Search Unity

iTweens (editor) Animations working as long as one finishes before another starts

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by boxy, Aug 22, 2012.

1. boxy

boxy

Hello
    I'm currently experimenting with a simple ebook style interface: click left to move camera left, click right to move right, click centre to toggle a menu. I'm using iTween Editor for all the animations. The menu object and all associated colliders are children of the camera. All colliders are set to' isTrigger' so they don't get affected by physics. The pop up menu toggle works fine as long as the left and right animations complete first. If I click left/right then immediately click centre while left/right are still playing, the menu object gets offset so it is no longer exactly aligned with the camera in x. Since the menu object is a child of the camera and set to move in the y direction only with no physics, I assumed this would work fine - seems to me like the camera's movement shouldn't matter. I wondered if changing the animation ease to linear would help but it doesn't.
    (I'm sure I'll try a GUI menu at some point but I do like the simplicity of this setup!)
    If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it very much.
    Thanks

http://www.boxy.co.uk/uploads/iTweenMenu.mov

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  2. boxy

boxy

Bah! islocal. :)