Search Unity

iTS - Intelligent Traffic System [WIP]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by rhodnius, Jul 28, 2014.

1. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

This looks really good. Have you looked at Caliper products?

http://www.caliper.com/TransModeler/Simulation.htm

The demo for downtown Los Angles traffic is what I would like to see in one of your demos. See the video on the video page.

http://www.caliper.com/TransModeler/video/transmodelervideos.htm

rhodnius likes this.
  2. rhodnius

rhodnius

@longroadhwy Thanks for your comments!

I didn't saw it before, looks good! yep the way the Downtown Los Angeles video is showing is definitely something that iTS can perform, we would look into a way to get a similar demo soon.

Rhod,

3. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

Here is a pic of a new feature i have included just before uploading to the asset store, you can see on this pic that the cars wont align exactly on the lane line, so is kind of some noise on the path following of the cars, so they wont look like a train.

upload_2014-12-6_18-4-37.png

EDIT: Works for peds too.

Rhod,

TooManySugar likes this.
  4. rhodnius

rhodnius

I have just uploaded the iTS to the asset store, it is still pending review, so in a few days it should be live if there is no issue with the UAT QA review.

Also, we have done a change on the price for an introductory price like the following:

iTS - Full Source code version (Pro version) USD250.00
    iTS - Dll version (just core is on dll) USD100.00

Rhod,

5. Meceka

Meceka

That slight randomness is great! I don't remember asking for it, but I was exactly looking for that effect. Thanks.

Pricing range is great, you are more inside indie dev's price range now ;)

Good luck.

eridani and rhodnius like this.
  6. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Have you considered adding public transportation? (subways, trains, etc.)

rhodnius likes this.
  7. rhodnius

rhodnius

@Meceka Thanks!

@longroadhwy This is indeed already possible, you just need the right physics for it, and use the same scripts from our iTS AI, just like we did with pedestrians ;)

Rhod,

8. pinchmass

pinchmass

Fantastic, ready to click buy, have been so impressed with iRDS (and your support)

rhodnius likes this.
  9. rhodnius

rhodnius

@pinchmass Thanks! and your welcome!, you can expect this to be a growing feature asset, as iRDS is :D

Rhod,

10. eridani

eridani

Hello Rhod, I have a question about your pedestrian system. I'm thinking of making some kind of game similar to the GTA series where there are pedestrians walking around. Can you possibly put in functionality to make the pedestrians react to events (such as nearby gunfire) by making them move faster and run toward a secondary waypoint path, such as inside buildings? I want to simulate the pedestrians getting scared and running to safety. Thank you

11. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @eridani !

This could be something we could add for a future release, we need to think a little bit on how to tell the nearby pedestrians if a gun fire is occurring at some distance (like making a message system for the traffic and peds).

About making them go to another path, this may be able to be done by changing at that event the type of "Vehicle" of the peds to one that can only use certain paths, thus making them go into predefined directions, since the system can handle specific vehicle types per lane and per lane connectors, this is something that could be done.

Let me know if you have any further questions ;)

PD: Sorry for the late reply, over here we were at holiday, Mothers days :D

Rhod,

12. eridani

eridani

Thanks! That would be cool if the cars can react to gunfire too; I just assumed it would be a lot more complicated than just having the pedestrians run around and disappear into buildings. Basically your asset would be the framework to make a GTA style game! Anyway, hope your mom had a great day.

13. rhodnius

rhodnius

@eridani Thanks, we can work towards that, wont be super simple to do, but as i always say, there has to be a way to do it, and more if there already exist GTA :D

Thanks for the wishes for my mom, really appreciate it! she is resting now with God, so i know she is fine :)

Thanks again my friend for your comments ;)

Rhod,

eridani likes this.
  14. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hello guys!

iTS core in dll version has been approved and is currently live on the asset store.

Here is the link http://u3d.as/aA7

Cheers,

Rhod,

15. pinchmass

pinchmass

xmas came early, just noticed it on the asset store, purchased and downloading.

rhodnius likes this.
  16. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks @pinchmass !

I would be creating some tutorials in this days and upload them on our website.

Rhod,

17. rhodnius

rhodnius

Let me know if you need anything or if you have any questions ;)

EDIT: I would be opening the new thread on the released assets section and would post the link here.

Rhod,

18. rhodnius

rhodnius

We just got approved the full source code version!

here is the link http://u3d.as/ayu

Cheers!

Rhod,

19. rhodnius

rhodnius

20. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys,

I just added a new video tutorial on our webpage and on the official release thread(the link is on the post before this one)

Also the API docs are online now.

Rhod,

21. Pulov

Pulov

This asset at first, despite its awesomeness had a bit jercky vehicle motion, some turning issues not being very natural etc.. Tested the latest demo today and wow. It has been smoothed and shines like a diamond. Looks abbbsolutely great. Good job!.

rhodnius likes this.
  22. joobsi

joobsi

Hi,
    I am developing a scenario to test the signaling regulated for reversible tracks .
    Is there any asset that allows creating and managing the reversible tracks ( marks, signs and traffic lights ) ?
    Thank you.

23. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @joobsi !

Do you mean like changing the direction of the roads at runtime? iTS manage the road network but doesn't really allow changing the roads direction at runtime directly, but maybe there could be the possibility to have 2 road networks on the scene, one for left hand driving and the other for right hand driving and switch between them at runtime, and removing all traffic cars and then respawning them after the switch. Not sure if that's what you are looking for?

Also the active thread for iTS is currently this one:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/released-its-intelligent-traffic-system.284994/page-2

Cheers!

Rhod,

24. carking1996

carking1996

Hi rhodnius, I'm having an issue with my traffic cars with traffic lights. They sometime stop in the center of the intersection when the light turns red. Any ways to prevent this?

25. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @carking1996 ,

Does this happens on the latest version on the asset store?

26. kkkun111

kkkun111

If I want to create a train traffic system, I could import my train models into the scene and apply the existed package physics on it? How about the lanes? Can it be 3D objects?

Thanks

27. rhodnius

rhodnius

I'm not sure if the car physics would work out for a train, but definitely you could use the AI and apply it to another script that handles the train physics (usually a train physics should be only throttle and brake IMHO, since the tracks should handle the steering already).

The lanes are a virtual lane, they are not 3D objects/Meshes, so you can use them and have a graphic rail in place to match it.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Rhod,

28. kkkun111

kkkun111

Thanks for the reply! It's good to know the script can be applied on other transportation models !
    What if my tracks are 3D objects? Will they affect the lanes' point position ? Also, how about the rigging of the whole train? Since I want them to move carriage by carriage separately .

Thanks !

29. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi kkkun111!

If your tracks are 3D objects the system could be place on top of it, i dont think it would be affected by it.

For the train rigging, you should use a physics for the train that is for that purpose. I'm not sure that the included physics (which are using wheelcolliders) may fit that purpose.

Cheers!

Rhod

30. kkkun111

kkkun111

HI Rhod,
    I cannot draw on my 3D tracks , the lanes go underneath the 3D tracks, even if i edit the lanes' points the points still stay on the terrain surface , which is not exactly on my 3D tracks. I have also tried the train rigging but my train becomes a whole object (single train), it cannot move carriage by carriage . How can I make the rigging for each carriage and connected as a single train? After the rigging, my train can move from point to point, yet, it wiggle crazily on the tracks.
    What should I change in the physics setting?
    Thanks !

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  31. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @kkkun111 !

Oh, thanks for the purchase! I' didn't knew you already bought it! thanks again!

Please send me your invoice number to josegarrido@dagagames.com to register your purchase.

About the lanes not getting on top of your tracks, this should be because your tracks meshes doesnt have a collider on them, but if the tracks are going to be just on top of the terrain, there is no issue at all that the lanes of the system be on top of the terrain instead of the train tracks.

About the rigging, you may want to rig the locomotor apart from the carriages, in other words you need to rig them separately and then use a configurable joint to make them be together, see the following post http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/released-its-intelligent-traffic-system.284994/#post-1901462

By the way this thread is not used anymore, since this was for the Work in progress of the development of iTS please use the thread of the link i copy above to keep this thread not used.

If you have any further questions, please write into this thread -> Link

Cheers!

Rhod,

32. kkkun111

kkkun111

Rhod,

Thanks for the reply! I may have to ask my boss for the invoice.
    Recently, i have to build a traffic system for a city.
    But my iTS manager panel is missing. How can i make it show again?
    Here is the error picture.
    error.jpg
    Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  33. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi kkkun111,

Please use the thread on this link for future questions, this is an old thread that was for Work in Progress when we were developing iTS.

Link

About your question, I havent seen that behavior before, can you please tell me what were your exact steps to get that behavior so I can reproduce it over here and have a look at it, thanks.

Rhod,

34. AR_Rizvi

AR_Rizvi

@rhodnius Hi i recently bought its system and its working perfectly for cars but when i am trying to implement the pedestrians i am unable to add my own models with the same animator controller (locomotion) as hana in your demo scene so can you help me with this i do not understand what ia m doing wrong i a have same riged charterer as hana with same hierarchy i have bought them also but they just stand in Idle as just Idle state keeps playing it done not move
    plz help

35. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @AR_Rizvi please contact me at josegarrido@dagagames.com so I could help you out.

Cheers!

Rhod,

36. tuanzi88

tuanzi88

Hi Rhod,

Can I contact with you via the email too? I just bought it last week, but I was blocked at very beginning that I cannot create a lane following the tutorial:

Btw, currently our company is evaluating this plugin and going to buy many if it is selected to build our simulation system. And we hope to get your help to complete this evaluation.

Best,
    Yikang

37. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @tuanzi88 !

Yes you can contact me at josegarrido@dagagames.com

Your issue sounds like the road mesh and environment might not have a collider attached to it.

Let me know how I can help you out.

Cheers!

Rhod,

38. unitydevist

unitydevist

Source user here and I can't create lanes in 5.5.1 or later, 5.4.4 works. When I try to click to create a lane it just does nothing or deselects iTS Manager. Any news on compatibility with 5.5 and 5.6?

39. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi lxpk, would be checking it on the latest unity version, is there any error you see on the console?

Thanks for the feedback,

Cheers!

Rhod,

40. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi there!

I just checked using unity V5.6 and is working pretty good here is a screenshot

upload_2017-5-2_15-29-15.png

Anything else you maybe doing that i should to replace it here?

Cheers!

Rhod,

41. Hardik-somani

Hardik-somani

Hello, rhodnius
    How many Maximum traffic light group puts in one scene ?

42. rhodnius

rhodnius

You should be able to put many, haven't really made a test to count them, but they should be plenty of them in a scene,

Cheers!

Rhod,

43. Hardik-somani

Hardik-somani

Thanks for your reply,
    when i puts 19 light groups,it's work perfect but,when i try to put more then 19 light group then traffic system work perfect but,some traffic light not seen perfect. it means blinking the light.

44. Hardik-somani

Hardik-somani

Hi There..!

45. raziel786

raziel786

I am looking to purchase this asset. Can anyone confirm if this reacts well with Realistic Car Controller? I.e. if my RCC car crashes into traffic, do the traffic cars stay static as if nothing has happened, or do they actually get damaged etc?

46. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks for your interest on iTS!

They would stop, roll etc. as a normal physic based car on unity, damage can be added to it with your own script that could just swap textures, enable particles, etc. ;)

Cheers!

47. cr4y

cr4y

Hi! Quick question:
    Is it possible to make the cars drive on the left (UK)?

48. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yes you are totally free to make the lanes the way you want them to be and the system just would work.

Cheers!

Rhod,

49. shivasoni

shivasoni

hello i have just purchased its system and my player car behave is completely strange, its not working properly and when i hit play button in demo scene after few seconds car starts jumping left right and not even accelerating.
    Using Unity 2017.2.0f3

50. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi!

This is just the Wheelcollider settings that need to be changed to higher values, the spring and damper specifically. Use values like spring 80,000 and damper 10,000.

Cheers!

Rhod,