Search Unity

Question Joystick Input Not Working For Menu UI

Discussion in 'Input System' started by j-d-e-v, Mar 23, 2023.

1. j-d-e-v

j-d-e-v

Hi, I've got a joystick controller in an arcade machine (DragonRise Inc. Generic USB Joystick). I have it set up and working fine with game play actions, but none of the input(joystick or buttons) works with menu UI. After adding the joystick inputs to the menu actions, nothing on the arcade joystick works when on the menu action map. For example I have a "Navigate" action that's linked up to "Move" in the InputSystemUIInputModule, and I have a binding for the joystick under this action, but when I move the joystick, nothing happens. In the input debugger I see that the joystick stick is moving, and in my code I am getting the @navigate started, performed, and canceled callbacks.

Note that gamepads(xbox/playstation) work fine with the menu action map, and that the joystick controller in the arcade machine works fine with my game play action map.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening/what I'm doing wrong? Are joysticks not supported with the InputSystemUIInputModule?