Search Unity

JSON .NET Proceeds in December going to charity...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dustin-Horne, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I know this isn't necessarily the best forum to post this in.. and I also posted it in my asset store thread but it is relevant since it is coming from the Unity Community.

I have been looking for ways that I can help my community and I've decided my Asset Store profits would be the best way. I've decided that I will be donating 100% of my December 1st through 20th Asset Store sales profits to the Siena/Francis house which is a local homeless shelter here in Omaha, NE.

http://www.sienafrancis.org/

I have contacted them regarding the donation and I'm waiting for a reply. Specifically, they do a lot of work with homeless children and I have asked that my donation go toward providing them with a Christmas holiday that they may not otherwise be able to have. But I need your help! If you have been on the fence about purchasing this Asset, now is the time to do it.

When I make the donation, I will provide a photo of the check and I will also provide a photo of the receipt as proof of donation as well as any correspondence I receive from the Siena/Francis house so you can see the help your purchase has provided for homeless families.

The window I'm choosing is from December 1st to December 20th so I can cut them a check in time for the holiday. This is my first announcement of the charitable donation, but so far this means that I have $630 for them already this month. I would love to double that and help as many families as we can!

Edit: I will also post a picture of my sales in the Asset Store on December 20th so you can see what they were

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Nice one Dustin.

3. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Thanks. ;) I feel like the asset has been pretty successful for me. I'm not retiring on it by any means... but I also have a full time job so it's disposable income for me. So, I want to give back to my community.

4. Meltdown

Meltdown

Good on you, may you get many sales this month, and always :)

5. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Thanks! I hope so. I've also emailed the Asset Store and asked them to put it on sale for $25 from now until Dec. 20th so I can get more participation so hopefully they can do that for me. I haven't heard back yet.

I also have a conference call in a little over an hour with the Siena / Francis house so I'll know more and be able to give an update with what they plan to do with the donation.

6. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Great news! I had a conference call with the Siena / Francis house and they are of course very grateful. Right now we are at $630 but I pledged a minimum of $1,000. If we don't make it to $1,000 then the extra will come out of my pocket which I don't mind.. but I would love to give them more. 100% of the profit is going to them so if we end up with $10,000 worth of sales... then that entire $10,000 will go to the Siena / Francis house.

So everyone knows what the money will be used for, they will be using it to purchase the rest of the toys they need for the children in their women and children's shelter as well as to the children of the homeless and needy families they server. The rest of the money is going to buy hats, boots and gloves for the children and people in need.

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Very nice of you :)

8. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Thanks! I'm happy to be in a position where I can help make a difference.

9. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Version 1.3.3 was approved and published to the asset store and we have now raised $661.50 for the Siena / Francis House so far!

10. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Thanks to the awesome folks in the Asset Store for working to get my pricing updated! JSON .NET For Unity is now marked down to $25 (that's 44% off) for the charity drive. This should make it more affordable for everyone. We are now up to $696.50 for charity!

http://u3d.as/5q2

11. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Charity contribution is now up to $801.50

12. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

$836.50 and counting. Great work guys!

13. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

You guys are amazing! As of now we are at $959.00 of my original $1,000 goal! It looks like we're going to blow past the goal which is amazing! There are going to be a lot of happy families this year.

14. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

I just got out of a long quarterly meeting and was shocked to find that we are now well beyond the goal and still climbing. You guys are amazing! We are now at $1326.50 for charity! Add my extra $200 and that's a total of $1,526.50 so far that we will be donating and there are still 7 days left! Thank you all!

15. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Overnight sales have brought the donation now to $1,519. With my match that means we now have $1,719 raised for the Siena / Francis House with a week still to go!

16. AndyLL

AndyLL

Thanks for doing this.

I went ahead and bought a copy... I'm sure I'll find a use for it in the future.

Andy

17. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Andy, No need to thank me... it is your purchases that are making this possible, so thank you very much!

Asset Store Sales now at $1624.00 so that brings the donation total to $1,824! We should easily pass the $2,000 mark I hope in the next few days which was my second goal. Tim from Siena / Francis went out and did another round of shopping this morning according to his last email. :) I've been keeping them updated on the new pledge amounts.

18. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

We are one sale away from passing the second fundraising goal of $2,000! The current sales are at $1921.50. With my $200 match that means we are now donating $2,121.50 to charity! And there are 6 days left to go.

19. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Update:

Sales: $2,131.50
    Charity Contribution: $2,331.50

20. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

CHARITY UPDATE

Days Left in Drive: 4
    Current Sales $2,726.50

This means with my $200 match we are almost at $3,000 for total contribution! Great work guys!