Search Unity

Jet Slalom Remake[WIP]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by kingcharizard, Jan 15, 2012.

1. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

Here is a remake of one of my favorite arcade games growing up. It's not quite finished but Its just about there, should be done by tomorrow. well I hope you enjoy!

http://rpgkingdom.com/arcaderemakes/jetslalom/

Below I've included links to the scripts used in this game, both in UnityScript and C# as Unity Packages, these scripts are not optimized since I am the only one who was working on the project they are written in a way i am comfortable with.

C# Scripts

UnityScript

Please post your feedback on how you think I did or what i could improve.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

Updated, the game is just about complete... just a few more things need to be done...

my High Score is 23300 Can you beat it?

3. Chris Aoki

Chris Aoki

Not sure if it's just me, but every time I click on the link it asks me to install the unity web player and restart my browser. Then when I click on the link again it asks me to install it again, weird.

4. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

it did that to me on chrome. but on firefox it worked fine.. i'll check out what's its deal and get back to you

5. Chris Aoki

Chris Aoki

I was using chrome as well, so it's obviously a problem with that browser.

6. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

Ok it is fixed. Also included the scripts i made so people can see the route i took to complete this game, Also i'll be adding some finishing touches to the game then polishing it off to make it more modern...

7. HolBol

HolBol

It's good, but as well as infinite depth flying forwards, there should not be invisible borders on the sides. It broke the game, for me.

8. MRico

MRico

Good job dude! One thing I noticed, you won't die if you don't press right or left when the game loads. You'll just go right through the cones.

9. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

Yeah i noticed that too. I'll have to fix that.

Their isn't boarders on the sides its position.x is clamped because I haven't figured how to make it seem endless in the x direction yet.

10. nickavv

nickavv

You should have the left and right movement dampen back to 0 along with the camera angle, rather than snap back to 0. It would make it feel more like the linked original. Nice work so far though!

And I can only get 7000-some, d'oh!

11. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

Well this game has been updated with the sky changing color the longer you play. I'm pretty sure i am gonna discontinue this project as i see no farther reason to continue working on it.

maybe i could work out the few bugs and what not I'll decide n let everybody know if i do

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012