Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question I've successfully done the 2D Platformer tutorial, except for the last bit..

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by RichAllen2023, Jan 12, 2023.

1. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

upload_2023-1-12_20-15-43.png It says to build and publish it for WebGL, on Unity 2021.3.15fl, I've installed the module but it still says it's not installed! I've restarted Ubuntu and Unity twice, and it's still saying it's not installed.

Here's my otherwise complete project.

upload_2023-1-12_20-15-43.png

Can you guys help me do the last bit of the tutorial? And then I'll have achieved something?

Attached Files:

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

Man, I don't want this to sound harsh, but sometimes a bit of tough love is what's needed. You've been active on the forums here for six and a half years, now. If you're still not able to get through a tutorial without assistance, what's your actual goal with your time spent doing all this?

If you just like tinkering with the engine because you're a game enthusiast, that's cool. But I think in that case you should be more curious about why things aren't working for you and digging into that side of things. I guess the same applies if you want to actually make a real game, too: if you want to get through all the work of making a game, you have to be able to troubleshoot your tools and system a bit.

I don't intend to be discouraging and I hope I'm not coming off that way. I hope this is a motivator to get you to find what it is you want with this hobby and refocus your effort into making progress with that rather than floating from one tutorial project to another.

3. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

upload_2023-1-12_20-30-21.png

@Schneider21 I managed all the other steps, the WebGL build doesn't work for some reason, I am on Ubuntu 20.4, allegedly a supported OS.

4. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

It's not the projects or my motivation that's the problem, it's probably the fact I'm restricted to using Linux, allegedly a supported OS, because my Brother won't let me use Windows as it's "too insecure", especially when half the Internet hates me for reasons I can't help.

5. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023