Search Unity

It takes a lot of time for Ads to initialize, even in Test mode

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by aidinz, Feb 3, 2021.

1. aidinz

aidinz

Hi,

Everytime I want to test Unity Ads in my Unity game I have to wait about 5 minutes for Ads to initialize and during this time no ads can be shown, even the empty template of example ad is not working during this time.

Is it possible to make Unity Ads to always show the template ad when it is asked to show an ad? I think it is because I've seen some YouTube tutorials that people play the ad with a button and it displays the empty template instantly.

Maybe this changed recently?

My code is very simple:

void Start()
    {
    Advertisement.Initialize(playStoreId, isTestAd);
    Advertisement.AddListener(this);
    }

makaka-org likes this.
  2. makaka-org

makaka-org

3. aidinz

aidinz

Thanks for the reply. Connection is good enough, I monitor my bandwidth and Unity is not using it at all. Please note that I'm using the test mode which I don't think will download anything from the internet. I want the initialization to happen immediately so I can test faster, as it is the case with youtube videos I see.

makaka-org likes this.
  4. makaka-org

makaka-org

As I understand video in test mode is still downloaded through the internet / or it simulates the process. I work with Unity Ads half a year, and never had 5 minutes delay. @kyle-unity what do you think?

5. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

We haven't had any other reports of such long initialization times. It's interesting that it is succeeding after such a long time and not timing out, however.

Test mode on devices does load assets from our remote server (as it would bloat the install size of your app to include those video files locally), so the issue might be to do with the connection Speed.

@aidinz Are you able to get a network traffic log? (e.g. using Charles or a similar program)
    This will let us see exactly what is happening during the initialization process.

makaka-org likes this.
  6. NicolasLorenzi

NicolasLorenzi

I have the same problem, do you find a solution?

Vickey_Soni likes this.
  7. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

For Unity Ads (3.x) I always added the listener before initialising. I doubt it's that, but worth a try.

8. Vickey_Soni

Vickey_Soni

Not in initialization, but it takes way too long to Load the AD (Rewarded ad, have not tried others). Even while testing. I'm using Ads Package 4.4.2, and it's my first time using Unity Ads.

9. KaveeM2007

KaveeM2007

I am having the same problem, but only when turn on connection after playing the game for some time just watch an Ad.
    I coded my scripts so as soon as internet becomes available, the initializer run the Initialize() method. But it takes so long than it would take at the start of the game in Awake(). I don't get it, why it takes more time when trying to do at the middle of the game?

Vickey_Soni likes this.