Search Unity

Unity John Lemon’s Haunted Jaunt: 3d Beginner Official Thread

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by katwoolley, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Fil04

Fil04

Hello,

Im new to unity with a little bit of experience in C++ and python

Im encountering an error where none of my endings are triggered, not the GameEnding gameObject or the gargoyles are recognising that I've been in there capsule collider. I haven't got to the ghosts yet but I got feeling that they wont work either, my code is a carbon copy of the tutorial so it is probably something in the inspector but I have no clue..

I'm using Unity 2019.1.14f1 Personal if you need that and I've just finished Enemies, Part 1: Static Observers

Thank you for any help...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    DRY1994 likes this.
  2. Burrito-Bob

Burrito-Bob

Thanks for this very nice tutorial.

I am stuck at Enemies, Part 1, at the last step. Unity keeps saying:

"Assets\Scripts\Observer.cs(33,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Raycasthit' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

I doublechecked the scripts for typos, but found None so far.

Can anybody help please?

Thanks.

Found the typo: 'RaycastHit', not 'Raycasthit'

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  3. studio-3D

studio-3D

I've gotten up to Enemies Part 2, but I'm now getting an error ALL COMPILER ERRORS MUST BE FIXED BEFORE ENTERING PLAYMODE. Of course, I have no idea where to find the error. The last script said no errors, but there was no FINAL one to use/check. Any idea what I might do now (download completed?) thanks

4. victorluccas

victorluccas

I feel like the second problem can't be fixed for some reason, but i would really like to understand why this is happening. Maybe weird interaction with physics?

5. Ethanbuxton

Ethanbuxton

Did you find out how to solve??

6. Harbinger-Czar

Harbinger-Czar

I'm having an issue where my PointOfView objects aren't moving with the ghost objects. How do I fix this?

7. Valjuin

Valjuin

Did you drag the PointOfView Prefab onto the Ghost GameObject?
    upload_2019-9-16_18-9-57.png