Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

.jas, .fbx, objects , texture missing, etc

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by yellowlabrador, Nov 28, 2005.

1. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Hi all,

Tried uploading my objects(Scene) to my standard assets folder and textures to texture folder.

At first attempt(.jas format), unity gave me an error, "Cheetah can not convert files to .fbx and some objects on the scene are missing. Textures I can see on the textures folder but not on the unity scene view.

So I exported my .jas file to fbx(Using cheetah 3d), no errors no textures, still have that missing objects. After playing with the scene a little bit on Cheetah, the .fbx that I imported and save have the missing object and no textures so I think my prob is with cheetah.

The scene I have has a bunch of boxes different sizes, basically a copy of an original box I created using cheetah. I also posted a similar question at cheetah forum.

I decided to drop some of my other object (created using cheetah3D) at unity just to see and those came out okay but in the game view window the objects are black. Is it better to add the texture inside unity or I can add texture using other software like cheetah?

After my little break, I opened unity again just to play with it a little and try to work on my little project.

I started to redo my folder, by removing my working assets folder from the standard assets folder then adding some more objects and putting it back to the standard assets folder. Now when I opened unity again, at the bottom window of game view window I got a little hand that said "stop invalid value" huh!. So I clicked that stop symbol and a window opened with a message; Assert in file:Apple VBO.cpp @ line 673".

Hmmm.
    Sorry for the long newbie post. I'll try again later.

Any suggestions as how to correct my newbiness?

Thanks,
    Ray

2. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

I re did my platform and everything loaded properly.
    Some of my texture was not in the right resolution.

Cannot re create that assert in file error though.

Ray

3. freyr

freyr

Why are you putting your assets into the Standard Assets folder?

The Standard Assets folder contains the Unity Standard Assets. It's best to keep that unmodified, so you can upgrade to newer versions of the Standard Asset Library when we release a new version of Unity.

4. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Hi freyr,

Sorry I meant inside the assets folder along side the standard assets, pro standard assets and toon shading.

That's the correct and safe way to put the assets right?

Thanks,
    Ray

5. freyr

freyr

Yes. Just keep your files somewhere inside the Assets folder. Unity should take care of importing them correctly.