Search Unity

Jewel Match Framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kurayami88, Aug 30, 2013.

1. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I am sorry to ask for the feature "soon" in this kind of season.
    I more mean in the next 3 or 4 month, that would be soon for me.

Does it need a user profile!? I mean it more the way like if i have money i can buy/use these extras.
    I do not understand KIV!?

I wish you some nice days :)

2. kurayami88

kurayami88

perhaps u mean buy with real money... either way, you need a system to keep track of the currency...
    anyway, KIV = Keep In View...

3. NeoUnity

NeoUnity

I am studying Panel scripts.

1. In Board scripts, PanelHit PanelSplash functions do nothing for basic empty panel.
    - Why Empty panel has durability check?

2. In all Panel types scripts, allowsGravity, isStealable, isSolid return value is same boolean (isSolid has the opposite boolean)
    - What's the making the division?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  4. kurayami88

kurayami88

1. In Board scripts, PanelHit PanelSplash functions do nothing for basic empty panel.
    - Why Empty panel has durability check?
    I use the durability check for empty to notify how many slots are left to fill up for unfilled-board below the empty panels. That is how the gravity knows whether to let more pieces drop through or not.

2. In all Panel types scripts, allowsGravity, isStealable, isSolid return value is same boolean (isSolid has the opposite boolean)
    - What's the making the division?
    What do you mean? are you referring to why most are using the same boolean? well because that is the characteristics of the panel. It changes behaviour depending on which boolean is off/on ....
    I may not have explained it ( having comments on the code) on the actual panel script itself, but I know i explained the behaviour of each function return call in the "template" class.

5. kurayami88

kurayami88

conerning JMF-Pro's onPanelDestroy and onPanelCreate function...

it seems i had the idea going but forgot the implement it properly.... Whoops???
    sigh... for now I have to leave it broken... i'm busy this weekend and wont have time to fix it (it's already late friday here)

Sorry~!

6. kurayami88

kurayami88

UPDATE NOTICE FOR JMF PRO
    ========================

decided to burn a bit of midnight oil...
    i've revised the comment description of the panels as well as fixed the onCreate / onDestroy call for the panels...

to those i gave the link for v1.1.2b , you can use back the same link... it will now point to v1.1.3b
    to those who got JMF Pro from the asset store (now currently @ v1.1.2b) or are previous owners of JMF wishing to get the latest Pro version, you are welcome to request the unofficial update (though i might not reply immediately... as i mentioned, bz this weekend... will probably only reply @ night here)

7. NeoUnity

NeoUnity

Thank you for quick update.
    I have been studying the scripts (Now AM03:00)
    Good luck to you!!!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  8. NeoUnity

NeoUnity

My request for unofficial update is Teleport function as Candy Crush.
    I think that most people wish it and it is hard to realize.

Liquorice Swirl "piece"(as Cand Crush) is damaged by smash like JMF Frost Rock "panel".
    GameManger's splashFromHere() calls panelSplash(), I would wish to add new pieceSplash() on next update.

9. kurayami88

kurayami88

1) i didn't go as far as the teleport feature in CC to know how it works... perhaps a reference or a description if possible?

2) will KIV ... thinking of also adding the functions to panels which i did in pieces ( like onPlayerMove, onBoardSettle, etc ) just to give it more customisable and flexible

10. Dzxyan

Dzxyan

Active package during creation:
    Unity 4.3.1f1
    2D Toolkit v2.3.3
    LeanTween v1.1822

If wanna use your asset must have this kind of version of plugin?
    I didn't have 2D Toolkit v2.3.3 but i have in version v2.2.3
    So it cannot compability?
    Coz i have error when i import your asset into my Unity.

11. kurayami88

kurayami88

i would suspect it best to have the latest... i believe only 2D toolkit v2.3.0++ is compatible with unity 4.3 ... you do not need 2dtk v2.3.3.
    However, assuming you bought the asset, there should be no reason you cannot update your package ;) ...
    and if you didn't... then perhaps its time for you to consider getting it. ( or however your method of obtaining latest assets - i leave that to you...)

-------------------------
    other errors a typical new user may face is,
    1) downloaded LeanTween v2.0++ ( currently bugged version and not compatible with JMF - let them fix it and stick with v1 first )
    2) Did not put the LeanTween plugin folder in the appropriate place ( LTRect error commonly shown)

12. kurayami88

kurayami88

Do you mean this?
    http://candy-crush-saga.wikia.com/wiki/Teleporter

if yes, All I can say is that I can visualize how it works already and it seems possibly do-able with a bit of tinkering. All you need is some moderate coding and checking with my new custom panels feature in JMF Pro (only PRO can do this now as i'm so lazy to fix it up in BASIC due to code structure)
    it is based on an empty board box which just shifts the gem/piece to another location if that location requires a gem.

HOWEVER,
    At the moment, I can only think of creating individual panel-type for each pair teleporter/portal ... UNLESS also, I do not incorporate it into Board Layout and create a seperate script for it... hmm.... Do able too :twisted: ... then i can guarantee a pair as well as the extendability of the script

EDIT
    =========
    or make use of the durability feature to make the pairing system... OMG GENIUS!!!
    e.g.,
    Entry Durability 1 goes to exit Durability 1...
    Entry Durability 2 goes to exit Durability 2...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  13. NeoUnity

NeoUnity

1) Teleporters are used to transport candies and falling blockers from one area to another. There are two types of teleporters, which are dependent on each other. The blue circle is where candies and movable blockers go through and the pink circle is where they come out.
    (by http://candy-crush-saga.wikia.com/wiki/Teleporter)

2) We all cheer your passion. Thanks a lot.:D

14. Dzxyan

Dzxyan

I had update plugin already but i got error "Assets/2D Physics Puzzle Kit/Scripts/C#/LevelSelectButton.cs(8,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Sprite' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"
    It not about LeanTween and what is the problem?

15. kurayami88

kurayami88

uhh... excuse me but that error has nothing to do with JMF neither does it have to do with 2d Toolkit... please check your own project dependancies. "2D Physics Puzzle Kit" is not *i repeat* IS NOT part of JMF neither does it have to do with 2d Toolkit

16. Dzxyan

Dzxyan

Sorry about it, is my bad.
    I put wrong plugin in the files.

17. kurayami88

kurayami88

General Update for JMF Pro
    =====================

i've added more functions to the custom piece and panels script... including the piece "splashDamage()" function which is similar to the panel's version.

I've also fixed the piece's "onBoardStabilize()" call as it was hooked up wrongly... *geez... hopefully this is the last wrongly/forgotten hooked function*

-----
    thus v1.1.4b will be pushed to the store... (instead of v1.1.3b) ... those who has the backdoor link for 1.1.2b (which was then changed to 1.1.3b) is now updated to be v1.1.4b ... you can use back the same link... ( or request for the link from me).
    Thanks

P.S.>the teleport feature will be ready... when it is ready... when is that? no one knows....

18. NeoUnity

NeoUnity

I heartily thank you.
    The teleport feature... God Only knows.
    Your God bless you.

19. DDLDev

DDLDev

@kurayami88,

fantastic job, like always!

haha @NeoUnity :) teleport will be nice, i think if kurayami88 add the "remove the gelantine" feature from candy, i think there is nearly nothing important different between JMF and Candy

20. kurayami88

kurayami88

remove the geletine? u mean the chocolate n the choco factory?

21. DDLDev

DDLDev

22. kurayami88

kurayami88

23. DDLDev

DDLDev

SHAME ON
    you see, this happends when i not sleep enough! :-D
    SHAME OFF

24. NeoUnity

NeoUnity

Custom pieces and panels, fantastic!!!
    I suggest to customize the boardlayout.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9NKMH_U1DMc/Ua5G8BrQq2I/AAAAAAAAA2c/5ahzm9gYdfQ/s1600/photo+1.PNG
    It is "Jewel Mania" game. This level is dig-dug into the purple rocks. Now, eliminating 2 lines among 5 lines.
    1) At start, At bottom, visible lines are 2 lines at top of purple rocks(total 6 lines)
    2) When the mentioned visible lines are eliminated, All the pieces(+rest rocks) are moving up smoothly.
    At last, the upper 2 lines pieces are invisible the bottom has 2 new purple rocks
    3) Eliminating all the rocks(5 lines of total 6) at the Goal line, winning condition is true.

Then, I am faced with the problem boardlayout.
    I input boardWidth=8, boardHeight =14 . In playmode, the 2 lines (at the top bottom) are invisible.
    I don't know 2DTK Camera control dynamic scripts (for int y=? ; y< boarHeight+? ; y++)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  25. kurayami88

kurayami88

not something i understand and also not something along my direction... i'm sorry but you'll have to figure this 1 out yourself.

------------
    do you mean out of screen? that is what the board size is for... make a smaller board if you need to fit into your screen for bigger boards...
    ** board size... different from board width/height...

26. NeoUnity

NeoUnity

Please review the attached html. This is the Bejeweled 3
    (Mode : Diamond Mine, especially time 00:56~01:00)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFT6Z0-9FUI

27. kurayami88

kurayami88

it's a game mode i do not intend to add to JMF at the present moment. but as far as i can tell, the logic would imply that you assign all GamePiece y = y+1 , whereby y > boardHeight = destroyed... and y= 0 new random rock formation... you do not need insane board height to do this, just a continuous loop cycle of shifting pieces up perpetually...

28. NeoUnity

NeoUnity

I'm sorry my poor English ability.
    I have intended to arrange my own special pieces among rocks (not consist of all rocks)
    Therefore I need to insane board height add more lines out of screen.
    Okay, As you mentioned, I'll try it. Thank you. Merry Christmas:)

29. MRProproduction1

MRProproduction1

hey ok so i got this to work but when try on mobile it just crashes so can you make video on how to make it work on mobile

30. kurayami88

kurayami88

never had any issues with mobile... just build the unity project to the appropriate platform export. nothing special/out-of-the-ordinary needs to be done... perhaps explain a bit more on your issue?

31. kurayami88

kurayami88

Just want to wish Merry Christmas n' a Happy New Year to all JMF users ~! :)
    Thanks for your support ~!

32. rickcollette

rickcollette

merry christmas!!!!!

33. kurayami88

kurayami88

IMPORTANT NOTICE
    ================

I have recieved report that JMF will start to lag the longer you stay in the game. This could take within like 1 minute to several minutes for the lag to be noticeably horrible.

I've tested it out and it turns out to be true... and a quick search led me to this..
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/210543-4-3-Standalone-Builds-Really-Poor-Performance

i'm sure if you did more digging you will find more related stuff but i didnt as this is prove that 4.3 has performance issues...
    As for now, I will attempt to revert back all JMF versions to at least 4.2.2 and upgrading your individual projects will be at your own discretion.
    *** Sorry for the bad news? *though it has nothing to do with JMF in general =\ ***

-----------------

** extra note **

converted it back to 4.2.2 ... buttery smooth again *purr purr*
    Phone Memory usage of JMF using unity 4.3.1 ( ~68mb just loaded main menu, 80mb++ playing)
    Phone Memory usage of JMF using unity 4.2.2 ( ~54-58mb throughout)... sweeetzz~~~

mehhh... there are a few codes unity 3.5.x doesn't have... mostly is the ".setActive()" and "[Range x]" which JMF uses for certain things...( like the num of types slider )
    I can do a version check for unity 3.5.x and compensate... but mehh... lazy...

------------
    UPDATE

Unity 4.3.2 (latest) seems ok for now... still have some high memory usage though.... like i said... usage at own discretion

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  34. NeoUnity

NeoUnity

Is it right that JMF video(v3.0.2 / time line 14:30~) says 3d model pieces(example:dragon) occur many draw calls.

35. kurayami88

kurayami88

as far as i know, yes it does....unless you managed to find one with low draw calls...
    perhaps others might have a better clue...

36. kurayami88

kurayami88

Happy "Early" New Year :)
    best wishes to you...
    here's my gift?
    http://goo.gl/cofAhU

------
    **EDIT**

I'll only pass it out unofficially on/after Monday... want a stress-free weekend first and have other stuff on my to-do list...

** as well as making sure everything is set and not buggy buggy when i release it

37. NeoUnity

NeoUnity

Oh My God
    This is the awesome gift of the year.
    Thank you for your gift(i'm lost for words)
    -EDIT-
    Such a good job must have worn you out.

38. rickcollette

rickcollette

any chance of that in PM or email? :)
    after today, of course :) (Just read the "EDIT" to your post..)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  39. DDLDev

DDLDev

you are a fantastic!

i would be happy to help with testing!

cheers

40. kurayami88

kurayami88

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT
    ========================

It's the final day of 2013....

Hope you have a great year as tomorrow is a new dawn~ :)

I am please to announce that my gift is ready for release ( JMF v1.2.0 ) Yey~! If you want it early, please do request for it (with proof of purchase for newbies)

http://youtu.be/6sahV7baL1I <-- portal panel tutorial video

Happy New Year :)

41. NeoUnity

NeoUnity

Great Update, Thank you for your gift :)

Wishing you joy and prosperity for the new year

Happy New Year :)

42. DDLDev

DDLDev

nice kurayami88!

perfect timing to add the portal!

now i can use the portal to reach a lot of parties today :)

good rush!

Cheers

DDLDev

43. NeoUnity

NeoUnity

Today the daily sale is "Pool Manager", $30->$15. I have no skill with the pool system.
    By any chance, Would i ask for answer which applies to JMF.
    (Side Note: "Easy Objects Pool" / $2 / 1.3MB)

44. kurayami88

kurayami88

nice to know :D ...
    PoolManager is very easy to use...my current unreleased built have a section in the script i commented-out for poolManager ver vs non-PoolManager version...
    I will release the codes in the future for those who wants to use poolManager :)

** p.s.> i have gone though lots of hits and misses with poolmanager and implementing it yourself is not advisable; as there are scripts and settings to reset in JMF since poolManager recycles the gameObjects.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  45. AlphaGTR

AlphaGTR

Another vote for PoolManager - the extra $30 is well worth it.

46. NeoUnity

NeoUnity

I have just bought PoolManager.
    Then, Another vote for PoolManager :)

47. kurayami88

kurayami88

JMF PRO Update
    ============

Hi,
    I made a (1 line) code mistake (while code optimizing) in JMF Pro v1.2.0 which will make the "no more moves - reset" clear the entire board instead of resetting it in place.
    I would advice those who got v1.2.0 to get my new package. Sorry...

-------

On the other hand... the new JMFP (i'll just call it this from now on), as i was saying... JMFP v1.2.1 now comes bundled with the new LeanTween v2.031 so that users no need to fumble with LeanTween, as well as... FULLY INTEGRATED PoolManager 5... that right... you heard me... it's FULLY integrated which means, if you have PoolManager 5, import it, and flip the switch, everything will be pooled instantly...

if you want to know what i mean, watch this video~!
    http://youtu.be/Pynt7qGqH9s

48. isacan

isacan

Hello,
    Thanks for daily update :)

How can landscape to portrait ? Do you have any example?

49. ercu

ercu

Great package. I'm user of pro, but when all the panels are "empty panel" i get "no move moves" on the screen when i start the game. what may be the cause? Is there a bug, where to look at to fix?

50. kurayami88

kurayami88

watch this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBEw56fEHZ8
    ** p.s.> sorry for the poor sound, i was sickly on the day of recording...

all are empty... i think that would be obviously the cause of no more moves as there are definitely no moves to be made...