Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

It possible to make money

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by steg90, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Tom_Veg

Tom_Veg

This!

It is possible to make money with games, or with assets. But how much time and effort will it take before you will be able to say "i'm making enough to live only from this"... This also depends highly where you live on the planet. Here bad countries have advantage. But even there it still takes a lot of time, work, dedication and effort to get to consistent levels of income... Just like with everything else in life.
    To start combination of many things would be good idea. For example i have asset in asset store. That would not be enough for me to cover life expenses even after 2 years of being publisher. But i also publish on other marketplaces, and most of all i do freelance work. And on top of game dev and animation i cover 3D printing industry. Combination of all those areas is enough for me to make a living. It took me 2-3 years (edit acctually 4 years forgot it's 2019) of full time dedication and work to be able to say that.

That being said, there is no guaranty it will last forever. All i can do is continue to work, improve and expand and hope for the best.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    C_Occlusion, JohnnyA and GarBenjamin like this.
  2. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Congrats an awesome point to reach :)

Tom_Veg likes this.
  3. C_Occlusion

C_Occlusion

@steg90
    My advice would be to not give up....Keep making games....If you give up then your chances of success are 0%...Keep doing what you love, and find a way to succeed...I started much like you with TI 99 4A instead of C64...Loved every minute of it since...Love Unity and C# also...Have not made much money, but have loved the experience...CO

JustColorado, Tom_Veg and GarBenjamin like this.