Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Joystick axis has rest value of 1, stops other bindings from working.

Discussion in 'Input System' started by SpookyCat, Jan 14, 2024.

1. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

I have a Logitech G29 wheel and I have bound a pedal to an action. This pedal has a not pressed value of 1 so with no player pressing the pedal the Input Debugger shows 1. For the action that pedal is bound to I also have a Keyboard Key assigned. But because the pedal value is 1 Unity seems to think that the axis is being used and stops the Key from being registered. Is there a way to tell Unity Input System that the not pressed value of an axis is something other than 1? I have tried adding a normalize processor but I guess this happens after the check for a control being used.
    I know I can use PassThrough instead of value, that for some reason when using PassThrough you do not get the started or the cancel events from the action and I need those working. So is there a way to get PassThrough to trigger the started and cancel events instead of only the performed event?