Search Unity

Unity Multiplayer I've been using UNET for my game Warp League Basketball, check it out!

Discussion in 'Connected Games' started by robochase, Dec 17, 2017.

1. robochase

robochase

Hey, I've been a lot more active on this networking forum in the past but not recently

I figured I'd show off Warp League Basketball here, a 3v3 'basketball with guns' game i've been making for VR. I made this with UNET, so it's fairly relevant to the forum. Technically, I hacked the HLAPI to use steamworks P2P instead of the LLAPI, but at least 75% of the my netcode is relying heavily on Commands/RPCs/etc

Here's the Steam page if you want to follow the game (release date is still TBD, but it's getting closer every day): http://store.steampowered.com/app/536460/Warp_League_Basketball/

Enjoy :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Fun game! so you didn't actually use UNET at all ?

(HLAPI doesn't count - it's just C# calling Unity's actual UNET)

3. robochase

robochase

well now you have me confused, maybe I should clarify!

I basically went into UNET's source code (NetworkConnection, NetworkServer, etc) and tweaked it to use Steamworks' P2P layer for connection & data transmission instead of the LLAPI. I originally made my game with UNET and eventually decided the relay server setup was kind of gross for VR games, so I did this small hack instead of rewriting all my netcode. I'd very much say that I used UNET for this game :)

hippocoder likes this.
  4. TwoTen

TwoTen

Deff adding that to my VR collection.

5. robochase

robochase

Awesome, thanks dood! I'm still using the same old Steam voice chat code we were poking at months ago! I hope yr project is coming along nicely :)

TwoTen likes this.
  6. TwoTen

TwoTen

Yes, i’m working hard on it man. I will hopefully be able to make a VR title after this one. This one has been in development for a year now. Happy to hear you got your voice working haha.

Don’t have much time due to work and school. But I have to say your game looks awesome!