Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Job list sort, explicit read tracking, flagging/starring

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by AngryAnt, Nov 11, 2016.

1. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

Filtering the job list is quite useful, but I would really appreciate a sort option as well - at minimum the ability to sort by posting age.

Additionally, tracking of already-read/new-or-edited postings would be useful - with the ability to "mark all read" and selectively "mark as unread".

Finally flagging/starring would complete the browsing setup as fully useful.

Malicjusz likes this.
  2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Do you not skip tasks or jobs that you're not into? That will move them out of the queue and will simplify you're browsing experience a lot.

We'll discuss sorting with the team.

3. Malicjusz

Malicjusz

I second this notion. I didn't even see the skip button, because it is only at the top job, while I usually scrolled through the list, eyeballing it. I'd also like a better categorization of jobs - skill lists in tags are bad and force me to think about all the possible tags one might use to describe a job I'm interested in (or otherwise). Maybe add a level of categorization? Gameplay programmer, engine programmer, concept artist, animator, UI artist etc etc. That way I can filter out jobs for VFX artists with ease without knowing all the tags.

4. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

Yea I also did not notice the skip button and similarly to @Malicjusz here, I wouldn't want to aggressively prune the list while just browsing.

The "skip" functionality is actually the reverse of how I like to work - I would rather keep the giant list to go through, but make it sortable and filterable, and then have a separate opt-in list with flagged/starred entries - as opposed to this current unfilterable list + opt-out setup.

Malicjusz likes this.