Search Unity

Jetbrains Rider - a mini dairy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hippocoder, Mar 9, 2018.

1. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

The refactor features mostly

2. frosted

frosted

Such as? (Honest question, not trying to argue)

3. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

It's mostly improvements on the existing features.

4. BitsAtPlayDev

BitsAtPlayDev

Recently gave Rider a 30-day trail and wound up buying it before the trail period was up.

Feature wise, there's a lot of overlap with VS, but for me, the deciding factors were:

1) Identical, cross-platform UI. I jump between MacOS and Windows, so I love that the UI looks exactly the same on both platforms. This was the main reason.

2) Unity Plug-In. I love that when I save a file, Rider immediately pings Unity to start compiling the code. It was always a pet-peeve of mine having to switch from my editor, back to Unity before it would start to compile. On average, it may only be shaving a second or two off the edit-compile-test cycle (which is still nice), but there are plenty of times I save a file and when I do eventually switch back to Unity everything is already compiled and I just need to hit play. :)

5. lolclol

lolclol

jetbrain rider's intellesense, auto completion not working with unity 2018.2.5f1, using latest version of rider though which is 2018.2 i believe. :(

6. Teila

Teila

My programmers love it!

7. lolclol

lolclol

Finally able to fix the intellesense and auto completion , working buttery smooth. :D

8. jnbbender

jnbbender

Is there a plan to roll out as a free version?