Search Unity

Jewel Match Framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kurayami88, Aug 30, 2013.

1. kurayami88

kurayami88

errr.... i just realized i forgot to change/update the title on the "main menu" scene. In my haste i never changed it to v3.0.3 ... it still sez v3.0.1. (the changelog is updated though).

sorry! it's gonna look weird in the asset store :p ... but i'm just gonna let it slide out into unityQA and hope they dont reject the package just because of that error *prays~!*

2. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Hi,
    is this working fine on iOS?

Thanks

3. kurayami88

kurayami88

it's working fine for android PC and webplayer... i have not tested IOS personally but there are users who have and working fine.... not sure if i dare say that it works on all platforms?

4. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Ok thanks :)

5. rickcollette

rickcollette

Has anyone tried linking an explosion animation to each "gem" prefab? It would be cool to make the gem itself explode into particles that look like the gem rather than the generic puff of smoke or whatever anim you've attached...

6. rickcollette

rickcollette

evidently.. i killed the thread.
    :D

7. kurayami88

kurayami88

lolx... i did not at least... coz i cannot focus on cool effects yet when my main engine is still incomplete ( i got other plans for it)
    you will then need to modify the script to have a explosion prefab for each type... or... hmm....a generic explosion of which you change the texture during match-mades according to gem type...but how will you get the texture...sigh...not familiar with 2dtoolkit to get the sprite and convert to texture yet ....

8. rickcollette

rickcollette

Yeah - I'm good at derailing the development teams :) I'll figure it out.. the real issue is keeping it tight so the draws don't overload the system.. I ran a test on a piece of poop cony droid tablet, and with my anims, it gets slow..

9. kurayami88

kurayami88

shuriken particles should not cause more than 1 additional draw call or so... because shuriken particles are dynamically batched

10. rickcollette

rickcollette

I'm still digging through trying to figure out what I'm doing thats slowing it down.. its nothing at all to do with JMF - thats is certain :)

11. kurayami88

kurayami88

my bad... shuriken particle does do dynamic batching... however, super-mega-excessive amounts of particles may lead to some not being batched.

i was trying to re-do my logic which lead to a bug causing rainbow burst being infinitely called... from there i can confirm there is a limit to its dynamic batching :p

12. rickcollette

rickcollette

HA!

like running
    Code (csharp):
    1. :(){ :|: };:
    in a bash shell...

13. rickcollette

rickcollette

Does anyone know of a way to automatically generate a border around the board?

14. kurayami88

kurayami88

nope... not at the moment

15. VectorNector

VectorNector

I can only think of using a solid sprite as a background and position it behind the board.

16. rickcollette

rickcollette

ok - how about this one: Any ideas on lining up the background tiles so that they do not display a gap? It *seems* like its the camera angle, at least that is the behavior. I tried different sized tiles, which did not work - did not hurt either.

$gaps.png

17. kurayami88

kurayami88

not entirely sure... never had it so obvious before. ohhh... wanted to test a theory which i think i did before... and then perhaps forgotten about it amidst other bugfixes... try this... in GameManager script, under the InitializeGame() function... look for this code snippet... and change accordingly

Code (csharp):
    1. //      // loop to create the board with blocks
    2.         //
    4.         // for the board width size
    5.         for( int x = 0; x < boardWidth; x++) {
    6.             // for the board height size
    7.             for( int y = 0; y < boardHeight; y++) {
    8.                 // create board centralized to the game object in unity
    9.                 Vector3 pos = new Vector3( x - (boardWidth/2f) + 0.5f, y -(boardHeight/2f) + 0.5f, 0);
    10.                 board[x,y] = new Board(this, new int[2]{x,y}, pos*size ) ;
    11.                 //place a cube here to start with...
    12.                 board[x,y].createObject(ranType());
    13.             }
    14.         }
    change the selected to...
    Vector3 pos = new Vector3( x - (boardWidth/2.0f) + 0.5f, y -(boardHeight/2.0f) + 0.5f, 0);

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  18. rickcollette

rickcollette

This seems to have helped a bit; it isn't as noticeable now, but still there.. I'll screw with this section of code a bit and see what I get out of it.

19. kurayami88

kurayami88

any results?

20. kurayami88

kurayami88

Hi,

in 2dtoolkit atlas manager.... in the settings tab for the atlas... remember in my video i asked to set the 'filter mode' to "trilinear" ?? change it back to point (along with the fix above... ) .... as for the "aniso level", doesn't seem to affect it so setting it to the max '9' is ok :)

------

your other textures may start to look jagged...if needed, make two seperate atlases for your panels (that needs point filtering) and another atlas for good looking textures with trilinear filtering :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  21. juan_mejias

juan_mejias

Hello. Not shown previews of the prefab in the project editor, or the default prefab or new ones created.

This is due to 2DTK? .... A new version of Unity? .... or is it something that only happens to me?

Thank you.

22. kurayami88

kurayami88

2dtk has no new version i know of... it's latest version is 2.3.0 ... unity also has no new version i know of... unity v4.3
    guessing something u did or your project is corrupted

23. juan_mejias

juan_mejias

$captura.jpg

Attached is a screenshot of a new clean project. And no prefab preview.

this is normal?

I remember that before the previews looked, but I'm not sure.

If I duplicate an existing prefab to make a new piece, it does not generate preview.

My versions are:

Unity 4.3.0f4
    JMF 3.0.3
    2DTK 2.3.0
    LeanTween 1.17

$captura.jpg

24. juan_mejias

juan_mejias

25. kurayami88

kurayami88

oh that.... yea... i think this is a 2dtoolkit bug or some sort...
    try selecting all ( or just 1 if u like) change the 'tk 2d sprite' to something else like slice sprite n then back to normal sprite (or which ever you like to use) ....

it has something to do with the mesh perhaps... u see the mesh is none, but 2dtoolkit generates its own mesh. so by swapping the sprite type, you will call 2dtoolkit to generate a new mesh... (i think)

26. juan_mejias

juan_mejias

27. kurayami88

kurayami88

Hi unitizens...

it's been quite awhile i know... I have been working on a new framework design... one which is more flexible of which coders may easily adopt and customize the board panels as well as the pieces. It is very close to public release and will be released as BETA. (i believe the rainbow piece is a bit bugged when i ported it over)

as with the upgrade feature, i will soon convert the current JMF in the asset store to something like JMF Pro, and make a new release of the current 'JMF Basic' for users that does not require such functionality. Thus current users will automatically be upgraded to the pro package.

====

thats for the news flash... there are some minor improvements/bug-fix in the current JMF i would like to release for those who may be interested... if you are already very far down the line on your development, you may opt to contact me personally for the simple changes...

this is the changelog for JMF update... very minor...

v3.0.4
    -------------------------
    * upgrade to Unity 4.3 compatibility

* IMPROVED - PieceTracker to tracker based on board relative size (was fixed size before this)

* bugfixes :-
    # new special gems do not affect panels below it (e.g. shaded will not get hit)
    # fix Pop specials at end - was unable to pop some pieces due to panel restrictions. Now fixed

28. juan_mejias

juan_mejias

Great news. Thanks for the update.

There will be a progress map of levels of the game? ... My intention is that in my game the points system is 3 stars, and that they appear in the map, showing your best score stored for each completed phase, as in the candy crush.

His development work with regard to map of levels will follow the same system?

Thanks

29. kurayami88

kurayami88

Update progress for those who are interested in the JMF pro
    ------------------

simple treasure piece feature has been added and tested working. It will spawn by % chance (specified by you), num of treasure to collect, maximum treasure appear on board at a given time. treasure will be destroyed when reach "bottom" of board (depending on gravity direction). Default collect all treasure = game over condition has been specified.

However, i'm adding other required features as I go along
    e.g., during a board reset, pieces can be defined not to be resetted to normal piece again (for treasure piece very important)

as well as logical implementation,
    e.g., "bottom" means board position '0'. HOWEVER, if '0'is not reachable (maybe it's an empty panel) then the treasure will not dissapear/reach-goal ... i'm thinking of adding a check to verify that "bottom" = no more possible board box to move to. and such a check requires time to figure out a good coding logic to overcome this problem.

The process of stability and bug testing is a tedious one and requires many hours of game play. I want to ensure a stable version before public release.

Thank you for your interest and patience. Sorry for the delay

30. rickcollette

rickcollette

------------------

Ugh.. ok.. so do current owners of JMF get any sort of discount on "pro"?

31. kurayami88

kurayami88

hopefully unity will allow upgrade for free...currently do not wish to charge extra for current users...

32. kurayami88

kurayami88

~BAD NEWS~
    =================
    I was going to post out an unofficial release of JMF Pro today. Tested all I needed... have a few standing known-bugs. And was about to push out a demo webplayer release at the same time. and then.... POOF~! ... compile error...

after days of slaving on a logic system that worked... Unity will not let me compile the script outside of unity itself... DO'H !!!!!!! *because I technically cheated on some referencing that only works within Unity.

----------

in the end i will need to rewrite a new logic system that is not platform dependent. So close yet so far... Very sorry for the delay...sigh sigh sigh...

33. rickcollette

rickcollette

sadness - but we have faith in ya :) So far; everything has been awesome - great work!

34. kurayami88

kurayami88

http://goo.gl/cofAhU <- webplayer for JMF PRO...:twisted:

like i said, still in Beta ...
    Known Issues :-
    "sometimes" the identity of the piece is wrong - which causes strange occurence like rainbow popping for no reason. or trophies able to switch with other special pieces and still considered a valid move.

I will need to check that the idendity of the piece is updated correctly even after a lot of piece destructions.
    who wants to test-drive the new JMF are welcome to do so (aka ask for it :p)... I will start posting the JMF pro into the asset store as of today :)

=======
    currently included in JMF pro release is the basic JMF v3.0.4 with the minor bug-fix as posted earlier too....

35. juan_mejias

juan_mejias

great job, thanks!

Leave a web test my project "Furry Balls", if you're curious to see what I'm doing with your code. This is a test of the "RED GEM" look and to test changes and effects of special gems. All other gems are irrelevant, are proxies without design yet (work is in progress). It is also a test of "rocks" and panels with 2 levels coup, condition the game win. I hope you like it, greetings.

The web link:
    http://www.estudio3d.com/pruebas/unity/furryballs/

36. kurayami88

kurayami88

OOoooo... i love the animations :) ... feels very modern unlike my lame package >.<

37. juan_mejias

juan_mejias

Thank you. For animations used some libraries of toon fx assetstore with some customization of particles and elements of my own 3d render facts relating to the game. My idea is that everything else in my game , gemstones , settings and even the UI are 3D renders. For now it is a test to see the stability that would have on android devices, and is likely to be necessary to remove many elements of the particle animations .

For now Samsung Galaxy S4 a run perfect, but on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 takes place some lag when there are many animations at once.

If you are interested I used some of the Cartoon FX 1 and 2 for particle animations. If you do not know , you can do interesting things with them and are very customizable .

To me your package animations seem perfect for your function, simple and descriptive , perfect for work as customize them .

And his overall package is fantastic, it just gets better and gives more possibilities without having to modify the code . At least for now I have not felt the need to change .

I'm sure the PRO version will be a very great job .

38. rickcollette

rickcollette

I found the exact same issue - S4 works great, crappy 10" tablet running a single 1ghz processor and ICS gets really laggy, the new nexus tab looks great.. this is due to my overuse of the animations from the cartoon fx packs you mentioned..

The JMF - works GREAT.

39. kurayami88

kurayami88

~News Update~
    ====================

JMF Pro known bug has been rectified ( bug - able to swap pieces (typically those new special pieces) that should not been able to swap). So far initial testing confirms that this bug no longer exist. Though there might be other bugs still hidding.

As of current, JMF Pro has no outstanding known bugs and requires a lot more stress test to confirm stability.

-------

on other news,
    a user has pointed out a critical event-related bug in JMF Basic. The bug ONLY occurs when you setup a blockade of wall (e.g., rock panels / ice panels - rock works better as it is not destroyed easily) on the second lowest level of your board.
    e.g.

O O O O O O <-- pieces @ y = 2
    W W W W W W <-- wall blockade @ y = 1
    O O O O O O <-- pieces @ bottom of the board AKA y = 0

and what might the bug be? index out of bounds =,=" ... i only did the bounds check after the initial loop and not during the first loop itself. Thus that is why it ONLY occurs at this bottom level. There is a simple fix for it and those who has not touched anything in GameManager script are advise to update. Thanks :)

I will patch it along to JMF Pro as well as to the current JMF to be JMF v3.0.41. Or should i name it v3.0.5? lolx... i dun feel it fair to increase a minor version number for 1 measley bug >.<

40. rickcollette

rickcollette

Woot! How does one go about getting jmf pro? :)

41. kurayami88

kurayami88

ask :eek:?

42. VectorNector

VectorNector

I can confirm it's pretty sweet. I'll report any crazy bugs.

43. VectorNector

VectorNector

Hell yeah. Current users should have access to the pro version. I still have to rip apart the new code base. When you're free, can you show us in a video what's new with the build? No rush.

Thank you!

44. scritchy

scritchy

Hi there. just picked up JMF Pro.
    I'm getting this null ref:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    LeanTween.cancel (Int32 uniqueId) (at Assets/LeanTween/Plugins/LeanTween.cs:1590)
    LeanTween.cancel (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject, Int32 id) (at Assets/LeanTween/Plugins/LeanTween.cs:1570)
    Board.applyTweening (Single dropSpeed) (at Assets/JMF PRO/Scripts/area 51/Game Manager related/Board.cs:245)
    GameManager+<switchPositions>c__IteratorD.MoveNext () (at Assets/JMF PRO/Scripts/area 51/Game Manager related/GameManager.cs:1096)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    GameManager:draggedFromHere(Int32[], SwitchedWith) (at Assets/JMF PRO/Scripts/area 51/Game Manager related/GameManager.cs:1077)
    PieceTracker:Update() (at Assets/JMF PRO/Scripts/area 51/Game Manager related/PieceTracker.cs:33)

This happens 100% if you check both "eliminate pre-start match" and "delayed gravity"

Only got this about 2 hours ago, so I don't understand yet how the pieces fit together enough to know how to solve this safely on my own.

45. kurayami88

kurayami88

@scritchy, I have contacted you via PM. Please check your inbox thanks.

-------------

As scitchy has mentioned indirectly... JMF Pro is out~! Yey~! ... The package listing is still a bit messy and similar to JMF Basic. I would have thought updating the asset info is instant. BUT NO!!! still needs unity approval *dam!*.. will need to wait again.

However, I have a new JMF PRO version v1,1,0b which has something most people had wished for too... the ability to...
    set special gems in board layout! <--- hidden msg :p
    those interested can request for it... *if u qualify for pro that is :twisted: ...
    as i've mentioned before, all previous JMF users have been updated to Pro @ no extra charge. If you really like it I accept donations ;)
    btw, just a side note... i specifically remembered only giving out pro ( backstage ) to about 3-5 people... yet the link had generated 15 clicks. *wonder wonder*

46. kurayami88

kurayami88

~GENERAL WARNING~
    ====================

the new LeanTween package v2.01 is throwing errors in my package. Do not upgrade LeanTween for JMF~!... if you require a fall back LeanTween version,
    http://goo.gl/FFBruq <-- LeanTween v1.822 i think...

I will check if i need to update JMF due to this issue or it is LeanTween's problem. Thanks.

------------------
    NOTE : LeanTween has a fallback v1 script located in their plugins folder too... simply replace the script with those located in the zip file.

UPDATE: error has been fixed by including 1 extra line spacing within the code... *weird but works*... the fix will be pushed out in the next revision.
    RE-UPDATE : no... still causes errors from other calls.... refrain from getting LeanTween v2

SIDE NOTE :-
    JMF PRO Known Bug :-
    Rainbow + Star combination has a bugged behaviour whereby the Rainbow does not dissapear after merging and cannot be swapped with... However, it can be triggered externally ( bomb; arrows) and it will pop again.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  47. kurayami88

kurayami88

LeanTween creator just confirmed the bug with v2.01 and will be releasing the fix to the asset store soon.
    meanwhile, the fix is available via their github.

hopefully it is fixed-fixed not i-think-it's-fixed...

48. kurayami88

kurayami88

~ Good News UPDATE ~
    ===========

JMF PRO introduction video is now available. http://youtu.be/oPxuurE6Udg
    JMF PRO asset is now updated to v1.1.2b which includes more guides and notes to help customise JMF PRO. I wanted to take it out of beta as it is now ready and hopefully bug-free. But i'll, leave it 1 version extra beta just to be cautious :p

if you were a beta user of JMF PRO, asset store user v1.0.0b (inclusive of senior JMF users), please update to this new package. it has many bug fixes you need.

------
    side note: as you know, previous JMF asset store has been upgraded to JMF PRO for free... if needed, please revise your rating/comments towards JMF Pro... thanks :)

49. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Will you add something like a shop system to the pro version soon?
    Would like to see some possebilities to buy 5 extra moves or to place a special one to a place i wish on the board as a player with i.e. ingame currency. I mean not the ingame currenzy system itself but a solution if i have money in the game to spend it on some extras.

50. kurayami88

kurayami88

a very heavy feature of which a proper system needs to be established. By then, a user profile is also needed.
    Will KIV.... I plan to take the rest of the year off as it is close to holiday season.