Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Issues with Skinning Editor.

Discussion in '2D' started by VayRose, Jun 6, 2023.

1. VayRose

VayRose

[SOLVED]

I really hope this is the correct place for this, if not, I do apologize.

I used GIMP to make my player sprite.
    I saved it as a PSD.

I imported my art file into unity, and began following along with some basic tutorials, right away I noticed some issues, and I think I've gotten myself turned totally around now, and I've googled for about three hours and cannot find any answers. So being desperate and coming to the forms.

I've gotten my bone system set up, they are named and they are sorted as they should be, now comes the fun bit.

I go to click one of the sprites, and when I click 'auto geometry' and 'generate for select' only ONE sprite shows the geometry colors. The other sprites, when select, and the same thing is done to them, they are grayed out, and when trying to 'move' the bones, the sprite stays where it is while the bones move, yet the one sprite I was able to get this to work with, if I move the bones they move the sprite just fine.

Like I said I am literally at my wits end here and I am about to just swear off the bone system toss my art and just work with the dinky center point animations.

From my understanding, I have all the unity packages I need I THINK. I have the psd importer, 2d animator, etc. Not sure if the IK is even still there or if its really needed for my situation.
    I've parented the bones to the correct bones, but when I double click on another sprite I also notice that there is no 'bone influences'
    Wondering if that's part of my issue.
    Willing to PM or speak on discord to look into it further, along with email communication.

Any help here?

SOLVED:

Another user messaged me and informed me that it could be from the way the file was imported.
    After checking, I used GIMP, and turns out I had accidentally set 3 sprites on the incorrect layer.
    After correcting this, I was able to finish my tutorial and now I have a working bone rig for my character.

This really had my mind boggled and turns out it wasn't even a unity problem.......

Maybe I should invest in photoshop now. And a beer. Cheers.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      246.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      247.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png