Search Unity

It is possible to add components after installation?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by LeandroDotta, Jan 25, 2018.

1. LeandroDotta

LeandroDotta

I've downloaded a release and selected the components to install with it. Then I realized I needed another components. So I had to remove the release from the list and download all over again with the componenets I wanted.

It is possible to add new components after install a release?

2. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

Click on the three dots on the right side of your Unity build and select "Add component".

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  3. LeandroDotta

LeandroDotta

Thank you JacobSmaga! One thing I notice is that builds I've set manually doesn't have this option. Then I downloaded the 2018.1.0b4 version through the Hub and the option appeared. As in the screenshots:

upload_2018-1-26_10-7-12.png

upload_2018-1-26_10-7-45.png

Anyway, I will download the official release through the Hub now to have this option :)

Attached Files:

IgorAherne likes this.
  4. BorisMongeau

BorisMongeau

Unity Technologies

Hi LeandroDotta,

Currently all versions added using the locate button will not let you add components and will not let you uninstall (you can only unlink it from the Hub). The add components and uninstall is only available when you download and install a version in the Hub.

IgorAherne likes this.
  5. LeandroDotta

LeandroDotta

Got it! Thank you!

6. cprenoveau

cprenoveau

I ran into the same problem. Unity Hub is a neat idea. Unfortunately, I discovered it after installing, through the Preferences/External Tools. It said I could install android sdks through the hub. I thought, oh this is cool, since the android sdkmanager no longer exists as a standalone app. It wasn't as cool when I discovered I couldn't (the editor lied to me, there was no cake :p)
    It would be nice to add a line of explanation of what UnityHub is on the download page, and a warning that some features are unavailable with a normal install.
    I suppose reinstalling Unity is not that bad of a pain, but I would have liked to know in advance.

arconz likes this.
  7. foesmasher

foesmasher

If this is true ....
    Currently all versions added using the locate button will not let you add components and will not let you uninstall (you can only unlink it from the Hub). The add components and uninstall is only available when you download and install a version in the Hub

Then how do you add components?

8. L42yB

L42yB

Download the latest Unity Hub.
    Do not manually add your currently installed version to the Hub
    Go to: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive
    Find the version you have installed and click on the "Unity Hub" button next to it

You will get an option to add components to the currently installed version.

9. Tactical-Gamer

Tactical-Gamer

You can download build components separately by going to the build settings.

I wanted to download the Android Build Support component, which initially I didn't include during the installation of the Unity editor.

Go to File > Build Settings > Android > Open Download Page Screenshot_1.png

It'll start to download the Android Build Module which you can install once completed.

(This was on Unity 2017.x)

10. AaryanTripathi

AaryanTripathi

I also came here to tell this
    but You are a little faster
    note:-this method works in all unity 2020.x versions

Last edited: May 24, 2021