Search Unity

Joomla and Unity

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Zelre, May 26, 2019.

1. Zelre

Zelre

Hi guys, I've managed to register users to a database through Unity, and login to those users inside of Unity. However, when you register an account on a Joomla website, the passwords are hashed/hashed and salted automatically by Joomla.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain to me how to do the following:

1. Register an account from Unity that can also be logged into via the Joomla website and vice versa.

Right now when I create an account in Unity, the passwords don't match the Joomla encryption methods... They look very different in the database.

Maybe this is a noob question, but I'm a little stumped here. :(

Also, if I call from php something like "username" and "password" and my username is say, Michael and password is 123456. Will it still return correct regardless of the encryption the database has on the password? As long as the password is 123456.

So if in the database it's like 144jjj34fhf3224f438f43g or what ever, but is actually 123456, does my .php call need to know the full 144jjj34fhf3224f438f43g or just 123456? Is the long ass version just there to protect the password from being visible if the database is breached, or does it actually change the password to that... Requiring me to match it somehow through a third party script?

Thanks in advance,
    Michael.

Not sure if that question made any sense.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

For php, you send POST / GET type requests as string.
    Main encryption other than SSL, should be encrypted php / server side, since anything on client side, can be decoded back.

You can add additional safety, be sending a key to your Unity game, to further encrypt and send back to server credentials, rather than sending raw string of login / password. But shouldn't be rely upon, as only method.

3. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

4. Zelre

Zelre

Late reply, but thanks for the answers. I ended up managing to get Unity and Joomla working together by sending the Login and Register requests directly to the Joomla php files. This worked well up until I Updated Joomla, seems they changed their code somewhat... Will post the scripts and methods here later when I look into it again.