Search Unity

[Solved] Jitter after moving to a position with AIThirdPersonController from Standard Assets

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by mrizzari, Sep 25, 2017.

1. mrizzari

mrizzari

Hi everybody,

I am playing with Unity for several months now and I always found fixes to my problem by searching the forums and/or googling but not this time... so, first question here ! I hope i won't miss details... :)

I imported the "Standard Assets" (1.1.3) from the asset store into my project running on Unity 5.5.2f1.

I created a scene with a plane. It is static and I baked the nav mesh.

I put an AIThirdPersonController from the standard asset to the scene.

There are several GameObjects with tag "Walkable" in my scene (only mesh renderers, no colliders) that represent positions on the plane where the character should stop.

I have a script attached to a GameObject. Whenever a mouse click from the player occurs, it finds the nearest "Walkable" GameObject and send its position to the character. The character moves to the given position.

It works as intended... but sometimes, when the character reaches the destination, it starts jittering and turn around itself for a few seconds.

It may happens at several positions in the scene... but is more frequent on one of them.

I really don't understand why it is doing that. And thinking about it, when I tested the ThirdPersonController in the past on another test project, I had similar issues when I was moving the character with the keyboard and/or the mouse.

Anyone has an idea about what could go wrong ? If I have to provide more details or a video of the issue, I can do that.

Thanks for your help.

Mirko

2. mrizzari

mrizzari

Guess what... it works now ! :D

I simply updated to the latest stable Unity version : 2017.1.1f1

I reloaded the project and no more jitter... :p