Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Java 9 (JDK 9) support by Unity Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by Yury-Habets, Oct 9, 2017.

1. weiping-toh

weiping-toh

For Mac users, even if the jdk that is set to used is the openjdk8 included in unity, when executing, the java environment gets reset to the system default java environment. So if you have any other java virtual machine environment installed, your android sdk will probably fail to run.

A quick workaround is to go the /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/ folder and go to the respective virtual machines that has a version higher that 1.8 and rename the Info.plist files to get the system to not recognize the virtual machines when running android builds and then restoring it.

2. weiping-toh

weiping-toh

Oh and I just found a bug? with the sdkmanager packaged by Unity. Apparently on my Mac, after doing a diff with the sdkmanager script provided by Android Studio, the sdk library module name is different.

Unity : "-Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir"
    Android Studio : "-Dcom.android.sdklib.toolsdir"

3. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

@weiping-toh would you mind submitting bug reports on both the issues? Thanks!

4. Keegan_Pillay

Keegan_Pillay

Pls can someone help me.I'm trying to add the module open jdk in unity but it's not working, it shows that it's being downloaded but when I click on add module after it finishes downloading it shows that the module open jdk is not ticked. Does anyone have a solution?

5. JustAnotherDude

JustAnotherDude

That doesn't seem right?

6. Grinch_GEO

Grinch_GEO

at the end of the path "\" needs to be changed to "/" has same problem :) just uncheck and set by hand :) thisis for OPENJDK and SDK :)

Rajmahal, Kaweri, cuokumura and 5 others like this.
  7. excalet007

excalet007

you saved someone's day. thank you. bless your happiness

8. AYHossGames

AYHossGames

logged into the forum for the first time just to say you saved my dam life! thanks!

9. rastleks

rastleks

In Unity 2019.4 LTS with Mac OS 10.15.5 Open JDK doesn't install properly. After installing Unity 2019 LTS installed with all modules (NDK, OpenJDK, SDK) I can't build with error "Unable to list target platforms" - "Error:Invalid command android".

Only solution is to install JDK 8 via home-brew. All other solutions doesn't work for me.

nikomikulicic likes this.
  10. nikomikulicic

nikomikulicic

I also have Unity 2019.4 LTS with Mac OS 10.15.2. and was getting, among other stuff: CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to update Android SDK package list.

@rastleks solution ☝️ worked for me with manually installing JDK.

In terminal:
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. brew tap adoptopenjdk/openjdk
    2. brew cask install adoptopenjdk8
    In unity Preferences -> External Tools, uncheck JDK Installed with Unity and set custom path:
    (mine was: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-8.jdk/Contents/Home)

11. crealom

crealom

Yes this saved my ass. Bug with unity

unityunity