Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

It's 2020, and you still can't import assets with textures

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by doctorpangloss, Nov 18, 2020.

1. doctorpangloss

doctorpangloss

The HDRP package's FBX importer currently incorrectly imports 3ds Max Physical materials as Arnold materials.

I haven't been able to import anything from 3ds max with textures correctly set, regardless of what materials I use.

It's been years. I just want a workflow for importing an asset with textures. There are fewer 3d editor SKUs than mobile phone SKUs, so this is definitely not a matter of QA difficulty.

Your 7.2.0 changelog:

"Added AssetPostprocessors and Shadergraphs to handle Arnold Standard Surface and 3DsMax Physical material import from FBX."

Your Unity video demonstrating texture importing:

None of this stuff works! People must post about this all the time, and it just gets ignored. These aren't bugs, they're regressions.

People go and buy library assets to demo this technology. It's currently completely impossible to use library assets right now in HDRP. It's good for your package if people can use these assets.

Attached Files:

unityunity