Search Unity

JDK, SDK and NDK missing

Discussion in 'Android' started by sreerajwebros, Mar 11, 2020.

1. sreerajwebros

sreerajwebros

I have installed latest unity version ( 2019.3.4f1) with android module. But in preference-> External tools its says JDK , SDK and NDK missing.

How to solve this? error.png hub.png

2. at_

at_

When installing the android module, make sure to select the SDK, NDK and JDK options separately. Even if you tick the top level Android Build Support module for installation, these options stay unselected.

upload_2020-3-11_12-21-43.png

Harry0945 and YellowHexagon like this.
  3. sreerajwebros

sreerajwebros

No. I have ticked that also. I'm 100% sure about it

4. at_

at_

Have you looked at their installation directories to confirm they actually exist?

JuliusM likes this.
  5. sreerajwebros

sreerajwebros

I checked that. directories not there.

6. at_

at_

That's weird. Have you tried uninstalling that Unity version including the modules, then reinstalling them? Seems like the simplest thing to try for now.

7. farooqawan35

farooqawan35

I'm also facing this issue, it seems like unity Hub doesn't download proper things... you should download Modules Manually.

8. farooqawan35

farooqawan35

Your Unity and modules working Good ? if yes then please compress the file and share with us!
    Waiting for your Response!

a436t4ataf likes this.
  9. sreerajwebros

sreerajwebros

I have uninstalled all versions, then reinstall again. Now its working.

10. Cuicui_Studios

Cuicui_Studios

Had a similar problem here. Installed, everything fine. Built, everything fine. Tried to build again (without shutting down Unity Editor or anything, just two plain consecutive builds) and everything shows as missing (sdk, ndk, jdk).
    It happened with 2019.4.1f1, 2019.4.12f1 and 2019.4.8f1 (shouldn't those versions be stable?). Uninstalled and reinstalled, keeps happening. Simply cannot build twice. It would be funny if it wasn't happening at work.

11. Cuicui_Studios

Cuicui_Studios

Quote here from another thread that may be useful:

So... no. Using the Hub isn't useful.
    Up to a few months ago we had been using 2019.4.8f1 without any problem. We had a problem with a package (those terrible Firebase packages) that broke Unity Editor, so we uninstalled it and installed it back. From that moment, trying to do anything has been a complete nightmare. Up to the point in which there's no possibility of building an apk from an empty project on a fresh install.
    Evidence here (recorded this morning):

Since the warning said domething about Tools version 25, I set the Android minimum api level to 25 (just in case) and tried building again.
    Now it says that the SDK cannot be found.
    View attachment 782035
    Unity Hub 2.4.2
    Unity Editor v2019.4.8f1
    Fresh install from hub (with all android modules)
    Empty project.

MissingSDKTools.PNG

[Edit] I did check that the installation created the SDK and NDK folders. It seems Unity Editor has a problem updating its tools, but I don't know how to solve that.

[Update] So I checked those SDK and NDK folders to see if they looked like the ones from the Android Studio ones and... there was one .bat missing: sdkmanager.bat

sdkManager.PNG

On the left, there's the Unity SDK folder as installed from Hub. On the right, Android Studio same folder with the sdkmanager.bat. I was dumb enough to take the screenshot after copying the file from right to left.

I copied that sdkmanager.bat from Android Studio to Unity's SDK folder and at least it started building. It now spits a 'repositories.cfg could not be loaded' error.

[Update 2] Every time I close and open Unity Editor again, the sdkmanager.bat disappears...

12. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

In your video, it can be seen that Unity is not capable of updating SDK in Program Files, since that requires elevated privileges. Long story short, when Unity 2019.4.8f1 was released, Android SDK was already updated on google's side, Unity detects that and tries to update it, but at that time Unity was not able to modify files in Program Files without administrative permissions.

In https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/2019.4.15, there was an improvement in this area

Android: Enabled Unity perform Android SDK update with elevated privileges on Windows. Previously if Android SDK/NDK would be installed in folder like Program Files, Unity wouldn't be able to update Android SDK. With new behavior user will be prompted with a dialog where Unity will ask - if it can run sdkmanager.bat with elevated privileges.

Try installing Unity 2019.4.15 or higher and see if it helps with your issue.

Cuicui_Studios likes this.
  13. Cuicui_Studios

Cuicui_Studios

Ok, I'll try with 2019.4.15 and let you guys know. Thanks @Tomas1856
    Also, this gets popped out too often.
    ErrorInstallingHub.PNG

[Update] Yeah... After trying to install 2019.4.15 from Hub (with a lot of errors), I got to the very same point. No JDK, SDK nor NDK.
    So I uninstalled everything (again), gave administrator permission to Unity Hub, and installed recomended version from Hub, ie 2019.4.18 with full Android modules. Threw installation error 3 times, so I went in one step at a time: first just the editor, then the Android module (no submodules), then the JDK submodule and finally the SDK and NDK submodule (the 3 GB one). Everything installed successfully without any error. I opened one project and Editor said all three SDK, NDK and JDK were fine. So I went to build the empty project and... same error!!!
    BuildError.PNG
    Right now, Unity is not usable. At all. I mean, what can I do? I'm seriously asking. Will opening a support ticket do anything? We were developing our apps without any problem. Right now we are a few weeks from launch date and cannot build!?!?

[Update 2] Uninstalled everything, icluding Android Studio. Reinstalled. Unity shows that SKD installed from Hub cannot be found.
    NoSDKManager.PNG
    Upon building, the message shows there's no SDKmanager.bat
    So, Cloud build has managed to build the apk (up to this point, I don't even want to know how, I'm just happy it did) which, so far, saves us. Still, we cannot build from editor. There's no way we can work like that.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  14. brocksprogram

brocksprogram

It took me a really long time to get Unity installed in the first place. I couldn't install it from Unity HUB. The download kept getting corrupted or just not working. I was excited when I found out about the LTS version on the Unity archives. I was finally able to get Unity version 2019.4.17f1. But then my joy turned to grief when it told me I was missing JDK, SDK, and NDK. I'm in the same boat.

15. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Sorry to hear you're having rough experience, if I understand correctly, something on your system keeps deleting sdkmanager.bat ? Do you by any chance have antivirus installed, can you exclude the Unity folder and see if it helps?

Alternatively, you see sdkmanager showing an error, open CMD with Administrator and execute the command line manually

Code (CSharp):
    1. <...>\sdkmanger.bat --list
    Also according to google, you seem to have set JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS in your environment variables, if that's the case, can you remove that variable, restart Unity and try again.

16. Cuicui_Studios

Cuicui_Studios

First of all, thanks again @Tomas1856 for answering.

Ok, went to check and there's no JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS environment variable. Is it weird? I've never set that variable up.

Thanks, man. Once I read this I thought that perhaps the Windows Defender might be deleting some files (there's something to be blamed for this, why not Defender?).
    So I excluded the Unity folder on Defender. I uninstalled every Unity Editor and reinstalled latest recommended LTS version from Hub (with admin permission) which is 2019.4.18f1. I installed it one step at a time again, just in case. Checked wether the SDK folder existed and the sdkmanager.bat was created. Everything looked fine. Opened the empty project and... JDK, SDK and NDK references seemed fine.
    BUT
    Got the warning saying that the SDK Tools could not be found and one error stating that repositories.cfg could not be found. Went to check and found out (again) that the sdkmanager.bat that had been installed previously (when installing v2019.4.18f1) got deleted upon opening Unity Editor (again). So, there is something deleting that file on Unity Editor start up.
    Since there's something also deleting the repositories.cfg, I closed Unity Editor, created the empty repositories.cfg file and reopened Unity Editor. Error was gone, repositories.cfg file was still in its place, sdkmanager.bat still missing and so the warning was still there. So I closed Unity Editor, copied sdkmanager.bat from the Android Studio SDK installation to the Unity Editor SDK folder and reopened Unity Editor. No error, no warning and Preferences showed that NDK, SDK and JDK were fine. Went on to build (the empty project) and... it built!!!
    Ok, excitement at its highest point. Closed Unity Editor (without touching anything after successful build) and reopened it (without doing anything else)... And this happend:
    JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS01.PNG
    Went to check in again and yes, sdkmanager.bat is missing. Something is deleting sdkmanager.bat during Unity Editor loading process. But it seems it only happens after I build an apk (I haven't checked yet, but I believe it'll also happen when resolving dependencies or any other android sdk related stuff).
    This needs to be addressed.

I'll try this temporary fix on our app project (with 2019.4.8f1 editor) to see if it allows us to build the apk.

Ok, this one is interesting. I did and got an error:
    SDKmanager_list.PNG
    I think this may be related to a Java update a couple weeks ago, because I started looking for the error and I got some answers (this one, or this other too) relating that problem to different versions of Java beyond Java 8.
    I updated Java a few weeks ago:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. java 14.0.1 2020-04-14
    2. Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 14.0.1+7)
    3. Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0.1+7, mixed mode, sharing)
    Perhaps this has something to do with all this madness.

So, still a lot of work to do here. I'll keep you updated.

17. Gasaking

Gasaking

i have a similar problem then i had to go and download manually they all worked expect the sdk it is telling me the version needed is sdk 21.3
    how can i fix this

18. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Are you talking about NDK ? that one is needed only if you use Unity 2021, you should install it via HUB

19. Gasaking

Gasaking

i tried downloding unity 2021 via hub then 2018 now 2019 but non are working
    all from the hub

20. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Did you select SDK, NDK in Hub along with Android?

21. kevinbaconten

kevinbaconten

Hello there, I have installed unity 2021 via the hub, and as I remembered I have selected SDK and NDK with android but still not working. Message pop-up needs SDK version 21.3.

22. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Could you copy paste the screenshot of Preferences->External Tools windows, curious about your SDK/NDK settings. Also could you attach screenshot about dialog requesting 21.3 version?

23. newsams2

newsams2

Installing SDK and NDK from the HUB fails for me
    I managed to download the sdk and extract in the recommended location, but can't find the required version for NDK to do that manually.

upload_2021-5-22_20-53-36.png

24. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Why not install recommended NDK via Unity HUB? It has the correct version

25. newsams2

newsams2

As mentioned in the post above, it fails, it downloads and throws an error saying something went wrong.

By the way, I managed to get that version manually too.
    Now I am struggling with SDK.
    This has taking me so far 3 days

It was fixed as per the picture above, the way I did it was through installing Android studio, and getting it to install the SDK in Unity folder.
    But later I used one of Unity install helper tools which deleted everything I did, so doing it all again, now Android studio is failing on some parts of installing the SDK, and when it works, Unity still not happy with the version.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  26. newsams2

newsams2

Just managed to fix all errors.
    You guys have to look into the issue with Unity Hub, lots of posts online about the issue

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  27. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

I see, the Hub has log directory and Report Bug button on the right top corner, it might help identifying the issue.

Thanks!

28. optimise

optimise

Recently latest Unity 2020.3.9 breaks again. No NDK is found even u already install it. I guess Unity side build pipeline needs to write test for this to make sure this will never break.

upload_2021-5-24_11-22-38.png

upload_2021-5-24_11-23-27.png

29. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Please report a bug via HUB, there's a separate team which is handling these cases. Also, check the logs, maybe they'll contains something useful. Thanks !

optimise likes this.
  30. Cuicui_Studios

Cuicui_Studios

So,
    It's been happening again. This time out of nowhere. We were inside Play Mode, testing our app, went to check some docs online and when we came back to Unity editor we found the error:
    upload_2021-6-4_11-16-12.png

Went to check the directory and sdkmanager.bat was gone. For good. Man, same old stuff. The previous times that happened was because we were trying to resolve dependencies after adding some unitypackages. This time we hadn't added any package in over a month and everything was working properly. We weren't even making code changes! We were in play mode!!
    What is going on? Why does this keep happening?
    We're using Unity v2020.3.8f1, fresh install from Unity Hub (we stick to LTS, just in case).
    Everything required for Android build installed from Unity Hub and linked in the project.

upload_2021-6-4_11-28-29.png
    This is way beyond frustrating. Any ideas why this keeps happening?

31. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Is it possible that you have an antivirus which is deleting that file?

32. Cuicui_Studios

Cuicui_Studios

Thanks for answering.
    I only have Defender active on my computer so, while I google "how to check if Defender is deleting files on my computer", may we discuss why would it be deleting the sdkmanager.bat randomly? Why would an antivirus delete Unity's files? It does not delete the same files on Android Studio. They're on the same drive (C:\) and have administrator permissions.

33. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

bat files are like executables from antivirus perspective, I saw instances where they're being quarantined, but that's only a guess.

Unity definitely doesn't delete sdkmanager.bat, I am not sure why it should be gone. Might worth checking Recycle Bin, maybe it's not being deleted permanently.

Another guess, maybe when Android SDK is being updated, sdkmanager.bat is temporarily being deleted just to be replaced by a newer version, and maybe update process fails.

34. Slip_de_feu

Slip_de_feu

It works for me.

If you are facing problems with Unity Hub about installing "Unity 2020.3.11f1 / Unity 2021.1.11f1 and android modules (SDK, NDK, OpenJDK)", here's my solution :

1) Firstly, I would recommend to install "UnitySetup-Android-Support-for-Editor-2020.3.11f1.exe" to your Unity 2020.3.11f1's path or "UnitySetup-Android-Support-for-Editor-2021.1.11f1.exe" to your Unity 2021.1.11f1's path.
    You'll have a folder named "AndroidPlayer" in your path "{UNITY_PATH}\2020.3.11f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\" or "{UNITY_PATH}\2021.1.11f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\".

2) In your "AndroidPlayer" folder, decompress these 3 7z files : "Android_NDK_19.0.5232133.7z", "OpenJDK_1.8.0_152.7z", "Android_SDK.7z"

3) Run Unity 2020.3.11f1 / Unity 2021.1.11f1 and go to FILE > Build settings, click on "switch platform"

4) You can now build your android apps in Unity 2020.3.11f1 / Unity 2021.1.11f1

35. Cuicui_Studios

Cuicui_Studios

So... again.

This is just unbearable.

Now it deletes the sdkmanager.bat while entering and exiting play mode. I mean, It is unusable in any possible way.

So, as @Tomas1856 said,

It looks like the sdkmanager.bat IS being deleted while Android SDK is updated. Log shows this:

Uploading Crash Report
    CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to update Android SDK package list.
    C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.8f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat --list
    stderr[
    Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
    ]
    stdout[
    Loading package information...
    Loading local repository...
    [========= ] 25% Loading local repository...
    [========= ] 25% Fetch remote repository...
    [========= ] 25% Fetch remote repository...
    [========== ] 26% Fetch remote repository...
    [========== ] 27% Fetch remote repository...
    [=========== ] 28% Fetch remote repository...
    [=========== ] 29% Fetch remote repository...
    [=========== ] 29% Fetch remote repository...
    [============ ] 30% Fetch remote repository...
    [============ ] 31% Fetch remote repository...
    [============ ] 31% Fetch remote repository...
    [============ ] 32% Fetch remote repository...
    [============= ] 33% Fetch remote repository...
    [============= ] 33% Fetch remote repository...
    [============= ] 34% Fetch remote repository...
    [============= ] 35% Fetch remote repository...
    [============== ] 36% Fetch remote repository...
    [============== ] 36% Fetch remote repository...
    [============== ] 37% Fetch remote repository...
    [=============== ] 38% Fetch remote repository...
    [=============== ] 38% Fetch remote repository...
    [=============== ] 39% Fetch remote repository...
    [=============== ] 40% Fetch remote repository...
    [================ ] 40% Fetch remote repository...
    [================ ] 41% Fetch remote repository...
    [================ ] 42% Fetch remote repository...
    [==================== ] 51% Fetch remote repository...
    [======================= ] 58% Fetch remote repository...
    [======================= ] 58% Computing updates...
    [============================= ] 75% Computing updates...
    [============================= ] 75% Computing updates...
    [=======================================] 100% Computing updates...
    Installed packages:
    Path | Version | Description | Location
    ------- | ------- | ------- | -------
    build-tools;28.0.3 | 28.0.3 | Android SDK Build-Tools 28.0.3 | build-tools\28.0.3\
    platform-tools | 28.0.1 | Android SDK Platform-Tools 28.0.1 | platform-tools\
    platforms;android-29 | 5 | Android SDK Platform 29, rev 5 | platforms\android-29\
    tools | 26.1.1 | Android SDK Tools 26.1.1 | tools\
    Available Packages:
    Path | Version | Description
    ------- | ------- | -------
    add-ons;addon-google_apis-google-15 | 3 | Google APIs
    add-ons;addon-google_apis-google-16 | 4 | Google APIs
    add-ons;addon-google_apis-google-17 | 4 | Google APIs
    add-ons;addon-google_apis-google-18 | 4 | Google APIs
    add-ons;addon-google_apis-google-19 | 20 | Google APIs
    add-ons;addon-google_apis-google-21 | 1 | Google APIs
    add-ons;addon-google_apis-google-22 | 1 | Google APIs
    add-ons;addon-google_apis-google-23 | 1 | Google APIs
    add-ons;addon-google_apis-google-24 | 1 | Google APIs
    build-tools;19.1.0 | 19.1.0 | Android SDK Build-Tools 19.1
    build-tools;20.0.0 | 20.0.0 | Android SDK Build-Tools 20
    build-tools;21.1.2 | 21.1.2 | Android SDK Build-Tools 21.1.2
    build-tools;22.0.1 | 22.0.1 | Android SDK Build-Tools 22.0.1
    build-tools;23.0.1 | 23.0.1 | Android SDK Build-Tools 23.0.1
    build-tools;23.0.2 | 23.0.2 | Android SDK Build-Tools 23.0.2
    build-tools;23.0.3 | 23.0.3 | Android SDK Build-Tools 23.0.3
    build-tools;24.0.0 | 24.0.0 | Android SDK Build-Tools 24
    build-tools;24.0.1 | 24.0.1 | Android SDK Build-Tools 24.0.1
    build-tools;24.0.2 | 24.0.2 | Android SDK Build-Tools 24.0.2
    build-tools;24.0.3 | 24.0.3 | Android SDK Build-Tools 24.0.3
    build-tools;25.0.0 | 25.0.0 | Android SDK Build-Tools 25
    build-tools;25.0.1 | 25.0.1 | Android SDK Build-Tools 25.0.1
    build-tools;25.0.2 | 25.0.2 | Android SDK Build-Tools 25.0.2
    build-tools;25.0.3 | 25.0.3 | Android SDK Build-Tools 25.0.3
    build-tools;26.0.0 | 26.0.0 | Android SDK Build-Tools 26
    build-tools;26.0.1 | 26.0.1 | Android SDK Build-Tools 26.0.1
    build-tools;26.0.2 | 26.0.2 | Android SDK Build-Tools 26.0.2
    build-tools;26.0.3 | 26.0.3 | Android SDK Build-Tools 26.0.3
    build-tools;27.0.0 | 27.0.0 | Android SDK Build-Tools 27
    build-tools;27.0.1 | 27.0.1 | Android SDK Build-Tools 27.0.1
    build-tools;27.0.2 | 27.0.2 | Android SDK Build-Tools 27.0.2
    build-tools;27.0.3 | 27.0.3 | Android SDK Build-Tools 27.0.3
    build-tools;28.0.0 | 28.0.0 | Android SDK Build-Tools 28
    build-tools;28.0.1 | 28.0.1 | Android SDK Build-Tools 28.0.1
    build-tools;28.0.2 | 28.0.2 | Android SDK Build-Tools 28.0.2
    build-tools;28.0.3 | 28.0.3 | Android SDK Build-Tools 28.0.3
    build-tools;29.0.0 | 29.0.0 | Android SDK Build-Tools 29
    build-tools;29.0.1 | 29.0.1 | Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.1
    build-tools;29.0.2 | 29.0.2 | Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.2
    build-tools;29.0.3 | 29.0.3 | Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.3
    build-tools;30.0.0 | 30.0.0 | Android SDK Build-Tools 30
    build-tools;30.0.1 | 30.0.1 | Android SDK Build-Tools 30.0.1
    build-tools;30.0.2 | 30.0.2 | Android SDK Build-Tools 30.0.2
    build-tools;30.0.3 | 30.0.3 | Android SDK Build-Tools 30.0.3
    build-tools;31.0.0 | 31.0.0 | Android SDK Build-Tools 31
    cmake;3.10.2.4988404 | 3.10.2 | CMake 3.10.2.4988404
    cmake;3.18.1 | 3.18.1 | CMake 3.18.1
    cmake;3.6.4111459 | 3.6.4111459 | CMake 3.6.4111459
    cmdline-tools;1.0 | 1.0 | Android SDK Command-line Tools
    cmdline-tools;2.1 | 2.1 | Android SDK Command-line Tools
    cmdline-tools;3.0 | 3.0 | Android SDK Command-line Tools
    cmdline-tools;4.0 | 4.0 | Android SDK Command-line Tools
    cmdline-tools;5.0 | 5.0 | Android SDK Command-line Tools
    cmdline-tools;latest | 5.0 | Android SDK Command-line Tools (latest)
    emulator | 30.7.5 | Android Emulator
    extras;android;m2repository | 47.0.0 | Android Support Repository
    extras;google;Android_Emulator_Hypervisor_Driver | 1.7.0 | Android Emulator Hypervisor Driver for AMD Processors (installer)
    extras;google;auto | 1.1 | Android Auto Desktop Head Unit Emulator
    extras;google;google_play_services | 49 | Google Play services
    extras;google;instantapps | 1.9.0 | Google Play Instant Development SDK
    extras;google;m2repository | 58 | Google Repository
    extras;google;market_apk_expansion | 1 | Google Play APK Expansion library
    extras;google;market_licensing | 1 | Google Play Licensing Library
    extras;google;simulators | 1 | Android Auto API Simulators
    extras;google;usb_driver | 13 | Google USB Driver
    extras;google;webdriver | 2 | Google Web Driver
    extras;intel;Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager | 7.6.5 | Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM installer)
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout-solver;1.0.0 | 1 | Solver for ConstraintLayout 1.0.0
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout-solver;1.0.0-alpha4 | 1 | com.android.support.constraint:constraint-layout-solver:1.0.0-alpha4
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout-solver;1.0.0-alpha8 | 1 | Solver for ConstraintLayout 1.0.0-alpha8
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout-solver;1.0.0-beta1 | 1 | Solver for ConstraintLayout 1.0.0-beta1
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout-solver;1.0.0-beta2 | 1 | Solver for ConstraintLayout 1.0.0-beta2
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout-solver;1.0.0-beta3 | 1 | Solver for ConstraintLayout 1.0.0-beta3
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout-solver;1.0.0-beta4 | 1 | Solver for ConstraintLayout 1.0.0-beta4
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout-solver;1.0.0-beta5 | 1 | Solver for ConstraintLayout 1.0.0-beta5
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout-solver;1.0.1 | 1 | Solver for ConstraintLayout 1.0.1
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout-solver;1.0.2 | 1 | Solver for ConstraintLayout 1.0.2
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout;1.0.0 | 1 | ConstraintLayout for Android 1.0.0
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout;1.0.0-alpha4 | 1 | com.android.support.constraint:constraint-layout:1.0.0-alpha4
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout;1.0.0-alpha8 | 1 | ConstraintLayout for Android 1.0.0-alpha8
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout;1.0.0-beta1 | 1 | ConstraintLayout for Android 1.0.0-beta1
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout;1.0.0-beta2 | 1 | ConstraintLayout for Android 1.0.0-beta2
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout;1.0.0-beta3 | 1 | ConstraintLayout for Android 1.0.0-beta3
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout;1.0.0-beta4 | 1 | ConstraintLayout for Android 1.0.0-beta4
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout;1.0.0-beta5 | 1 | ConstraintLayout for Android 1.0.0-beta5
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout;1.0.1 | 1 | ConstraintLayout for Android 1.0.1
    extras;m2repository;com;android;support;constraint;constraint-layout;1.0.2 | 1 | ConstraintLayout for Android 1.0.2
    ndk-bundle | 22.1.7171670 | NDK
    ndk;16.1.4479499 | 16.1.4479499 | NDK (Side by side) 16.1.4479499
    ndk;17.2.4988734 | 17.2.4988734 | NDK (Side by side) 17.2.4988734
    ndk;18.1.5063045 | 18.1.5063045 | NDK (Side by side) 18.1.5063045
    ndk;19.2.5345600 | 19.2.5345600 | NDK (Side by side) 19.2.5345600
    ndk;20.0.5594570 | 20.0.5594570 | NDK (Side by side) 20.0.5594570
    ndk;20.1.5948944 | 20.1.5948944 | NDK (Side by side) 20.1.5948944
    ndk;21.0.6113669 | 21.0.6113669 | NDK (Side by side) 21.0.6113669
    ndk;21.1.6352462 | 21.1.6352462 | NDK (Side by side) 21.1.6352462
    ndk;21.2.6472646 | 21.2.6472646 | NDK (Side by side) 21.2.6472646
    ndk;21.3.6528147 | 21.3.6528147 | NDK (Side by side) 21.3.6528147
    ndk;21.4.7075529 | 21.4.7075529 | NDK (Side by side) 21.4.7075529
    ndk;22.0.7026061 | 22.0.7026061 | NDK (Side by side) 22.0.7026061
    ndk;22.1.7171670 | 22.1.7171670 | NDK (Side by side) 22.1.7171670
    patcher;v4 | 1 | SDK Patch Applier v4
    platform-tools | 31.0.3 | Android SDK Platform-Tools
    platforms;android-10 | 2 | Android SDK Platform 10
    platforms;android-11 | 2 | Android SDK Platform 11
    platforms;android-12 | 3 | Android SDK Platform 12
    platforms;android-13 | 1 | Android SDK Platform 13
    platforms;android-14 | 4 | Android SDK Platform 14
    platforms;android-15 | 5 | Android SDK Platform 15
    platforms;android-16 | 5 | Android SDK Platform 16
    platforms;android-17 | 3 | Android SDK Platform 17
    platforms;android-18 | 3 | Android SDK Platform 18
    platforms;android-19 | 4 | Android SDK Platform 19
    platforms;android-20 | 2 | Android SDK Platform 20
    platforms;android-21 | 2 | Android SDK Platform 21
    platforms;android-22 | 2 | Android SDK Platform 22
    platforms;android-23 | 3 | Android SDK Platform 23
    platforms;android-24 | 2 | Android SDK Platform 24
    platforms;android-25 | 3 | Android SDK Platform 25
    platforms;android-26 | 2 | Android SDK Platform 26
    platforms;android-27 | 3 | Android SDK Platform 27
    platforms;android-28 | 6 | Android SDK Platform 28
    platforms;android-29 | 5 | Android SDK Platform 29
    platforms;android-30 | 3 | Android SDK Platform 30
    platforms;android-31 | 1 | Android SDK Platform 31
    platforms;android-7 | 3 | Android SDK Platform 7
    platforms;android-8 | 3 | Android SDK Platform 8
    platforms;android-9 | 2 | Android SDK Platform 9
    skiaparser;1 | 6 | Layout Inspector image server for API 29-30
    skiaparser;2 | 3 | Layout Inspector image server for API S
    sources;android-15 | 2 | Sources for Android 15
    sources;android-16 | 2 | Sources for Android 16
    sources;android-17 | 1 | Sources for Android 17
    sources;android-18 | 1 | Sources for Android 18
    sources;android-19 | 2 | Sources for Android 19
    sources;android-20 | 1 | Sources for Android 20
    sources;android-21 | 1 | Sources for Android 21
    sources;android-22 | 1 | Sources for Android 22
    sources;android-23 | 1 | Sources for Android 23
    sources;android-24 | 1 | Sources for Android 24
    sources;android-25 | 1 | Sources for Android 25
    sources;android-26 | 1 | Sources for Android 26
    sources;android-27 | 1 | Sources for Android 27
    sources;android-28 | 1 | Sources for Android 28
    sources;android-29 | 1 | Sources for Android 29
    sources;android-30 | 1 | Sources for Android 30
    system-images;android-10;default;armeabi-v7a | 5 | ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-10;default;x86 | 5 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-10;google_apis;armeabi-v7a | 6 | Google APIs ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-10;google_apis;x86 | 6 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-14;default;armeabi-v7a | 2 | ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-15;default;armeabi-v7a | 5 | ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-15;default;x86 | 7 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-15;google_apis;armeabi-v7a | 6 | Google APIs ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-15;google_apis;x86 | 7 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-16;default;armeabi-v7a | 6 | ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-16;default;mips | 1 | MIPS System Image
    system-images;android-16;default;x86 | 7 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-16;google_apis;armeabi-v7a | 6 | Google APIs ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-16;google_apis;x86 | 7 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-17;default;armeabi-v7a | 6 | ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-17;default;mips | 1 | MIPS System Image
    system-images;android-17;default;x86 | 7 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-17;google_apis;armeabi-v7a | 6 | Google APIs ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-17;google_apis;x86 | 7 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-18;default;armeabi-v7a | 5 | ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-18;default;x86 | 4 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-18;google_apis;armeabi-v7a | 6 | Google APIs ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-18;google_apis;x86 | 6 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-19;default;armeabi-v7a | 5 | ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-19;default;x86 | 6 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-19;google_apis;armeabi-v7a | 40 | Google APIs ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-19;google_apis;x86 | 40 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-21;android-tv;armeabi-v7a | 3 | Android TV ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-21;android-tv;x86 | 3 | Android TV Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-21;default;armeabi-v7a | 4 | ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-21;default;x86 | 5 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-21;default;x86_64 | 5 | Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-21;google_apis;armeabi-v7a | 32 | Google APIs ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-21;google_apis;x86 | 32 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-21;google_apis;x86_64 | 32 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-22;android-tv;x86 | 3 | Android TV Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-22;default;armeabi-v7a | 2 | ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-22;default;x86 | 6 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-22;default;x86_64 | 6 | Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-22;google_apis;armeabi-v7a | 26 | Google APIs ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-22;google_apis;x86 | 26 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-22;google_apis;x86_64 | 26 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-23;android-tv;armeabi-v7a | 12 | Android TV ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-23;android-tv;x86 | 21 | Android TV Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-23;android-wear;armeabi-v7a | 6 | Android Wear ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-23;android-wear;x86 | 6 | Android Wear Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-23;default;armeabi-v7a | 6 | ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-23;default;x86 | 10 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-23;default;x86_64 | 10 | Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-23;google_apis;armeabi-v7a | 33 | Google APIs ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-23;google_apis;x86 | 33 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-23;google_apis;x86_64 | 33 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-24;android-tv;x86 | 22 | Android TV Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-24;default;arm64-v8a | 7 | ARM 64 v8a System Image
    system-images;android-24;default;armeabi-v7a | 7 | ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-24;default;x86 | 8 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-24;default;x86_64 | 8 | Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-24;google_apis;arm64-v8a | 27 | Google APIs ARM 64 v8a System Image
    system-images;android-24;google_apis;x86 | 27 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-24;google_apis;x86_64 | 27 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-24;google_apis_playstore;x86 | 19 | Google Play Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-25;android-tv;x86 | 16 | Android TV Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-25;android-wear-cn;armeabi-v7a | 4 | China version of Android Wear ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-25;android-wear-cn;x86 | 4 | China version of Android Wear Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-25;android-wear;armeabi-v7a | 3 | Android Wear ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-25;android-wear;x86 | 3 | Android Wear Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-25;default;x86 | 1 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-25;default;x86_64 | 1 | Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-25;google_apis;arm64-v8a | 18 | Google APIs ARM 64 v8a System Image
    system-images;android-25;google_apis;armeabi-v7a | 18 | Google APIs ARM EABI v7a System Image
    system-images;android-25;google_apis;x86 | 18 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-25;google_apis;x86_64 | 18 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-25;google_apis_playstore;x86 | 9 | Google Play Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-26;android-tv;x86 | 14 | Android TV Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-26;android-wear-cn;x86 | 4 | China version of Android Wear Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-26;android-wear;x86 | 4 | Android Wear Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-26;default;x86 | 1 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-26;default;x86_64 | 1 | Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-26;google_apis;x86 | 16 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-26;google_apis;x86_64 | 16 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-26;google_apis_playstore;x86 | 7 | Google Play Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-27;android-tv;x86 | 9 | Android TV Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-27;default;x86 | 1 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-27;default;x86_64 | 1 | Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-27;google_apis;x86 | 11 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-27;google_apis_playstore;x86 | 3 | Google Play Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-28;android-tv;x86 | 10 | Android TV Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-28;android-wear-cn;x86 | 6 | China version of Wear OS Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-28;android-wear;x86 | 6 | Wear OS Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-28;default;x86 | 4 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-28;default;x86_64 | 4 | Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-28;google_apis;x86 | 12 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-28;google_apis;x86_64 | 11 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-28;google_apis_playstore;x86 | 9 | Google Play Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-28;google_apis_playstore;x86_64 | 8 | Google Play Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-29;android-tv;x86 | 3 | Android TV Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-29;default;x86 | 7 | Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-29;default;x86_64 | 7 | Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-29;google_apis;x86 | 11 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-29;google_apis;x86_64 | 11 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-29;google_apis_playstore;x86 | 8 | Google Play Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-29;google_apis_playstore;x86_64 | 8 | Google Play Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-30;android-tv;x86 | 3 | Android TV Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-30;google-tv;x86 | 3 | Google TV Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-30;google_apis;x86 | 9 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-30;google_apis;x86_64 | 10 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-30;google_apis_playstore;x86 | 9 | Google Play Intel x86 Atom System Image
    system-images;android-30;google_apis_playstore;x86_64 | 10 | Google Play Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-31;google_apis;arm64-v8a | 6 | Google APIs ARM 64 v8a System Image
    system-images;android-31;google_apis;x86_64 | 6 | Google APIs Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    system-images;android-31;google_apis_playstore;x86_64 | 6 | Google Play Intel x86 Atom_64 System Image
    Available Updates:
    ID | Installed | Available
    ------- | ------- | -------
    platform-tools | 28.0.1 | 31.0.3
    ]
    exit code: -1
    at UnityEditor.Android.Command.WaitForProgramToRun (UnityEditor.Utils.Program p, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) [0x00033] in <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0
    at UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) [0x0002d] in <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0
    at UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunAndroidSdkTool (System.String toolName, System.String arguments, System.Boolean updateCommand, System.String errorMsg, System.String toolsDir, System.String[] warningsToIgnore) [0x0007b] in <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0
    at UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.ListComponentsVersions () [0x00062] in <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0
    at UnityEditor.Android.SDKManager.UpdatePackagesList () [0x00079] in <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0
    at UnityEditor.Android.SDKManager.ListAvailable (UnityEditor.Android.SDKManager+Component type) [0x00001] in <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0
    at UnityEditor.Android.PlayerSettingsEditorExtension+<>c__DisplayClass116_0.<StartGettingReleasedAPILevels>b__0 () [0x00066] in <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (System.Object state) [0x00014] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00071] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x0002b] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart () [0x00008] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    UnityEngine.<>c:<RegisterUECatcher>b__0_0(Object, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)

So I'm guessing there's an error while executing UpdatePackagesList -> ListComponentsVersions ->RunAndroidSkdTool

There is a crash there and the sdkmanager.bat gets lost. No file inside recycle bin. Nothing.

- Unity Editor v2020.3.8f1
    - Unity Hub v2.4.3
    - Windows 10 Pro
    - Java v16.0.2

[Edit] Updated jdk to v16 to try and fix the sdkmanager.bat --list error (didn't work). Also found this thread full of people saying that there's a problem with some environment variables not being properly set.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  36. OrderOfOut

OrderOfOut

Why isn't there an option in the Unity Hub to reinstall the proper modules or parts of those modules? This is happening to me also in 2020.3.24 and it's supremely obnoxious.

EDIT: I worked around it by using the 2019.3 SDK tools and other JDK/SDK paths from my local machine, but it would be nice if the hub had more re-install options to help fix this without having to completely uninstall the editor.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    Cuicui_Studios likes this.