Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Jelly physics

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Sam Shiels, May 4, 2010.

1. Sam Shiels

Sam Shiels

Hey. I made some physics jelly blocks for fun and wanted to share it with everyone! Basically, they're cubes that have spring joints bound to each corner to the mesh.

A download is attached. Enjoy and feel free to use this in your project(s)!

Attached Files:

2. Caliber-Mengsk

Caliber-Mengsk

Interesting. It'd be kind of cool if there were a way to apply this to a mesh or something like that. Could make a convicing skin effect, (pushing in on skin and having it cave in with pressure) XD But that'd probably be a stretch. (XD No pun was intended, but it works as one I guess.)

3. Pulov

Pulov

at this point I'm in an pc with ubuntu and cant check it but looks interesting.

From what I see in the shot and what I do imagine it could be something simililar to the lattice moddifier in 3dmax, but in real time.

It might be usseful for defformating a car when crashing. Something I would be interested on :p

4. Ramen Sama

Ramen Sama

Yeah, i've seen this type of example before. But it does work.

5. edplane

edplane

Wow, it works? And ive been waiting for Unity to upgrade to the latest version of PhysX to support softbodies... silly me! :roll:

6. Sam Shiels

Sam Shiels

Yes it's that simple!

This is easy with other simple shapes, but not with complicated ones. We need to let PhysX deal with that. :p

Car and terrain deformation can be done purely through script. The procedural examples (on unity3d.com) include a terrain deformation script. :wink:

7. Wox

Wox

8. edplane

edplane

For complex shapes, I guess you could use a cloth simulator in like Cinema 4D, and use it as an animation... But still not dynamic... :(

9. GoldnGODGamer07

GoldnGODGamer07

Guys the jelly physics are not working anymore do u have a more up to date version

10. Daahrien

Daahrien

hey, I noticed the mesh is in .jas format, any love for this windows user? can you convert it to .fbx?