Search Unity

Journal du brise-lames

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by fafet, Oct 14, 2020.

1. fafet

fafet

I there,
    Just realeased m'y project made with Unity 5 (started on Unity 4 5 years agoo) based on the book of contemporary writer Juliette Mézenc and designed with her. It's a litterary TPS where health bar become chapter lecture progression and so on. I made heavy use of mesh generation at runtime. Every controls are designed in a way to slow down the rythm of traditionnal game design. And it is in French only ! The point here was obviously not to make a hit but rather have a thought on game technic tools and see how creativity can be boosted buy opening the roof of the engine and dig into it. One of the concept that help me keep the objective was to make the game talk about itself while playing. I tried to find startegies to achieve this. From a realistic graphic look i wanted at the begining of the production i drifted to a procedural and calculation behavior on all level more and more. It's in the code that relie the magic (because it's nothing than magic and so powerfull !). It's quite experimental but the game is stable. By the way : at some point you can unfold the sea, dig into Courbet's Origin of the world, visit my flat in south of France, write your own poetry with the help of Newtopie éditor macros and visit the Sète brise-lames underground caves. The trailer is on the editor Publie.net page :
    https://www.publie.net/briselames/

The game was exhibited at national contemporary art muséum of Beaubourg (centre Georges Pompidou) in Paris in september 2020.

2. fafet

fafet

Now playing with the game and make some love romance vidéo using a home made code éditor (done with Unity) with book writer Juliette Mézenc on the unfolding sea script.

3. fafet

fafet

And as an answer to the code request the vidéo of the unfoding sea process. The script get a runtime outline of the brise-lames and extrapolate the outline to produce a sea at runtime. A special shader project the image of a camera on top of the player on the sea itself making strange light variations.

4. fafet

fafet

New vidéo-poème out of the vidéo game "Journal du brise-lames" inspired by "World origin" painting of Courbet on the love act of Ulysse and Calypso imagined by author Juliette Mézenc. It's very hot and only in French !