Search Unity

JS stubs for Eclipse?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by ibivibiv, Apr 5, 2007.

1. ibivibiv

ibivibiv

In my ever widening quest for a decent way to get autocomplete with unity javascript I thought maybe a set of stubs for adding to a project in a tool like eclipse or other ide might help. I can certainly respect that otee wouldn't want actual code exposed, but is there any way someone has found to accomplish this? Is there such a thing already in the depths of the application? If not, I guess I can just sit and grind it out.

2. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

I don't quite understand why source code would be required for doing auto-complete in some IDE. Of course it is specific to the IDE in question, but I guess they all need some kind of syntax or API definitions to work.

For example, XDevelop can do auto-completion by just using UnityEngine.dll. For some other IDEs you could at least provide a "word list", much like we do for Unitron. Unitron's completion list is in Unitron.app/Contents/Resources/Syntax Definitions/javascript.plist (look for autocompleteWords). Or you could generate better syntax definition from script reference index, for example.

But again, this is highly dependent on the IDE in question.

3. ibivibiv

ibivibiv

Oh yeah definitely no source is required, stubs would be fine. Yeah x-develop is great if you want to do c#. But if you want to stick with javascript I haven't seen a good solution yet. This was the best idea I came up with. I'm looking at building a generator right now from the html doc for some js stubs (was way ahead of you on that one). I was more or less fishing for some stubs already out there, that's why I was saying I didn't want source and understood that it wouldn't be desirable to let it out in the wild. Thanks for the reply!