Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Join Unity Pulse, the community at the heart of building a better Unity

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ksahsi, Aug 31, 2021.

1. ksahsi

ksahsi

Unity Technologies

Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community that we created because we believe your experiences and insight into product features are vital to Unity’s evolution.

Unity Pulse is a new online feedback community where users can provide feedback directly to Unity to drive key product decisions for current and potential Unity products and services. We want to make sure that our users’ voices are heard because their experience and insights are vital to Unity’s evolution. You'll also earn points in Unity Pulse for participating in feedback activities that you can use to redeem for prizes.

We’re currently looking to grow our community further with experienced Unity users to provide insight on current and potential products that would be tailored for them or their teams. This will include connecting directly with key Unity stakeholders to share their feedback on new product concepts, usability tests and conversations on how Unity’s products can be improved to support their work.

Our priority is to make this an enjoyable experience for our community, we won’t spam any of our users and they won’t be invited to any feedback activities that aren’t directly related to products, services or projects they’ve worked on.

What you can expect in Unity Pulse:
    • Sign-Up with your Unity ID from the link below
    • Complete the initial sign-up form to complete your profile
    • Get invited to connect directly with Unity product teams on current or potential product feedback
    • Review product demos, complete usability tests and meet with product managers to share and discuss feedback
    • Earn points you can redeem for prizes

We hope this sounds interesting to our users creating amazing larger scale projects with Unity, we would love to connect with them soon in Unity Pulse to hear their invaluable feedback.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  2. LightStriker

LightStriker

Why? Been giving feedback to Unity for over a decade, every time asked. And it just never happens.
    It took 9 years to get a single simple copy-paste in the inspector!

3. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Kind of hope that this is a fruitfull program for unity collecting usefull feedback, I do share your sentiment and that I also feel like giving more feedback while there is still a backlog to be implemented can feel like a low return exercise. But it will not stop me from doing so :). but still not sure about joining pulse. I would love to hear some of the outcomes that unity have implemented as a result of feedback via pulse.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  4. Well, actually Pulse is a step in the right direction. Once you will have millions and millions of active users, you will stop listening to direct feedback too. It is impossible to do listen every one of us. That's why the user research. And the goal isn't to listen to an individual, but gain some insights, what do a lot of people want. Get some direction. And how much time a small feature takes is irrelevant to the subject.

And that's what Pulse is, a user-research tool.

kujiji1 and kob965432 like this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Very good I hope this is easy

6. sahilobhalerao

sahilobhalerao

Hey i use unity pulse but they cant give survey

7. cosmochristo

cosmochristo

"Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams?"
    Yes I have some things I would like to talk about directly. I have done a few surveys and looked for a way to provide some feedback on a subject of concern to me and there is no place (on pulse) for me to do so. It appears Unity are only interested in discussions/subjects raised Unity staff. Can you provide a direct link to where we can raise (non bug) issues of our own concern, respectfully, i.e. without going straight to public forums?

8. dm_bond

dm_bond

cosmochristo likes this.
  9. Donutask

Donutask

I heard rewards... then realized there are literally not even enough points available to get any.

10. cosmochristo

cosmochristo

11. GoGoGadget

GoGoGadget

Credit where credit is due, even with an online survey platform Unity still manage to release it in classic fashion, unfinished with a few null references/placeholders popping up here or there! Looking forward to when there are actually surveys/discussions on the platform to provide feedback in.

12. krupps

krupps

Was this completely abandoned?

13. No, I have an active Pulse profile and I get a new questionnaire 1x-2x every month, on average.

14. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

You still get them? I don't think I've gotten single one this year.. wondering if they abandoned this thing or just didn't like my answers :D

Edit: Just looked it up and last survey I saw was from November

15. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

I got two this year, but I guess there is some selection system in the background indeed.

16. rakutenz

rakutenz

Thanks!

17. Sahilraje

Sahilraje

I didn't get access on unity pulse community, they are saying be an active member

18. Mj-Kkaya

Mj-Kkaya

@ksahsi What is the "active member" or who can be?

19. TheOtherMonarch

TheOtherMonarch

Unity pulse was a community polling incitive. However, they have not had new polls in about a year and they also revamped the site into an empty container. Unity pulse is dead. They are probably going to reuse the name for something else in the future.

Ryiah, a17714375388 and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  20. LightStriker

LightStriker

Problem is they never actually cared about those feedback. It's a PR things. Ask for feedback, discard everything that doesn't follow what you already been thinking. Most of Pulse polls were not about features, usability, etc, but about how Unity could make more profit.

Lurking-Ninja and Ryiah like this.
  21. Murgilod

Murgilod

I remember when they rolled out a poll about NFTs and... yeah. Almost every time I answered a poll hoping they'd ask about pain points in workflows, it was rarely, if ever about that. I remember when they also rolled out a poll that was asking us to name their new AI toolset.

The only good thing about Pulse was that I got a new graphics tablet off Amazon with the gift cards I got.

22. adamgolden

adamgolden

I also earned a couple of gift cards - and unlike those "get paid for doing surveys" scams, this was legit and it wasn't hard to rack up enough points to redeem for one. Thanks, Unity! :)