Search Unity

Issues with Unity Hub on Fedora 30

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by despicable_meme, Oct 27, 2019.

1. despicable_meme

despicable_meme

Afternoon all,

I'm very new to this but figured I'd document some of the issues I've come across, and how I've fixed them, as I get up and running with Unity on Fedora 30.

Hopefully this will help someone out, let me know if you have any questions regarding issues I haven't gotten to yet.

General Debug

The Unity Hub appImage/binary itself doesn't seem to support a --debug flag, but in your project list, you can pop open the menu under the three dots, select Advanced Options and pass various options in from here:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

I found it helpful to have things streaming out to a log in /tmp rather than one hidden under a dotfile in /home, which I did with this:

-logFile /tmp/unity.out

Assets won't download from the asset store, hang at 0%

The first (and so far only) major issue I came across.

Assets wouldn't download at all, but neither did they error.

Using the log we set up previously, you get this error:

Curl error 77: Error reading ca cert file from /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

Fedora keeps it's ca bundles in a different place, which unity isn't looking at (due to us using an OS they don't specifically support).

user@host ~ $ stat /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
    stat: cannot stat '/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt': No such file or directory

We can simply symlink the actual cert bundle over the top, and then unity will start using it:

user@host ~ $ sudo ln -s /etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/pem/tls-ca-bundle.pem /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

2. fxhp

fxhp

I def got snagged by this and lost a few days of working time as a result of bug hunting this defect. Thanks for the explanation and the work around. Unity devs please fix this, root ca certificates are not always on the same location on all systems!

3. Norrick

Norrick

Awesome write up! Thank you for the work around. Was running into the same issue on SUSE. Hopefully this workaround works for others!

4. Norrick

Norrick

ln -s /var/lib/ca-certificates/ca-bundle.pem /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

This is the sym link I created for OpenSUSE Tumbleweed. I'd imagine it'd be the same for OpenSUSE Leap, but can't promise anything

phrobion and jztridify like this.
  5. void0_unity

void0_unity

I can confirm, in OpenSuse Leap it is the same

6. phrobion

phrobion

Thanks a lot. You saved me a lot of frustrating days after having two frustrating days. (also confirmed for Opensuse Leap 15.1)

7. kvickjohan

kvickjohan

upload_2020-5-25_16-30-45.png

HI!

I´m not sure if im in the right forum thread but this is my issue. The first time i started tts it worked great but now i get this. Can anyone tell me what i can do to fix this?