Search Unity

Issues with models from "the3dstudio.com"

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Sargon_of_Akkad, May 12, 2014.

1. Sargon_of_Akkad

Sargon_of_Akkad

Hello all,

I apologise for the rather negative nature of this post, but I have recently had problems with several models from the3dstudio.com, and I would like to warn other Unity users before spending money on their site.

The models were of unprofessional quality and the service, while responsive, was intransigent about models I am unable to use due to their texture misalignment. I am not a 3D modeler, I am a programmer, and I expect the models I have purchased to be as usable as any other .obj model I have purchased.

It was a trifling sum ($20) that I had spent, and despite several attempts by myself and a repeated sending of "new" versions of the model, the problems remained the same.

Instead of refunding me this small amount to reinforce my faith in their site and service, they declared the model to be "working" and refused to help further, despite providing me no evidence to support their position and myself providing screenshots proving mine.

$B174F543.jpg

I hope my experience can help other people in future, and apologies if this is in the wrong forum - I wasn't sure where to post, but I wanted to give people full information about what they would get into before spending money on that site.

I find it highly ironic that they claim to have a "no-hassle money back guarantee":

All the best in your projects,

Carl

2. BHS

BHS

This is why people should buy from the Asset Store.

Most assets are professionally modeled/textured/designed, and due to the Asset Store's approval process, you will almost always be satisfied with the quality of the asset you have bought.