Search Unity

JavaScript and IE8

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by mstashev, Mar 7, 2010.

1. mstashev

mstashev

Hi,

My name is Michael and I am a student at IUPUI in the Informatics department. If any of you have some spare time, I would like to ask you for some help with a javascript assignment. I have a page that will render fine in Chrome, FireFox 3.6, Safari 4 (with a bug that makes two windows appear), but I am having a very hard time trying to get the page to work at all in Internet Explorer. It seems like my onclick() event trigger will not work when clicked upon.

When it is clicked upon, it should open a new pop up window, ask for a username, blah, blah, blah, Form displays now.

Then it closes the pop up window and opens a new pop up window with the form in it.

When you click on the TOTAL tab, then click retrieve stash, the current pop up closes, a new pop up opens, and some James Bond music plays.

After that is finished, the pop up closes.

the address for the page is:

http://www.cs.iupui.edu/~mstashev/n341/index.html

go under the Coursework accordion tab,

click Jack Bauer Mission Cookies.

now this is where IE stops, but the rest of the browsers continue.

when you click on Jack Bauer Mission Cookies, my onclick() event fires.

for the username it is:

JackBauer

Again, if anyone has some spare time to help, that would be wonderful.

I have looked high and low for a solution to this problem but have always come up empty handed.

Thanks,

Michael

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

This forum is for using Unity. I'm sure there are many other sites for web Javascript programming.

--Eric