Search Unity

Games James Stead Adventurer

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by uvavoo, Jun 23, 2017.

1. uvavoo

uvavoo

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Your vimeo link redirects to the main vimeo log in page. https://vimeo.com/
    Link directly to the video page instead of the personal category page ;)

Feedback from the game - The camera work is exceptional. I really like the smooth follow setup you've created. The camera transitions that move the camera from close up to the character and back to the normal follow position look damn good!
    I'd personally like to see the hands and gun when going into FPS mode - but I don't think how you have it now is a deal breaker.
    I think it would improve the experience just a little bit if when the player received damage the camera shook just a tiny bit. I don't think the feedback of him grunting is enough. If the camera shook just a little bit it would look like it is supposed to 'feel' like an impact from a projectile.

I don't really like the overall blue-ness of the level, but I have no input on how to improve - lighting is still one of my weaker elements in Unity. Generally - less blue and more natural shading/lighting will improve the look.

3. uvavoo

uvavoo

Thanks for the heads up re Vimeo. Should be corrected now.
    Thanks for the positive feedback. However credit for the slick camera goes to Opsive's third person controller.
    Generally speaking you can see more of the gun, I think it looks to have disappeared due to the high angle of the enemy, I'll look into that anyway and I llike the camera shake suggestion. Thanks again.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. _M_S_D_

_M_S_D_

I would have to agree about lighting. I'd say, make it a normal flourescent blue/yellow, and if you want to tweak the mood further, use a post proc effect instead. Possibly use purkinje post proc to simulate blueness in low light places without everything having to be blue all the time.

5. uvavoo

uvavoo

6. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Very dark and oddly blue. Why is the scenery lighting pure blue, and why isn't the lighting on Steed pure blue? It looks like you've put in a truck-load of work and got a good basis going on, but the blueness is really going to detract from interest, I think.