Search Unity

Issues with UIWebView Api for delivering to the App Store - ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by tonOnWu, Apr 1, 2020.

1. tonOnWu

tonOnWu

Hello.

Today the day arrived. Apple is about to close the possibility of delivering to the App Store because we're still receiving this email:

"We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "NAME-OF-APP" 0.13 (0). Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of new apps that use UIWebView APIs starting from April 2020. See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview for more information.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can upload a new binary to App Store Connect."

I have Unity 2019.3.7f1 and Advertisement Version 3.4.4. I wish to know what should I do for this to work. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

This should have been addressed in Unity Ads SDK version 3.3.0, I'll check with team

/Rasmus

3. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

And just to make sure, are you using other Ads SDKs in your game?

4. tonOnWu

tonOnWu

I'm using "Advertisement" package 3.4.4. I don't know if should be using another. I'm attaching an image with the packages I'm using it.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 4.38.18 AM.png

5. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

And you are not using SDKs from other ad networks? (i.e. is it possible that UIWebView is from some other SDK)

6. tonOnWu

tonOnWu

No, that I know. But, is there a way to look for something in the code that can be using the UIWebView in some asset that I included in the code?

7. tonOnWu

tonOnWu

I'm using a couple of Assets for Rating my game and for handling Leaderboard. I test removing it and see what happens. But if you have another suggestion, please, let me know.

8. tonOnWu

tonOnWu

Ok. By now, what I found is that from this month on (Apr 2020), if you want to deploy for the AppStore and you want to use some Asset that handles ratings or leaderboard, you need to confirm with the Package's Developer that they don't use UIWebView.

It seems that these two packages are giving me the error:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...ross-platform-native-plugins-ultra-pack-31086
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/rate-game-popup-android-ios-139131

One of the developers contacted me and mentioned that their packages use SDK made by Google. Which makes me think that here is the problem. Also, he recommended me not to use it or purchase it for my Apps in iOS.

If there is something else I have to post afterward, I'll let you know.