Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Job list sort, explicit read tracking, flagging/starring

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by AngryAnt, Nov 11, 2016.

1. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

Filtering the job list is quite useful, but I would really appreciate a sort option as well - at minimum the ability to sort by posting age.

Additionally, tracking of already-read/new-or-edited postings would be useful - with the ability to "mark all read" and selectively "mark as unread".

Finally flagging/starring would complete the browsing setup as fully useful.

Malicjusz likes this.
  2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Do you not skip tasks or jobs that you're not into? That will move them out of the queue and will simplify you're browsing experience a lot.

We'll discuss sorting with the team.

3. Malicjusz

Malicjusz

I second this notion. I didn't even see the skip button, because it is only at the top job, while I usually scrolled through the list, eyeballing it. I'd also like a better categorization of jobs - skill lists in tags are bad and force me to think about all the possible tags one might use to describe a job I'm interested in (or otherwise). Maybe add a level of categorization? Gameplay programmer, engine programmer, concept artist, animator, UI artist etc etc. That way I can filter out jobs for VFX artists with ease without knowing all the tags.

4. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

Yea I also did not notice the skip button and similarly to @Malicjusz here, I wouldn't want to aggressively prune the list while just browsing.

The "skip" functionality is actually the reverse of how I like to work - I would rather keep the giant list to go through, but make it sortable and filterable, and then have a separate opt-in list with flagged/starred entries - as opposed to this current unfilterable list + opt-out setup.

Malicjusz likes this.