Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

JobTempAlloc problem in empty projects on 2018.3.0b1 to b5

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by imblue4d, Oct 12, 2018.

1. imblue4d

imblue4d

I have a problem with all the beta builds of unity 2018.3

If i start a new project, make a build of it, run it, and press play, it will crash.
    This is visible when turning on windowed mode: a window appears for only a fraction of a second, and if windowed mode is off then nothing changes/appears..
    When looking at the task manager the build's process is always up and running, in another test I made earlier, ambient sound (AudioSource in the scene) was playing.

I had this issue no matter which setting I played with in player settings, I tried unloading all packages imported to the project, and even updating my NVIDIA drivers (from 398.36 to 416.16).
    Below there is a screenshot of the output log of the last build (made in 2018.3.0b5).

Realize that in b1 to b4 I have never seen "WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard' - Pass 'META' has no vertex shader" in the output (this could also be related to the NVIDIA driver update as I have done it some days before beta 5 came out).

Attached Files:

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

As Peter suggested, please submit a bug report for this issue.

4. imblue4d

imblue4d

Peter77 and LeonhardP like this.
  5. angelsophia1

angelsophia1

Have you solved the problem? I met the same problem like you.
    If i start a new project, make a build of it, run it, and press play, it will crash.
    Please let me know the solution ! Thank you soooooo much!

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

We were not able to reproduce the issue reported by @ANFADEV. It would be great if you could submit a bug report for this problem with the project attached.

7. angelsophia1

angelsophia1

I have submitted a bug report for this problem.(Case 1108272)
    I set up a new project and send it to you.
    You can use this project to build and run to see if you would have the same problem with me.
    I also find something strange in build settings and make a screenshot.
    Please check the following picture.
    The deleted no name scene always appear when setting up a new project using Unity 2018.3.0b12.
    Maybe it could be part of the cause for this problem.
    I will wait for your reply. Thank you so much!
    upload_2018-12-10_19-6-54.png

8. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

This could be an instance of this issue: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1097444/
    We have a fix for this in the pipeline. Will probably be in the next release.