Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Joystick enabling/disabling please

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Alturis2, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Alturis2

Alturis2

Just wanted to make sure that the ability to enable/disable connected devices was going to be supported.

I was frustrated with the fact that my Saitek Rhino combo was always fighting with odd axis values. If someone has an Xbox 360 controller plugged in and other input devices the fact that you cannot control which joystick is what joystick index or just turn different joysticks on and off from Unity's perspective is quite ridiculous.

Not quite as ridiculous as the fact that InputManager does not allow the game to query what actual inputs are bound to what or change them but that's what this new system is for right? ;)

phobos2077 likes this.
  2. runevision

runevision

This post sounds like it is based on experience with the old input system, not the input system prototype, correct?

3. BlackPete

BlackPete

Heh yeah this has been my experience as well, except when trying to support both the Xbox One controller and Oculus Touch controller, where there's no real way to distinguish between the two using the old Input Manager system.

If the new input system allows me a way to distinguish between a Touch thumbstick vs an Xbox controller thumbstick, then that's a massive improvement right there!