Search Unity

Bug Jetbrains Rider error "Advanced Unity Integration is unavailable" Unity 2022.3.3f1

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by swishchee, Sep 12, 2023.

1. swishchee

swishchee

I am getting the following error using Rider: Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 12.54.05 PM.png

In my Package Manager:
    upload_2023-9-12_12-58-59.png

In my Unity settings:
    upload_2023-9-12_12-55-22.png

So, what's up? I'm fulfilling all of the requirements stated in the error, yet the error persists. Obviously, my project-specific syntax highlighting and references are nonexistent.

This is not the case for other unity projects.

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

I get this complaint every now and then when launching Rider and gotten used to ignore it.

I think if you let Rider finish its background tasks scanning all the project files it should go away.

3. swishchee

swishchee

The above did not work for me, with the references continuing to be missing. The only way it solved itself for me was to go to Unity preferences -> external tools -> check every box having to do with packages -> "Regenerate project files".

After doing this, all of the code ended up working for me, and I no longer got the "advanced unity integration" warnings. This is not something I've had to do previously, so I'm not sure what's going on this time.

4. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Wrong forum. I'll move your thread.