Search Unity

Games IT Life - Game Progress

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by YourPST_Studios, Jan 14, 2019.

1. YourPST_Studios

YourPST_Studios

Hello All,

I am here today to share a project that I've been working on. This is about the 4th version of this game, after tearing down and starting from scratch multiple times. It is called IT Life. I really didn't have much to upload, as gameplay is still in the works but I wanted to share and see if I could get some tips from more seasoned Unity devs.

The idea of the game is that you start as an employee at a computer store. You sell computers to customers that appear. You do this to earn more money to buy servers to start your own business that pays you when you aren't working in the store. I'm still updating so there are a few parts that are left out but eventually the player will be servicing clients not only with the parts they can buy from the store they work at but also through leasing out servers. Depending on the usage of the server, the income can increase or decrease. Your income is affected by losing customers (Both in store and out of store), servers breaking down, internet costs and power consumption.

Like I said before, this is still a work in progress. I put the models in the game just as place holders until I can take more time to design something better. I've been working on making a sudo MP3 player in the game and making the music for that as well. Pretty much everything is going to be reworked aside from the code so expect a lot more on my next post. I will continue to post updates here but if you are interested, you can also find more updates as well as what the game used to look like on my website (LVPST.com) or my youtube (YourPST Studios).

Thank you for checking it out and feel free to leave a message if you have any input.

2. SomeAB

SomeAB

Suggestion:
    I would prefer to have the sound of footsteps to be 30% more softer. Currently it feels like hitting the wood with something.

Anyways, this looks like a cool concept.

3. YourPST_Studios

YourPST_Studios

I am sorry for that. I was recording with the sound off and didn't remember it was on. That is surely going to be changed. Thanks for your response though. I am hoping I can get more videos up to give a better idea of what this game is about seeing as how the current video doesn't really show as much.

4. YourPST_Studios

YourPST_Studios

Have a bit of an update. Decided to share some of the thing I added and things I've been working on. Feel free to leave some tips or hints on what I can work on.