Search Unity

Jitter on bounce causing loss of bounce energy, no matter the friction setting

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by WilkinsMicawber, Dec 30, 2016.

1. WilkinsMicawber

WilkinsMicawber

I have a game in which a sphere-like capsule collider is attached to the end of a pole (capsule collider) via a configurable joint, and the pole is attached to a wall with a configurable joint. Positional movement is locked, while rotation is free for both the joint connecting the capsule to the rope, as well as the joint connecting the rope to the wall. The sphere-like capsule collider's rigidbody is limited to linear motion only. During certain collisions the capsule jitters off the wall instead of bouncing, and it loses almost all of its momentum. The rope has been set so that it cannot collide with either the wall or the capsule through physics layers. The same thing occurs when I replace the capsule collider with a sphere collider. I need all the bounces to maintain their original energy. The friction setting appears to make no difference.The bounce setting is on 1. Any clue what the problem could be?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016