Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Jelly Garden Match 3 Complete Project + EDITOR (Forum)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Candy_Smith, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

jelly_forum_banner.png Hello friends, glad to see you here :).

My name is Anya. I'm one of developers to Best 2D Game Studio.
    Welcome to our forum dedicated to Jelly Garden Match 3 Complete Project + EDITOR.

A wonderful template to create the game of your dreams! Specially developed for you a very comfortable EDITOR. All what you need is a little imagination, everything else has thought of you. In the EDITOR, you can manage the monetization and levels design.

I've been going to create this section for communication with our dear customers and all those who wish to buy our game. Finally I found the time, and now I can answer you any questions publicly available. I believe this information will be of interest to everyone. So feel free to ask the questions and suggestions. I will be glad to hear, and to help everyone.

Thank you that you love and buy our games. We also love and appreciate you! ;)

P.S. If you bought the project and you need a support, please write us to email.
    We will support you only after you provide us your Order Number (invoice). Thank you for understanding!

Jelly Garden Asset -->
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/43260

Facebook --> https://www.facebook.com/info.candysmith/

Support email --> info@candy-smith.com

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  2. Almakos

Almakos

Hey guys,
    I've recently purchased this asset. It looks very good for the price, but I wanted to ask if you are planning on adding any features (like more colours?) in the future.
    Also how difficult it will be for me to add some sort of story mode (basically show some screens between levels) taking into account that I am new to scripting but know all other aspects of Unity quite well?
    Thank you

I am surprised that forum topic for such asset is empty.

3. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hello,
    Thank you for purchase :)

I created this forum topic a few weeks ago. This is very little time to fill it. Take my congratulation, you are the first. Welcome ;)

We haven't plan to do new features in near time. But if you will try to do it yourself and will have some questions, just write us by support email best2dgames@icloud.com. Our programmer can give you some advices.

4. Almakos

Almakos

Hey guys,
    I've checked coming soon features and they look amazing!
    Decision to make ads, etc. modular is the right one. As I've spent quite a lot of time making plug-ins to work and compile on my phone even though I do not need half of them.

Any ETA when 1.4 will be ready?
    Also please fix "Jelly Garder editor" text in the Window menu =)
    Please see the screenshot attached.

Sergey and Anna.
    Thank you guys for your hard work and decent support.

Attached Files:

5. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hi,
    Thank you for kind words :)

This update was ready. We are waiting an approve from Unity Reviewer Team. But if you want to get it right now, please write us by email best2dgames@icloud.com with indication your Order Number. And we will send this new update for you directly.
    Also thank you for your screenshot :) We will change it in next update.
    Regards, Anya D
    Best 2D Game Studio

6. Starcliffe

Starcliffe

Hello,

Looks like it will be a great template! I have a question.

I recently bought your Jelly Garden Match template and was able to clear all the warnings and notifications except for one that said:

Assets/JellyGarden/Scripts/Editor/LevelMakerEditor.cs(9,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `SceneManagement' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEditor'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

and linked to this line in MonoDevelop:
    using UnityEditor.SceneManagement;

I'm not sure what to do to make the error go away.

7. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hi, thank you for reached us and for your purchase. For decide this issue, you need to use Unity3D 5.3 or higher.

8. Starcliffe

Starcliffe

Thank you so much for your prompt response! I just needed to update to unity 5.3. I was so tired when I bought this, I didn't notice the version requirements.

Wonderful customer service so far! Looking forward to exploring the template and giving a review of it.

9. itspeter

itspeter

Hi All,

This Jelly Garden game doesn't store anything on the server. When player bought the gem, it's gone after uninstall app.

Recently, my have some game launch into iOS, and got rejected. It was saying game data and inventory will wipe after app uninstall, said dev did not have data backup in server and iOS is rejecting. Anyone facing such rejection from iOS?

10. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Thanks for your kind words and you are Welcome :)

11. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hi, thanks for purchase and your replay. For data storage, you need to use any server. We do not have a server, so we can't save data of all players who play games based on our engine.

Please let me know if you will have more questions.

12. Catsy99

Catsy99

Hi, for the data storage on server, I am new to all this. Can anyone advise how to implement the data storage on a server, and are there any server storage providers that offer this service?

13. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hi, please chek this https://backendless.com/ This is one of services which can help you.

14. numabus

numabus

How to use 'rate' for each platform?

I cannot find a way to make it works.

This is your example string.

market://details?q=pname:com.mycopmany.myapp/

Just replace bundle Identifier(=com.mycopmany.myapp)?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  15. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hi.

Yes, just replace it.

16. karmik

karmik

Has anyone created facebook app with this asset
    Can that be done

17. karmik

karmik

Hi there have you been able to solve your problem. Wanted to check before i buy this asset

18. hncuong

hncuong

Hi

Just bought your template, and I must say that "Wow, Good Quality" project.

Could you please add the feature of some guide before players start to play like this template:

It would be more fun to have players guided by showing some steps to explain how to play before each level start than just to have an info menu. You get the point when watching the above trailer.

However, wonderful project, and I must say that this project is high quality and I like it

Besides, I send you an email about someone leak your project on a forum, please check your email.

19. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hi,

Thanks for your warm words about our project :)

Yes, we have a plan to do a visual tutorial.

Also thank you for this email. We will try to do something with this...

20. kepouick

kepouick

Hi Anya, i have bought your project. It's very nice.

But I search how to create animate items, what's script name for get the list items ?
    I want to add more items for increase difficulty?

21. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hello. Thank you :)

Not sure what do you mean about "create animate items"?
    To get list of items use LevelManager.GetItems();
    About difficult we did not expect that someone need more than 6 colors. There is very difficult to pass it. So we not make an option to add more items.

Please let me know if you will have more questions.

Best regards,
    Anya

22. kepouick

kepouick

I would like create animated game object , I want modify the " item" scrip, I think I need modify the Sprite array called items , and I need change the sprRenderer to gameObject , I m on the right way ?

23. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hello,
    I found a great tutorial for you about Sprites Animations. I think it will be very helpful. Please look at this: https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/2d-roguelike-tutorial/player-and-enemy-animations

You don't need to change items array and sprRenderer.

24. kepouick

kepouick

It's ok for me , i have change the prefab item in resource directory, I added an animator , and changed the item script for select the animation , thx for the tuto it will be used for an another developer !

25. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Good :)
    Please let me know if yo will have more questions.

Best regards,
    Anya

26. arashrajaei

arashrajaei

Hi,

Is it possible to manage in app purchases via Soomla ? as I want to use template for a local market and it's architecture just works with soomla

27. PeterP-123

PeterP-123

Hello Mr. developer, here is an error what I'm getting.

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Background.OnEnable () (at Assets/JellyGarden/Scripts/GUI/Background.cs:13)
    2. UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive(Boolean)
    3. LevelManager:EnableMap(Boolean) (at Assets/JellyGarden/Scripts/LevelManager.cs:387)
    4. LevelManager:prepareGame() (at Assets/JellyGarden/Scripts/LevelManager.cs:538)
    5. LevelManager:set_gameStatus(GameState) (at Assets/JellyGarden/Scripts/LevelManager.cs:249)
    6. AnimationManager:play() (at Assets/JellyGarden/Scripts/GUI/AnimationManager.cs:382)
    7. UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Jellygarden code 1.5
    Unity version: 5.3.3f1

I want to create 101 level, added map_background_06.png, extended LevelsMap bounds size, using five background images (Textures\backgrounds).

Followed your instructional video

Attached Files:

28. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hello,

We previously used Soomla for this project. It was good. But Unity in-apps more comfortable for us.

29. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hello,
    Just expand backgrounds array to 6 and add your new game background or use the same. Background changes every 20 levels.

Attached Files:

30. Almakos

Almakos

Hey Anna,
    I've found couple bugs which kind of ruin the match 3 experience at times and I hope that Sergey can address them:

1) Sometimes bonus candy is not being spawned properly. Most likely this happens when two bonus candies should be spawned at the same time and directional (horizontal/vertical) bonus is involved.
    You can see how it looks on the video I've recorded.
    Please follow This Dropbox Link and run disappearing_candy_bug.mp4
    Let me know if you do not understand what I mean.

2) Having too many possible combinations sometimes causes game to freeze on device or chug in the editor. For example if to use largest grid possible and only 3 colours to play with. Please see the frozen.mp4 for the details. (interesting part starts at 0:20)

3) Editor has some null refs after clicking on level editor tabs, etc.
    There is a video editor_bug.mp4 for your convenience

4) The way ingredients mechanic is built makes it impossible to design a passable level while using time limit.
    For example I have set timer to be 3:00 minutes and need to collect 5 banana ingredients and 5 cherries. What will happen is that I can be playing for a minute or two and not a single ingredient will spawn on the board.
    And during 5 minutes of gameplay (with 3 minutes timer) I will be able to spot only 3-5 ingredients out of 10.
    Once again there is a video for your convenience called timer_vs_ingredients.mp4

Thank you and congratulations on releasing Juicy Fresh Match3! I hope we will see it soon on the asset store as well =)

31. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hi,

Thank you for this detail report and your hard work for creating this :)
    It's very important for development our project.

I adressed it to Sergey. He will fix it as soon as it possible! Wait new update.

Thank you!!!

Almakos likes this.
  32. hncuong

hncuong

Hi Anna

Could you please update Jelly Garden with 3 new features: Leaderboard, Friends on map, visual tutorial like Juicy Fresh have?

33. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hello,

Thanks for your question. In near time, we have a plan to do a visual tutorial only.

hncuong likes this.
  34. PeterP-123

PeterP-123

How In-Apps purchases scripts should be setup? I have both scripts missing in inspector.

Attached Files:

35. Almakos

Almakos

I've managed to set up mine through Unity Services (Window => Services).
    There is a google docs manual accessible through the LevelMakerEditor => In-apps => Help
    Those game objects you've mentioned also have missing scripts in my case but in-apps are working

36. PeterP-123

PeterP-123

@Almakos Thank you. I needed to know that they should have missing scripts.

37. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hello,
    Please delete both these objects. They are not usable. We will fix it in new update.
    Thank you for notification

38. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hello @Almakos,
    Thanks for your help :)

P.S. We don't forgot about your request. We are preparing a new update.

Almakos likes this.
  39. Almakos

Almakos

Hey guys,
    another question...
    Is it possible in the future update to make Item elements as prefabs instead of specific sprites.
    Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 4.58.45 PM.png
    This will open some nice possibilities to modify how pieces look. For example make them animated sprites, or even use 3D objects.
    Currently everything is linked to a specific sprite and specific texture name which is very limiting.

Thank you!

40. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hello,
    I can't promise but we will think about it.

Thanks for idea.

41. Almakos

Almakos

Hey guys,
    One more little bug found:
    - sometimes items will overlay on top of each other if diagonal movement is involved
    Please follow This Dropbox Link and look for a file called items_overlap_bug.mp4
    On around 0:12 second there is visible issue, two items draw on top of each. Same issue happens on 0:33 and 1:04
    As you can see it's quite frequent

Also another very important thing i wanted to ask you about:
    Is it possible not to select the last unlocked level every time?
    Because imagine I have 200 levels and I want to replay level 5 to get all three stars. Every time I have to scroll down from level 200 to level 5 which is very annoying

Thank you

42. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hi @Almakos,

We are prepering a new big update for Jelly Garden. About your issues:

1. We already fixed overlapping bug, but not upload it yet.
    2. We going to do it.
    Thank you!

Almakos likes this.
  43. UDN_79714411-fbb4-4580-884c-173f336e37d6

UDN_79714411-fbb4-4580-884c-173f336e37d6

Hi, great game template. In my office, my boss bought us the template and asked for re-skinning and integrate ads. We successfully re-skinned the game. but, unfortunately the ads are not showing. We changed the unity ad id,chartboost id, admob id and facebook app id. We are doing this for android. However, when playing game in the physical device, ads don't show and in the in app purchase mode, 'watch video' to earn gems is not working. And moreover, sometimes, the watch video button dissapears.
    We just changed the necessary id fields. did not changed anything else.
    Can you help us with that?

jelly garden version:1.5
    unity version: 5.3.4

44. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hello,
    Please write us by support email best2dgames@icloud.com with an indication of your Order Numbers. For help I need more details. We will happy to help you dirrectly.

Thank you!

45. Almakos

Almakos

Hey, it's me again.
    I've seen bug like this couple times before, but on one particular level it's happening rather often.
    Basically random items spawn logic is not so random as it seems.
    Please check this video for details
    Nothing suspicious in the logs
    Hope there is a way to make new items spawn mechanics a bit more random
    Thanks

46. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hello,
    Thank you again!

We are really appreciate your help in development of this project. It is very important to us. Your help is invaluable! We will fix this bug in a new big update. We hard work on it.

For your help we want to give you some gift :) Please write us by support email best2dgames@icloud.com And let me know here about this email. Or leave your email here, we will contact you.

Thank you :)

47. Almakos

Almakos

Ha ha, you got me )))
    Email sent out of curiosity ;P
    Cheers

48. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Yeah, please check your email :)

Almakos likes this.
  49. Candy_Smith

Candy_Smith

Hi @Almakos and everyone here :)

We have a good news - new update with many fixes is alive on Unity Asset Store. Please check it and let us know if you will find some new bugs.

Thank you!

Almakos likes this.
  50. Almakos

Almakos

I should say it's been an amazing update so far!
    Most of the logic issues I've been having are now gone. Yay :)
    What's really unexpected is that performance on mobile is so much better now as well.
    Thank you, guys!

However there are still some outstanding issues (sorted by importance):

a) game behaves unpredictably when at the end of the level are several (3 and more) multicoloured items left (those rainbow bombs which destroy all items of same colour). this often leads for game to get stuck on the phone. Basically music is still playing, items are stuck in free fall like on the screenshot. IMG_9253.PNG
    ...and app is leaking memory (1mb/sec) in Xcode. This stuck stance is caused not only by multicoloured items but also when there are lots of items being destroyed on screen.
    b) last opened level is still the highest priority. so if 100 levels unlocked and I want to replay level #1, I have to scroll all the way down from #100 to #1 every time.
    c) blocks are still getting stuck one on top of another (I've attached level where it's easy to repro, try to switch upper items first)
    d) after I selected boost on pre play screen I cannot deselect it unless I cancel and re-start level
    e) three multicoloured items (rainbow candies) disappear if positioned three in same line (check attached zipped video).
    f) map is scrollable on device even with GUI overlay on top. So I am on pre play screen but I still can scroll map at the background
    g) When refilling lives if I have 10 lives out of 15 and pay to refill I don't get notification that lives been refilled. If I have 0 lives left and then refill, then notification works

Here are also some suggestions which I believe would make this asset even better:
    1) Add ability to have several soundtracks for levels? Either choose randomly from list of tracks or per mode. For example "Time limit" levels would have more dynamic soundtrack while "Moves limit" more calm and soothing
    2) When sharing on Facebook include information like Level number, score achieved and whether any boosts been used.
    It might look like:
    "Hey, I've completed level #33 in Game Name with score - 1000 and used 0 boosts! Dare to beat my record?"
    3) Ability to disable between level ADs with in-app purchase
    4) Ability to replay level without going back to map screen

In any case I am very happy with this asset. My game is almost ready to publish (just boosts left to re-skin). I'll share it with you guys when ready! ;)
    Cheers!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    GeekCats likes this.