by charliebradshaw00, Sep 5, 2021.

1. charliebradshaw00

charliebradshaw00

Okay so I have animation set up for walking/strafing and I have my own character controls I am able to walk and jump around. My walking is animated but I do not know how to animate when my character jumps. Please help

2. Pixelith

Pixelith

Google it.

Playing animations is easily googled and already been answered plenty of times before with multiple tutorials spanning the subject.

We don't know how your code works, what you're having trouble with, or if you've even tried anything yet.

3. charliebradshaw00

charliebradshaw00

Ive tried so many things but I just cant get it to work. And sorry Im very new to Unity. If you would like me to elaborate I can, im just not sure how to

4. Pixelith

Pixelith

You reference the animator. On you jump code, when you detect input for a jump and successfully jump, you need to access your animator and call you jump animation. Whether that's through animator.Play, animator.Crossfade, or transitions in the animator itself is up to you.

If this explanation still confuses you, then you need to do tutorials before trying to make anything. Learning your tools and some basic coding will eliminate a lot of the questions and problems you're facing.

5. KalOBrien

KalOBrien

Administrator

Going to move your thread to getting started. Recommend you check out Unity learn guided courses to get used to general workflow stuff!

6. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Pixelith likes this.