Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Jerusalem City In "I Am Jesus Christ" Game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Simula-M, May 30, 2020.

1. Simula-M

Simula-M

We are happy to present showcase of Jerusalem City which we did during last couple months for our upcoming game "I Am Jesus Christ". It will be great to hear your opinions on it.

Official Steam's Page

Youtube Channel

2. unitedone3D

unitedone3D

Dear appsmoment, just a 2 cents.

It is an incredible reconstruction of the city, very faithful; or if not entirely faithful, (no matter), it definitely has lots of quality and historical feeling to it that makes it ancient/antiquity times around there. There is lots of attention to details with that middle eastern feeling (greek/roman-like pillars, plants, pots, hemisphere-top of doors, tables/food (the table were the disciples would eat with him)). Now, I understand this game is ''different'' if I could put this way (am christian) and thus touches a touchy subject; religion/atheism - is at the crossroad (because gamers are both atheists (mostly) but also of various religions, like christians; and this game is About the Christ and playing him in FPS point-of-view). Thus, I can understand that your game 'faced backlash' a bit and was not the cup of tea for everyone because of the depiction of him and living his life (yet...movies, paintings, books...talk about him...thus, why not a video game...I believe, it is because, the interaction element of using an important godly figure in an (interactive) media like a video game creates like a sort of ''how dare you (let me) play the christ - no one should play 'as him' nor 'simulate him/Christ Simulator' he is not a video game/character''...when I think we Should play as him; but for some people it comes out a slight bit crass (I'm not saying you are doing that..it just look like that for some people (mostly religious christian people/people who have faith; but, even, some atheists may think 'this is too much' and yes, some take it way too face value (when it Is a video game) but they may say the dev was disrespectful/offensive towards the religion (when I tthink you were not (and were respectful/nowhere in your game is he the evil or something), it's just for them 'depictiing him in a videogame setting' immediately equals offensive because he is serious/a religious element, not a videogame puppet). But, the presentation is so well made and you show the Chirst truly well and like the 30some magic spells (walking on water, feeding the poor, healing a old woman's eyes...etc), basicallyl like his feets in the holy book. Thus, it is less so a parody or satire but much more a 'in better light' depiction/portrayal of him and of the things he does (as you live his life). Thus, commendable/respectful/thoughtful (same thing with the disciples around the table all eating in unison), I think; you really wished to give him a Good spin and not simply joke/parody the whole thing of the religion - which, is something that people are free to do (at least in terms of free speech), but you chose to show more of what happens in the holey book and not make simple caricatures but take a slightly bit more realistic/serious tone (because I know some people may say : 'what is realistic about this game...nothing (i.e. he never 'existed' and the whole book is fiction realm)'. Thus, it is more the religious content that will be the challenge for your game (I am thinking you knew that long before...but you wished even so) when the audience play it - not the city or anything like that; these will be praised because they look historically accurate like a 3D Documentary about his life....but you get 'to play it/interactively' not simply watch it passively (it's why people have Less problem with him being shown in the book, movies or paintings...

because passive medias....games higher...are not passive but Active...you participate/you become the character and interact in the world you created - especially, VR...your game in VR would 'stir up' lots, but it could be a good thing; some people would rekindle their faith playing VR 'I Am Jesus Christ'...if it happened. And thus, your game can also (directly/indirectly) make some people become believers or 'want to know about the religion'...some people may think this game 'made me approach the (theological) subject' (in less hostility and more openness because it was decent and is basically a great historical representation)....the worse is possibly people saying : ''this game is showing him as caucasian (when he was a bit tanned/olivebrown medit/middle-eastern hebraic/aramaic person who spoke aramaic and hebrew) and this game tries to make money - from him/his story, when the devs themselves are atheists; blasphemous''. Yet, I believe you have All the right to do a game (as atheists or religious) about him in the book it says that even atheists matter/are important and they have their say too. I am making an ancient historical game too (an 'fantasy loosely-historical' FPS shooter set in Ancient Egypt and like your construction of the Jerusalem buildings; I am doing same and using like Egypt's Museum articles to make it feel real/natural...yet, obviously, everything in it is fake; so your game is facing that element - the fakeness/fantasy (do you believe in the christ...some people face that question; and a game depicting it makes you think that; like is he real/fake....). Walking on water, healing people, making food grow magically, that is stuff that is on the fake/real blurred thin line for many (and that is where faith/atheism/science/video games start/end). Sorry for the lengthy ramble (if Steam users are hard on you, do you best to ignore the most hard/can't please everyone; everyone offended these days. Your game is a video game and that's that (but for some, it's the portrayals/depictions of biblical elements that they think should never be depicted because that means it is then offensive towards it; when in your game, it is not the case at all; it's a very well made game with lots of effort/love - btw those hands of him are very 'handy'/you can sort of feel 'those magic hands' that will make miracles. It is better to not send this game to a congregation/religious group/nor the Vatican's people; they freak out to quickly; when many christians are like 'No...I'm not offended...there are tons of stuff in the book...Far More Evil...and worse (than a video game of JC)'').
    Thanks for reading,

Just a 2 cents.

Wishing Good Luck on your game!

3. Mkbat7

Mkbat7

The city looks very Good so far I did have a opinion on Jesus Look and flying pose. For Jesus look and skin color I met a man named Howard Storm. You can look him up on YouTube. He had a death experience and met Jesus and described to me how he looked. he said he was very tan skin like wwe the rocks skin color and he looks middle eastern. He drew a picture of him and this is how he saw him. My mother also saw Jesus appear in her room when she was a child and said to me Howard storms painting is very close to how she saw him in her room.

For the part where Jesus is floating in the game here are some more ideas because when looking at him in this game floating he looks almost like he his hanging as opposed to flying up. Its kind of funny and my two kids when they saw Jesus floating kind of laughed at it. I don't think it looks powerful when his arms are up that way. This should be looked into.

40x54-I-am-the-light-of-the-world-1024x786.jpg

4. Mkbat7

Mkbat7

5. Mkbat7

Mkbat7

Flying poses

6. Mkbat7

Mkbat7

I can see what there trying to do and make it look like he is a cross but it would look better if he is facing to the front and his arm a little more down and hands up.

7. Poroshoci

Poroshoci

I recently used Google Earth VR to fly to Vatican City, where I climbed up to a tall cross they put on a roof. They pretended to be crucified by spreading my arms out in front of me. I could hardly comprehend the pain of being genuinely nailed to the cross. It actually taught me something about the suffering that Christ would have experienced. I've seen many representations on firstchurchlove.com but experienced it for the first time. When I realized my feet weren't at the foot post, raising my arms even higher to touch the cross beam, which was incredibly painful.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022