Search Unity

"It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Blows Their Brains Out" exhibition + digital DL

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by KnifeFightBob, Jan 22, 2012.

1. KnifeFightBob

KnifeFightBob

Hi all. Wow - it's been a while since I last posted anything, so expect a mouthful right here! ^^

Just wanted to post some about my recent work, a series of game-works that were exhibited at the art school I attend (Valand School of Fine Arts in Gothenburg, Sweden). You may recognize Don't Get Raped as one of them, here obviously vastly polished compared to the prototype I showed in 2010. The works have also been made available for purchase, both as digital download (7$) and physical signed copies (50€) with some bonus content.

The exhibition was really well-received and I've had the chance to do interviews with Mathias Jansson/Art21 and Level magazine and been invited to exhibit at a couple of places.

This is the 'ad copy' to give you an idea of what it's all about:
    "In the series/exhibition It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Blows Their Brains Out, I explore how various interfaces to our daily lives affect different forms of violence: structural, mental and actual. The manifestation is done through four pieces, all consisting of videogames installed in environments that replicate a real place and situation. In the four works, focus is affixed to how our tools of coping with and negotiating lived life changes possibility spaces and our ways of understanding the possibility of alternate approaches. With It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Blows Their Brains Out I have wanted to create a small number of works that specifically address how interfaces create certain subjectivities. In making these works, I hope that the process behind different forms of violence will be more fully explored as well as to place due respect in how the physical reality is part of the dialogue of virtual, cognition and the real."

Please visit www.propaganda-bureau.se for more information if you are curious!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012