Search Unity

Jenkins - Fastlane - Unity

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Nihil688, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Nihil688

Nihil688

Hey everyone, we've tried time and time again to implement a solution between Unity, Jenkins and Fastlane in order to upload new builds in the apple and google stores automatically but to no avail. There seems to be ways to connect Unity with Jenkins, Jenkins with Fastlane but no way ( at least we haven't found it yet ) for the 3 of them to work together. I've seen people who have managed to do it so it mustn't be impossible, like the maker @jerome-lacoste has in some posts I've seen.

Does anyone have any tutorials or any ways to integrate the 3 of them together?

2. Freaking-Pingo

Freaking-Pingo

I am currently in the process of integrating those three services. I am very close to having it up and running. I'll report back as soon as I got something.

matt_icejam and LiterallyJeff like this.
  3. Freaking-Pingo

Freaking-Pingo

Alright, so I finally got everything up and running. I currently have a complete build process that does the following:
    • Click on "Build" in Jenkins
    • Jenkins fetches the data from our Git repo
    • Unity is opened through batchmode and either builds an .apk or a xcode project depending on the platform.
    Next steps are platform dependent:

iOS build:
    • If the target build is for testflight, Fastlane starts to build using the gym command.
    • Fastlane executes the pilot command which does the uploading to Test flight.
    Android:
    • Fastlane runs the supply command in order to upload your .apk to Google Play.

My next steps is to implement integration testing. The setup was done using xcode 8, which yielded quiet a few problems in terms of fetching provisioning profiles. If there is interest for it, I could write up a quick tutorial on how to do this.

4. Nihil688

Nihil688

Nice one! We actually got it running for all platforms and we'll provide a tutorial probably in our blog in the next few weeks as next week we'll be testing the steps and reviewing the process

5. Freaking-Pingo

Freaking-Pingo

What Xcode version did you end up using? I had to struggle a bit getting Xcode 8 to work. I assume the implementation would have been easier with Xcode 7.x

6. Nihil688

Nihil688

The latest one =)

7. rain03

rain03

Does your build sequence include uploading changelogs as well?

8. ulasbilgen

ulasbilgen

Did you able to post your tutorial? We're planning to set up also, and a tutorial will be really helpful :)

9. adityakhatkhate

adityakhatkhate

Hi-

Do you have some documentation or blog around this process? Will appreciate some direction.

Thanks,
    Aditya

10. adityakhatkhate

adityakhatkhate

Hi -

I know this request has been made previously to one of the other forum member on this thread but have not received a response. I would like to make a request to you. if you can write up the quick tutorial on how you achieved this it would definitely be helpful.

All your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Aditya

11. Freaking-Pingo

Freaking-Pingo

I am sorry, this was some time ago and I don't think the server that handles the Jenkins instance is running anymore. I can't recall what I did at the point. I wish you the best of luck.